Sign in to follow this  
genmaicha

Book- Men Who Stare at Goats

In the going through wall-meditation thread a Tbum mentioned the book "Men who stare at goats".

It's apparently about the US military's study and application of paranormal abilities. It seems to be well written.

I was surprised that a search here hardly got any results on the book.

Has anyone read it and can comment on it?

I read it and the guy who wrote it seems to be poking fun at the Army's psychic program and the military in general. I wasn't in the psychic program but I was at Ft Braggs JFK Special Warfare Center when it was going on and from what I heard (heresay), it was scaring the hell out of a lot of people because it was working so well.

As a side note.... the Chinese appearently bought all the old Soviet psychic research.

It's being made into a movie with an impressive cast:

The Men Who Stare at Goats

Should be interesting and/or funny!

I enjoyed the book too. The author is pretty skeptical (although not entirely), and has

a good, cynical sense of humor. He also has an earlier book Them: Adventures with Extremists

that looked at conspiracy theorists like Alex Jones and Art Bell, in a similar vein.

Edited by Dainin

Thanks for the feedback.

I just ordered the two books.

Apparently his documentaries are not that good as he doesn't seem to come across so well on screen compared to his writing.

Fearing to fall behind the Soviets in the Cold War the US army seems to have looked into a number of unconventional areas. Remote Viewing comes to mind.

I saw a programme on TV on which McMoneagle (who was part of the US army Stargate project) demonstrated his skills. It was astonishing. He was sitting at the lawn of his house in Vermont. The programme people (from University of Edinburgh- Parapsychology Dept., so not fake, I'm sure) asked him to tell them about a person who was in Paris at that moment.

McMoneagle then drew a bridge and some houses with distinct features. Then they revealed that the person was in fact on the bridge. The features that he drew were nearly identical with the ones of the building near the bridge.

McMoneagle then drew a bridge and some houses with distinct features. Then they revealed that the person was in fact on the bridge. The features that he drew were nearly identical with the ones of the building near the bridge.

Check out McMoneagle's books on Amazon.com He has several books on remote viewing, how to learn it, etc.

Sign in to follow this