Sign in to follow this  
el_tortugo

along the lines of shamanism

Seeing how taoism evolved out of the old shamanism, what do you suppose one could traditionaly be invoking while doing the various Tai Chi Chuans of the different families as well as the other animal forms and qigong forms/exercises.

From doing the classical yang for a while I get the feeling I am invoking elements rather than any animals..... and perhaps the entire universe and maybe beyond, which is hard to try and grasp.

Does anyone do anything that seems to have something that wants in when you do it? any animal forms?

I had a small revelation while reading about my double/energy body and how it can be in different shapes... all of a sudden I got the notion to invoke the bear and have that shape till I start feeling more myself...... if people sense bear they leave you alone..... and bears seem pretty kick back.....

Just some recent ruminations.

Blackfoot-Bear-Shaman-522x600.jpg

oooo and look, I even put a bear like human as my avatr....... see how this vebe started a bit back?

I know what your saying. Yesterday Iw as doing the lung sound and all of a sudden instead of thining about a white tiger I BECAME the white tiger in the sense that I could sense the animal's macro/microcosm including bones, heart, organs, glands, and how that relates to my own. Animals vs. humans is something that Chia talks about in the book Secrets of the Tao teh Ching which is very enlightening. Too much obsession with animals is disrespectful to the great mind's god gave man, but on the other hand, we best respect animals.

Chia also says that animals take in the universal chi through their tales while humans take in both heaven and earth chi. :lol:

I know what your saying. Yesterday Iw as doing the lung sound and all of a sudden instead of thining about a white tiger I BECAME the white tiger in the sense that I could sense the animal's macro/microcosm including bones, heart, organs, glands, and how that relates to my own. Animals vs. humans is something that Chia talks about in the book Secrets of the Tao teh Ching which is very enlightening. Too much obsession with animals is disrespectful to the great mind's god gave man, but on the other hand, we best respect animals.

Chia also says that animals take in the universal chi through their tales while humans take in both heaven and earth chi. :lol:

8396[/snapback]

Oh yeah!!!!

the elements have corresponding animals:) thanks for the reminder!!!!

man ....so simple yet intricate!

about the tails..... what is it called in qigong when you work on this and do you learn to wag/ wiggle your tale?

I dont know what exactly you would call this in qigong. I know one time I learned a yoga type qigong move wher you move your tail. Moving your tail is a VERY important part of qigong!

Oh yeah!!!!

about the tails..... what is it called in qigong when you work on this and do you learn to wag/ wiggle your tale?

8410[/snapback]

I dont know what exactly you would call this in qigong. I know one time I learned a yoga type qigong move wheer you move your tail based on a dog moving its tail. Moving your tail is a VERY important part of qigong! Something done in warrior wellness very nicely.

Oh yeah!!!!

8410[/snapback]

Sign in to follow this