Sign in to follow this  
DalTheJigsaw123

Bruce Lee?

Bruce Lee?

I'm on his facebook fan club. I grew up idolizing him in a way. Loooove him. I don't idolize him in a silly boyish way anymore, but I appreciate his contribution to this planet.

For sure. I bow!

In a heated situation... I channel him... for sure. But, I grew up taking lots of martial arts.

I'm on his facebook fan club. I grew up idolizing him in a way. Loooove him. I don't idolize him in a silly boyish way anymore, but I appreciate his contribution to this planet.

For sure. I bow!

In a heated situation... I channel him... for sure. But, I grew up taking lots of martial arts.

Yea, he is amazing. I enjoy his philosophies. He had an amazing mind. Just listening to him, makes you feel like you are next to him and he is speaking to you.

Way ahead of his time.

I grew up loving his films too. His films but more so the actual behind the scenes footage and training films.

I love his book as well.

Way ahead of his time.

I grew up loving his films too. His films but more so the actual behind the scenes footage and training films.

I love his book as well.

Yes, his books are amazing. His films put you in a zone!:) You want to start learning martial arts. :)

How so?

Well, I do agree to a degree. Though, I do not know exactly how deep he was internally. He was deeper than average, but I think amateur when compared to beings like Wang Liping.

Well that fully depends upon capacity originating from past lives. But yes, I agree that he was not a Taoist master per say, but higher than average of course.

sorry but i don't belive there is such thing as reincarnation

Hey... don't say sorry to me. Say sorry to your own lack of experiential ..... so your just part of the masses.

For me, it's not a belief.

WRONG WRONG i say sorry to who ever i want! That is why i have free will, so don't try to be like zatan, there he just want people to do what he want, i have free will!

Once again i DON'T WANT TO SAY sorry to what you call lack or experiential!

I fit is not a belief the PROVE IT!! :P

and you are a part of the masses that want that people don't have free will and a part of the masses that are not a part of the Christian Church :P

take that uhhh

stmichael.jpg

He's also been proven correct about the need to cross train and adapt.Even Gracie jujitsu stylists aren't winning ufc fights anymore but the peole who cross train are.He was a master at creating his own way-way beyond wing chun.In the American spirit, he created an american hybrid martial art.

If I remember correctly...

Even after Bruce Lee released his "innovative theory" of "doing what works for you", he occasionally visited his senior training brothers who had continued in "traditional" Wing Chun, and his brothers beat him in friendly competition. (Not to mention they outlived him too.)

Make of that what you will.

Even after Bruce Lee released his "innovative theory" of "doing what works for you", he occasionally visited his senior training brothers who had continued in "traditional" Wing Chun, and his brothers beat him in friendly competition. (Not to mention they outlived him too.)

True, but I think that was only in sticky-hand DRILLS, not actual full-on sparring.

We all know there's a difference there.

I think WC is great for understanding angles and developing sensitivity, but assumes you already know how to move around and close the gap. If not, then you are only getting focus on one piece of the puzzle.

Who are these senior training brothers? Yip man himself asked Bruce do you still consider me your teacher to which bruce replied do you still consider me a student? They both laughed! Bruce wrote a letter to William Cheung stating that he had lost faith in traditional chineese systems.''My system is scientific street fighting reality based,martial arts must be functional''A lot of paper tigers came out of the woodwork when bruce died claiming ''I beat Bruce or I taught Bruce Lee'' People he'd never met or barely knew.Some traditionalists despised him because he made fun of their conditioning,saying their chi grows as does thier belly! and these big belly masters never spar! tradition protects them!''According to Kareem Abdul Jabbar he saw a Hong kong demo and the master told bruce you know nothing try and push me over,my chi will prevent it.Bruce walked over and punched the guy in the face saying I don't push, I punch!''

Regarding longevity...I tend to agree with Dr. Martin Luther King when he said ''longevity has its place but quality over quantity should be prized above all'' Do you want a tombstone saying here lays a man who never lived or one that reads here lays a man who embraced life? In his short 32 years he accomplished more than his senior brothers or most of them.Maybe combined.He's known on every continent,respected by every race of man,and he's been dead for almost 40 years! Like Santiago said ''pretty close to being immortal'' So did his seniors truly outlive him? Make of that what you will!

Who were the seniors in question? I can't remember, maybe Wong Shun Leung. I spoke to one of Bruce's classmates privately, who said Bruce's fast hands (not his training theories) were his greatest advantage.

If you think Bruce Lee led a high-quality life, check his goals, or ask those who were close to him. Just don't ask anyone who has a financial interest in the answer.

When I was a kid I thought he was cool.

Now after having more training and having studied many of his written works and those of many other martial artists: I am no longer impressed by his skill or knowledge but am still impressed by his love of the art.

Mastery has nothing to do with how long you train with a teacher. A teacher could teach someone all they need to master in less than 5 years, still it would take mastering those teachings to become a master of the teachings. I was told by my Wing Chun Sifu that if I was dedicated it would take about 6 years to get the art down including 3 hand and 2 weapon forms and several other aspects.

I am somewhat impressed by WC, I have met 5 local teachers of the art and one or two of them know it as an internal art, while many are very external in their use of it.

Who were the seniors in question? I can't remember, maybe Wong Shun Leung. I spoke to one of Bruce's classmates privately, who said Bruce's fast hands (not his training theories) were his greatest advantage.

If you think Bruce Lee led a high-quality life, check his goals, or ask those who were close to him. Just don't ask anyone who has a financial interest in the answer.

Interesting I'd heard his fast feet and hands were[b.K.Francis respected him] his greatest attribute.Then again, I'd heard his enquiring mind and dynamic body were his greatest attributes .I have talked to people without a finacial investment in the answer.I've talked with people with a investment in historical truth, without an axe to grind and they tend to give a complete picture of his humanity.Every human being has dirt! Curent President Obama admits to using cocaine,Thomas Jefferson cheated on his wife and created a separate lineage from his slaves.Martin Luther King cheated on his wife, King David in the bible,MichealJordan,Gandi until he mastered himself cursed his wife.Shall I continue?None of that changes their accomplishments. Actually I have a letter from bruce when he was training Roman Pollanski stating that Roman's group partying style[cocaine,drinking] wasn't to his liking.Also before he died he was checked out at UCLA or some famous place and the doctor told him he had the body and insides of a 18 year old-he was 32! Doesn't sound like someone who abused his body in a negative way. Offficially he died of a cerebral endema-swelling of the brain,he took a aspirin and had an allergic reaction.No harm no foul,these things happen.He stated he wasn't sure he wanted to live to be an old man anyway.

I think his greatest accomplishment was in creating jeet kune do! Of course I'm biased but who isn't, right? Just to be fair to the other arts Bruce said there is a point where wing chun will conter western boxing,where boxing will counter karate,where wrestling will counter wing chun,it all depends on time and circumstance.Arts are not superior ultimately people are[his words].''You are my technique'' he said of his opponents.Fascinating insight for those with eyes to see and ears to hear.

Sign in to follow this