Smile

Feds to kill any type of blogging?

It won't happen. Freedom reigns.

Theyl use some lame ass terrorist excuse to push the bill through. The "T" word has worked for just about everything else so far.

Yup, I hear there going after diary's. Later pens and even paper. Then the slippery slope to taking away the wheel.

B)

If you think it will never happen, think Patriot Act I, II, phone wiretapping, waterboarding, indefinite detentions, etc...

It makes perfect sense and I support it.

Jones is a fear pusher.

Here is the problem as I see it: there are laws for truth in advertising, but several companies now use blogs as a form of advertising and so can lie openly and legally about their products. Since they do not have to disclose a conflict of interest you do not get to find out if the blog is written by an employee of the company selling a product it is making false claims about.

Don't worry about free speech infringement, it does not contradict the ability to write what you want as a blogger unless you make false claims, speculation and opinion are totally safe, but lying to people to boost sales of your product would be illegal for bloggers, it currently isn't and many corporations are abusing this heavily.

It makes perfect sense and I support it.

Jones is a fear pusher.

Here is the problem as I see it: there are laws for truth in advertising, but several companies now use blogs as a form of advertising and so can lie openly and legally about their products. Since they do not have to disclose a conflict of interest you do not get to find out if the blog is written by an employee of the company selling a product it is making false claims about.

Don't worry about free speech infringement, it does not contradict the ability to write what you want as a blogger unless you make false claims, speculation and opinion are totally safe, but lying to people to boost sales of your product would be illegal for bloggers, it currently isn't and many corporations are abusing this heavily.

Brother, the false claims is the smoke screen. The reason is to stop an open critic of the government and the special interest groups. If it passes, all 9/11 truthers will immediately be shot down. Same goes for exposing medical fraud, government misconduct, GM food etc.

If you think it will never happen, think Patriot Act I, II, phone wiretapping, waterboarding, indefinite detentions, etc...

I think it always happens. Predictably- like clockwork, always has always will.

Same old, same old. In time of war and fear-shit happens, civil rights contract, the zealous go overboard. In my opinion from a historical basis it was relatively light this time. Things are already rolling back.

I'm not saying I like it or that its right, but its not 'oh my god' we're heading for dictatorship.

Too often people see a bad event and conclude it will worsen and draw a straight line to hell. To me history cycles, relatively predictably.

Michael