Spirit Ape

Burning Palm System

Wow!! That was a long post, thankyou for the understanding where im coming from Im really interested in seeing how this Burning Palm System of mine holds up in the future I know it has the goods, 18 seated and standing meditations, healing & fighting, conditioning the hands and body, developing a special Ging (force) related to this art.

Totally a complete internal system using both Hard and Soft methods to attain the Burning Palm Skills!

Thanks

Ape

Wow!! That was a long post, thankyou for the understanding where im coming from Im really interested in seeing how this Burning Palm System of mine holds up in the future I know it has the goods, 18 seated and standing meditations, healing & fighting, conditioning the hands and body, developing a special Ging (force) related to this art.

Totally a complete internal system using both Hard and Soft methods to attain the Burning Palm Skills!

Thanks

Ape

It's not complete until you learn how to hunt down and spank all the disrespectfull students until 4 AM !!!

Personally after reading the SST's previous post I think I changed my mind about becomming a ninja and instead will switch to basket weaving asap!

Interal arts of any kind can be alot of fun, I'll be in the Port Hueneme area of Cali in August/Sept, I'll see if I can manage the drive to train and back.

Hi Ape, I feel the same way as yourself about abusing my abilities. For those of us truly using internal metaphysical energy we can't play or use this because it is *FUN*! That is what some of the other physical martial artist don't understand while (Ape :) & his students understand, SSTT :) Instructors & students understand) So what ends up happening is that physical martial artists harass us and call us fakes until they come to our classes. Ape is in Australia while I'm on the opposite side of the world in California, but it doesn't make any difference whether you visit Ape or myself because when these techniques are used indiscriminately you don't have to believe.. You will get *HURT*.

portcraig and growant both came to visit and are SSTT members through this Taobums forum. growant kept asking to get hit with 'internal metaphysical energy'; however, he was never hit with much strength. During the next 2 weeks his arms became paralyzed with pain while barely able to sleep. I went to Chinatown after 2 weeks to get the herbs to heal him and within a week the pain was gone. For this reason I have stopped demonstrating on visitors and new students. So let's leave SSTT out as to why I stop demonstrating on people in California.

Let's say you visit Ape in Australia and you keep pushing him to demonstrate on you the real "Martial Arts" power of the Burning Palm System :o . You'll get burn marks on arms, then your arms will start to paralyze. (you don't want to be hit on the body) It will be painful to impossible to raise your arms if Ape really decides to let the Burning Palm to sink in.. the pain persist and may last for weeks. My same experience as growant went through a painful experience for 2 weeks taking other metaphysical hits, it's not very kind :( especially if you are trying to retain students.

The healing effects are great! When 2 Kunlun certified instructors had visited us, SSTT had already changed policy in where only our healing energy is shown. As a result, we are in the process of planning a joint Kunlun-SSTT seminar the 2nd week of July in San Francisco.

In other words when you visit Ape, be nice! as you've already read all the SSTT warnings labels, which offended one person; however, rules probably apply when you visit Ape in Australia -Be Respectful! I already know what the metaphysical Burning Palm feels like so I don't need to get hit with the Burning Palm in Australia, Los Angeles or anywhere else where someone knows what they are doing... already been there, done that.

Do you really want to know the answer to that question? I'll give you a 'real life' example of what happens if someone tries to teach SSTT without permission. I had an SSTT student, who was unauthorized to teach the raw form of SSTT. He put it own his website to get students while teaching without first getting permission, trying to get permission after he had a group of students... By then it was too late, my sifu found out about this student trying to teach without prior permission to teach. My student was NOT authorized to teach SSTT and tried mixing it with other styles. My sifu came out to visit one of the classes then started to beat this student(instructor) without stopping for EVERYONE to see --in front of all the other students for teaching without permission and authorization. When this student's "friend" stood up, my sifu saw this as an insult and asked this other person if he wanted a part of the action. Even though my sifu is 6'2" and weigh about 140lbs, this other "friend" of the student towered over my sifu. Even with all this "friend's" martial arts abilities, this "friend" just left the dojo ASAP.

"Easy Lesson" --If the sifu doesn't want you to teach the art, you don't teach the art without permission! Even today this student is so afraid and intimidated by my sifu, this student will run before allowing himself to be in the same room. Part of our present agreement is that this student *NEVER* wants to be in the same room or vicinity and ended up leaving the state.. I know it sounds crazy? but this is what happens when a person is unauthorized to teach a certain style and technique. This is "Old School" martial arts! You take a few years of practice then try and start up your own SSTT school professing to be an *EXPERT*, my sifu will hunt you down if you are not authorized to teach the style! No MMA/UFC/BJJ/boxing champions can/will stop my sifu because he will terrorize and beat anyone and everyone with no mercy, no rules, no gloves or pads if they are unauthorized to teach *HIS* style. So he take this very personally!

