sheng zhen

Myofascial Tensegrity and Zhan Zhuang

sheng zhen.

Does the qigonginstitutet.se stuff come from Prof. Wang, and if so, through David Verdesi? Do you know if the Zhineng Gong stuff is an adaptation of Prof. Wang's stuff, or is it a completely different lineage? In what way is the Zhineng Gong stuff simplified, and OTOH what is it about, say, Verdisi's stuff that makes it so much more powerful?

Shenchi,

Hello creation.

Qigonginstitute.se has been long time students of both Wang and Verdesi. I dont know much about its history or origin so I cant answer that.

The thing that makes Verdesis and Wangs XSZ more powerful is the movements. They are slightly different than Zhineng Gong and a lot more challenging. Small changes to details and performance makes the whole thing a lot more challenging and transformative. The Zhineng Gong you get for free is a very simplified version.

What you write is very interesting Shenchi! (refering also to your other post here)

I would love to learn more about your Dao Yin. Do you have any written information or videos or anything?

Sheng Zhen,

I am glad that you like my posts and what I had to say about my Tao Yin. I unfortunately do not have a video, book, or any other real info on the Tao Yin, at least not yet. I am still hammering out the details, as far as exploring all the poses and how you could innitiate a myo-fascial stretch within that pose, but I would love to eventually do a video or book. For now I am just working it out by teaching it and also by experimenting with my concepts within pre-existing Tao Yin sets. I originally learned my Tao Yin from a woman named Coach Ji Yu Er. She was a Chinese Olympic Tai Chi and Tao Yin coach, meaning she taught them to the olympiads as part of their overall training. I added the myo-fascial stuff after years of giving and recieving myo-fascial work and through my own self massage routine. While doing my self massage I realized it worked best when I did my self massage while in Tao Yin poses. From there I constructed a mini set that mainly worked the legs. I am now finding ways to work the back, ribs and arms. Once I have a complete system, meaning I can open all the cutaneous regions of the body that are associated with the 8 extraordinary vessels I will try to document it. This way you can open the vessel path ways as well as opening the fascia associated with that region of the body. Anyway I will be working on it as I go. Hopefully one day I will have the chance to put it all down on paper or in a video. By then I should have all kinks worked out.

Anyway thanks for your interest. Once I have it all hammered out I will post what I can. Until then.

Peace & Tao

Shenchi

Once I have a complete system, meaning I can open all the cutaneous regions of the body that are associated with the 8 extraordinary vessels I will try to document it. This way you can open the vessel path ways as well as opening the fascia associated with that region of the body.

Im looking forward to seeing your results!

It seems fasica is very important in qi flow. Some scientists say the meridians run through fascia. And my experience is that when I got myofascial massage the qi flow in my whole body got a lot better. Enhancing both my tao yin and zhan zhuang.

Picture any tensegrity model- the photo you attached is perfect.

The legs and spine don't touch- they're like three of the bars in the model you posted.

The muscles along the bottom of the pelvis are the cables that attach those three bars.

So the strength of the pc is essentially whats transferring the support of the legs to the base of the spine.

Everything above that depends on it.

Brian

Hello longrythm.

Do you want to explain a little more about this? Why is the PC muscle so important?

So the strength of the pc is essentially whats transferring the support of the legs to the base of the spine.

aha! Thanks! :)

A very good overview of biotensegrity. This little youtube video is PACKED with interesting concepts!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Two things:

should a PC mucle be strengthened?

by the way, looked up PC muscle, wasn't sure what it was, see some unusual gadgets on the google images site, ;) which may not be necessary, but it can still be worth mentioning anyhow.

http://images.google.nl/images?hl=nl&q...le&resnum=4

has anyone heard about the atlas bone (and its correction back to the right position)?

link here: http://www.consciousmedianetwork.com/members/mhane.htm

Edited by froggie

Two things:

should a PC mucle be strengthened?

by the way, looked up PC muscle, wasn't sure what it was, see some unusual gadgets on the google images site, ;) which may not be necessary, but it can still be worth mentioning anyhow.

http://images.google.nl/images?hl=nl&q...le&resnum=4

has anyone heard about the atlas bone (and its correction back to the right position)?

link here: http://www.consciousmedianetwork.com/members/mhane.htm

I read a few weeks ago that fascia-wise the PC muscle is connected directly to the Rectus Abdominis(from the book "Body3" by Thomas Mayers). So a weak PC muscle will also give a sloppy stomach. You can see this in women who has given birth. Or in bodybuilders who work out their rectus abdominis till they scream and still don't get a flat pack. A strong PC muscle is good for so many more things. I dont have the time to list them all.

I have heard of the Atlasprofilax. It was discussed here on taobums a while ago. I personally have experienced that the atlas corrects itself when other things is corrected. So I dont think the atlasprofilax is a cure-all-one-and-only method. I also have a friend who had good experience with the atlasprofilax. But now, after two years, his atlas is like it was before.

I read a few weeks ago that fascia-wise the PC muscle is connected directly to the Rectus Abdominis(from the book "Body3" by Thomas Mayers). So a weak PC muscle will also give a sloppy stomach. You can see this in women who has given birth. Or in bodybuilders who work out their rectus abdominis till they scream and still don't get a flat pack. A strong PC muscle is good for so many more things. I dont have the time to list them all.

I have heard of the Atlasprofilax. It was discussed here on taobums a while ago. I personally have experienced that the atlas corrects itself when other things is corrected. So I dont think the atlasprofilax is a cure-all-one-and-only method. I also have a friend who had good experience with the atlasprofilax. But now, after two years, his atlas is like it was before.

So, who else here besides Scotty has had their C1 Atlas vertebra realigned?

And what were your impressions and results?

I'm not sure if he'll see it in this section, so I'll speak for him. "Ralis" had it done, and reported that his breathing improved. I'd be interested to see what he has to say now.

I like what sheng zhen said...correct other things and the atlas automatically is corrected.