Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Hakuin

The Zen Master Hakuin traveled extensively to learn from other masters. When he was 32 years old, he returned to the Shoin-ji, the temple in his home town of Hara, in present day Shizuoka Prefecture. Here, he devoted himself to teaching a growing number of disciples. Hakuin was praised by his neighbors as a teacher living an exemplary life.

A beautiful japanese girl who's parents owned a food store lived near him. One day without warning, her parents discovered that she was pregnant.

This made her parents angry. The girl would not confess who the man was, but after much harassment, she named Hakuin as the father.

In great anger the parents went to the Zen Master and scolded him in front of all his students. All Hakuin would say was "Is that so?".

After the baby was born, it was entrusted to Hakuin's care. By this time he had lost his reputation. His disciples have left him. However Hakuin was not disturbed and enjoyed taking care of the little boy. He obtained milk and other essential the boy needed from his neighbors.

A year later, the girl-mother couldn't stand it any longer. She confessed the truth to her parents-that the real father of the boy was not Hakuin but a young man working in the local fishmarket.

The father and mother of that girl went to hakuin at once. They asked his forgiveness and apologized profusely to get the boy back.

Although Hakuin loved the child as his own, he was willing. in giving up the boy all he said was "Is that so?"

my goal is to become as great as this monk

IN JAPPANNESE. "IS IT SO" IS *SOO DESU KA?*

IN MY COUNTRY, THAT'S TRANSLATED AS, *NO SHIIEETT!!!"

A FEW MORR NIPPONGO CONVERSATIONALS:

YOU ARE A FAG = ANTAWA OKAMA DESU

YOU ARE A STUPID ANIMAL = ANTAWA BAKKAYARO DESU

I DONT GIVE A SHIT! =ORE NO SHITTA KOTO JA NAI!

SO MUCH FOR JAP101

BYE NOW,

RJ

Sign in to follow this