matt007

Huge Painful Hemorrhoid

Updated list:

cayanne pepper drink, witch hazel, aloe, increase circulation, avoid inflammatory food, eat anti-inflamtory food, detox, juice detox, high fiber, psylium husk, ice cube, sitz bath, squat doing your business, dont sit too long, massage around it and push back in, inversions (including just putting feet up on wall), child's pose, qigong, marijuana is anti-inflammatory, ashwini mudra, no hot water :)

• Like 1

I'd like to revive this old thread to learn updated home treatments. One of the things this pandemic has worn on is my health. In particular it has exacerbated my ongoing issue of hemorrhoids. Any ideas or suggestions welcome! My usual remedies are not working, I think due to the increased sedentary lifestyle. I'll go to a doctor soon, but would love to resolve this situation before that happens. I plan to go to the regular western doctor and to get some acupuncture and maybe herbs if that is indicated. 

Any ideas, tips, suggestions are more than welcome. Especially if it is something that has worked for you personally. 

Gracias! 

The external one improved a little when I quit riding motorcycles. 

But what really cured them all for good was quitting toilet paper and installing a bidet shower (handheld butt sprinkler). 

Also got one of those little platforms for lifting your legs a bit when you go. It helps to circumvent the need to push hard. We are designed to squat for that after all. 

If you find yourself having to push due to some irregularity, TCM is much better in my experience than western medicine. I am not sure if that would still be the case if there were other manifested structural issues like polyps, though. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Uncle Fester said:

Also got one of those little platforms for lifting your legs a bit when you go. It helps to circumvent the need to push hard. We are designed to squat for that after all. 

I've been doing this for years, it's a must for me to even consider going. I'm finding now that I need to literally be squatting though. I need to find a higher stool I think. I wish I had one of those squatting toilets and a bidet. I can totally see how toilet paper would be adding to this.