My sifu then made the other students stay up until 3a-4a in the morning shouting and yelling at them in a local restaurant regarding respect and courtesy pertaining to "Traditional Martial Arts". This story is known in SSTT as some of the existing students and instructors were present when this happened.

To make a long story short, I can teach SSTT as a 'Sifu'; however, none of the other SSTT Instructors are allowed nor authorized to teach SSTT independently without my permission because they will be hunted down, found and beaten. I know it sound idiotic in the 21st Century, but these old masters are still alive and they are very strict about how, who, what, where, when *THEIR* art is transmitted.

So *IF* Spirit Ape says, "Never before taught, seen, allowed before, etc, etc." --There is a reason I can personally vouch for that exist with SSTT; however, I'm sure many on TaoBums cannot relate to this mentality. There may be some unethical people will say *ANYTHING* to get quick money, but the SSTT Instructors are already very aware what happens when someone teaches SSTT without being specifically authorized -some of SSTT instructors and students have seen this before and it will happen again if anyone goes "rogue" at SSTT.

One of the main reasons I'm backing Spirit Ape is because I know what I have been through to teach SSTT. Spirit Ape has been humble in how he presents his teachings, he may question someone if they seem to be completely fraudulent. He is prepared to take some of the insults for what he has been given permission to teach. I have personally had to endure a lot of personal insults, ridicules, threats, fights where even my students stayed locked in the safety of the car when I went to face off with 5 other men alone who were threatening my students. I had even told my students to get out of the car as the fight would only be a few seconds, but my students were so afraid that they didn't come out until the fight was over(in a few seconds). Then they started shaking hands with the 5 other men when the fight was over. How is that for loyalty? So it's difficult to even find loyal, trustworthy students just as it is difficult to find a loyal, trustworth instructor.

The reason why I am making this very public because there will be some of you living in the U.S. who are potential SSTT students, you will meet some of the students who stayed locked up in the safety of a car rather then see or back their sifu when he was outnumbered. You will eventually meet my sifu who chases down rogue students and went ballistic on some of the present SSTT students and instructors who hid in the safety of a locked car. You'll understand the true meaning of 'Traditional Respect' because when someone is truly sincere, he/she will not teach an art/style/technique until given permission no matter how much or how little the knowledge. It is a matter of honor and integrity that TRADITIONAL martial instructors and students of any style, not only SSTT -Don't share the art until given permission.

SSTT welcomes anyone to join respectfully because.. Yes, everything above can be verified. Please do not punish or mock the SSTT students or instructors when you see them in person because what is written is not an SSTT secret rather our 'Code of Conduct' is that we don't insult or humiliate our fellow SSTT members or other martial artists of different styles. We learn from our mistakes, so what I mentioned above is a learning tool for SSTT students and future students who will never forget these unfortunate circumstances.

If Spirit Ape has conditions and a Code of Conduct, context on how, when, where, what he is allowed to teach, he can share those conditions. -That's up to him.

I'm backing Spirit Ape's and any other Sifu/Sensei/Instructor of any martial arts styles who has had to get permission to teach their art because I went through a process of getting special permission to teach and it is rude to mock someone when the price of learning with permission to teach a particular art(myself,SSTT) is more painful than any insults, threats or fights; I have experienced in person or in discussion. You are more than welcome to see how different 'Old School' tradition is compared to the average "franchised" martial arts so common today. The main difference is that the Internet makes it very easy to communicate with the world, so ridiculing is easy, misunderstanding is easy. Learning, practicing, transmitting and teaching the true art from the TRADITIONAL masters is still difficult. At this time ICs(instructor candidates) are chosen and may 'DOR/drop on request' to still study SSTT in a user-friendly mode without ever feeling compelled to be an instructor. We will make SSTT easy and accessible so anyone can learn SSTT in a very user-friendly environment. At SSTT no one is forced to be an instructor, our instructor candidates are chosen and can DOR at any time. It's not always pleasant being an SSTT-IC. Even if someone becomes an SSTT Instructor, they cannot teach independantly without permission. It's not fun being an IC, Instructor or Sifu, the pay is terrible so if someone get excited about teaching SSTT it's not for the money. There are some SSTT Instructor(s) who have admitted that being an active SSTT Instructor or Instructor Candidate is just too difficult. They will only teach and promote SSTT when we become profitable and being an SSTT-rogue(unauthorized) instructor isn't worth facing my sifu. IMHO-There are many times being a sifu/sensei/instructor in any style of martial arts, meditation including SSTT *sucks* --a person has to be durable to go the distance and most aren't :blink:

http://www.sstt-institute.org/

What happens when your Sifu doesnt get the first punch?

I guess a better way to put it would be like this.

Let's say that your Sifu gets jumped in an alley, theater, etc. The attacker is a fairly good sized guy with a heavy hand, say like the KO power of a young Tyson, what happens when the attacker's fist connects with your Sifu's jaw or temple? Or if instead of a fist it's a pipe, knife, brick, etc? Is there any defensive power in the system? I'm not talking about reaction time but actual defensive power, chi, etc?

Hahaha, No bro i understood what would happen if posting my clip up, half the people here already knew I was WYG.

Im still myself Changed new name after I was banned to not get too hot headed over stuff, still I love a good debate, im not a real bad guy just call a spade a spade no sugar coating thats all.

Thanks for posting... ;)

Ape ak WYG LOL

Thank you for posting this. Sometimes we need to be reminded of these simple etiquettes.

Hey Spirit Ape. Don't worry about what the minority detractors might say. Besides, you would be surprised at how encouraging, tolerant (and forgiving) the majority of TaoBums really is. The only person that really seemed to stand out was that WYG guy, but he seems to have left, already. ;) He was the type of guy who would victimise a person constantly, using any thread to have a snipe at someone...even randomly managing to implicate his victim in a thread about anal sex!!! Either he has left, or (I am hoping) that he has seen the light and changed his ways.

I like how your name is Aspirin, and you came in and sorta "cooled" the headache. :D

Thanks for the burning palm stuff Ape - I love to learn about martial arts. If you were in California I''d swing by anytime.

Hi all,

Just a question for anyone interested in this type of Burning Palm im offering, would you prefer a Dvd out 1st before book the reason im asking is that the book is gonna take more time then I expected?

So DVD before the book comes out?

regards

Ape

Whatever you think would contain the best info to be able to start practicing the beginning level.

Yeah so true scotty, I think the DVD i just wanted to make complete package and make people excited more about this art. Maybe once the book is done ill make it as a package,thnks for your honest mate!

Ape

Here's my two cents--If the DVD will be complete enough that one can begin to learn and train the material, then PLEASE!! RELEASE it FIRST!! Sooner the better!

If you do this, you could consider keeping track of everyone you sell it to, and *maybe* give them a discount, or first chance at buying the book, like if it will be a limited run.

Also, as for the book, you can always just make it like a um..spiral bound notebook type thing--the kind with the plastic spine that binds it-that might be cheaper than having an actual book made. Or you could just print the pages, 3 hole punch them, and put them in a file folder.

I personally don't care about the appearance of the stuff, as much as the information in it-others may feel that way too..?

I offer these suggestions to possibly save you money, and make it faster for you to get the material out to us!!

A lot of times, at least here in America, you can get book binding and related stuff for a great price by going to a local College or University that has a printing/newspaper type school/program, and having them do it.

Lastly, I for one do want to get both a DVD and a book, no matter which comes first, or when the other part is done. But, I think I share everyone else's enthusiasm, and want to check it all out, so whatever would be easiest for you!!

Salivating in patience--

Nate-

Edited by everseeking

Thanks Nate,

I'll be doing DVD's first and later have a the book, the DVD would be much easier to learn it from as its in real time so to speak.

The book has every movement and transition but there is alot of information for me to write and add still making a DVD would be best.

Thanks bro

Ape

Thank you for posting this. Sometimes we need to be reminded of these simple etiquettes.

Hey Spirit Ape. Don't worry about what the minority detractors might say. Besides, you would be surprised at how encouraging, tolerant (and forgiving) the majority of TaoBums really is. The only person that really seemed to stand out was that WYG guy, but he seems to have left, already. ;) He was the type of guy B)

Aspirin, Thank you for the quotes and a calm disposition. Having only recently active posting to this forum.. I've noticed that people are far more understanding, tolerant.. and comprehend the deeper meanings of Tao and martial arts.

35+ years ago, "Burning Palm" or any internal arts is not something the civilized world understood?

Yes, we all have to be more tolerant and forgiving of others!

Rumors were "OH NO... WYG aka Spirit Ape" :o However; I didn't let the prejudice of others affect my judgement on someone that I didn't know. Spirit Ape has been completely civil towards me, we exchanged PMs, he has access to SSTT Forum for Members & Friends as we'll be discussing other aspects of martial arts that we share in common. If anything we have learned tolerance and forgiveness so others may grow in the path of their Dao/Tao/Way. Some may never change or don't want to change; however, we learn from the mistakes of others because there is not enough time in our life to make all "mistakes" and our own mistakes collectively in our lifetime B)

There were some questions from Mokona, h.uriahr on this thread. I will answer it in the thread below so as not to hijack this thread..

http://www.thetaobums.com/Spirit-Fighting-...ses-t10540.html

*PEACE*

http://www.sstt-institute.org/

I do speak my mind which isnt always good for forums, ive actually been very good considering!!! :lol:

Anyway I wasnt expecting people to want it I thought I would put it up, as many of you wanted something to see from me aka Ape and aka WYG. I have some more clips but the sizes are so big youtube cannot accept it.

Let you all know when its close to putting out the DVD!

Ape

"I'll be doing DVD's first and later have a the book, the DVD would be much easier to learn it from as its in real time so to speak."

Here's another question--

Assuming that there are liniments to use with some form of striking training (a bag, maybe?) will the DVD have a list of ingredients and measurements for the herbs?

I read on the youtube videos that there will be herbs used somehow.

Do you use a specific jow/Iron Palm liniment with this training?

Just curious. Feel free to PM me if you want. (!)

Thanks again-

Nate-

Yes, the Dit Dar Jow will be avaliable from me if you like to purchase it there will be no herbal formula given out possibly in the future if people really want to learn the whole system and possibly teach it under the Burning Palm Systems name I dont give out herbal formulas but I make all my own Dit Dar Medicines.

There is many Jows available online to get I have many for all my arts, I also learnt Dit Dar of my Kung Fu uncle in Hongkong when I was there many times. Although I never went to Medical school this is my systems herbal knowledge and application for some minor injuries which powders, oils, herbs, soups, tonics to take.

regards

Ape

Brother Ape,

Great to hear that you are releasing some incredible material!

I look forward to seeing it.

Let me know if you need any help with distributing herbs here in the US.

Hi Mate,

Thanks Dale, I sent you a PM on facebook! :) I think what you have with your TCM clinic is incrediable and one day im coming over to see you to hang out, get herbs, yum cha and the whole nine. You have always been a good friend to me, love your clips and your breaking skill is pretty much up there as the best.

Thanks for your help, honestly!!!

Your Bro

Gaz

you could make a hanging bag made of Sand wrapped in Cotton which resembles something similar to the bodies muscular system. Cause you will be learning to strike different types of bags and what not which brings out your internal power and to learn different depths of pentetration as well get used to striking different surfaces of the body. This will also make you understand things at a healing hand level especially I used to use it for Massage as I progressed through the different levels etc. If that makes sense?

As for the meditations and qi kung I cant explain it you will have to wait for the dvd sorry mate!!! :)

Ape

Sorry to bring this page back people but ive been having major email problems and Ive had quite people email me but mine never got sent back for some reason but ive some how fixed the problem.

Just on a heads up, im starting production on the Burning Palm DVD for fighting and conditioning methods and internal springy force nei gung / meditations.

Thanks to those that are still interested and sorry for the delay!

Kind regards

Garry Ape

I'm really looking forward to learning about this system and I'm sure I'll buy the DVDs and the book. :D

I have nothing but high regard for you Spirit Ape and I'm sure you'll do a great job. I respect your accomplishments in qigong and traditional wushu. I know who you are and it's all good. People like to talk smack on discussion boards - I hope you don't take any of it (here or anywhere else) to heart. Your skill in chinese martial arts is real and your skill in qigong is real from what I've seen and read.

I would prefer a Burning Palm book first but that's because I would like to know about the overview of the Burning Palm system as far as qigong cultivation and martial aspects. It probably makes sense though to just put stuff out there in the near term so people can start training.

I know Doo Wai has a few of these systems and it's good that they are finally going to get out to the public in the correct way - through legitimate students.

Sabin,

Thanks for the kind words brother, I dont take these people on the forums seriously, I used to about 10 years ago but Im over the Ego crap from people. I also see these people acting the same way and feeling they can bully others of the forum which is sad indeed. How ever I do shoot from the hip and call a spade a spade that also doesnt go down well so forums and people posting is a touch way to get your message out there and of course getting attacked yourself.

Nice to meet you and I added you to my facebook, Hope to be chatting with you soon mate!

Garry :)