longrhythm

Something really cool just clicked

So my orbit has been flying lately, enough that I might need to change my handle. I've been running it at any idle moment, as well as letting it run itself as punctuation during fusion and healing practices. Since I tend to close my day with this, I also let it run a while in bed while lying on my back, then turn to my side and limit it to the little orbit when I want to fall asleep.

Tonight I was at the part where I'm on my back, and my perspective as I watched the orbit run was fixed at my pineal. So I was sitting between my ears watching a point of energy head down yin, away from me, then up yang, back to me. And I just sat there watching it go away and back over and over. And then I realized that the part of me that was sitting between my ears watching was just stagnant energy, that might as well be moving along too. So I started to try and chip away at it, bringing a little more of my observer along with the observed every time, and I sort of felt something shift, but I can tell this will be a challenge. I tried to situate my observer at each point along the orbit for several rotations, the poles are far easier, but it still has an effect at each one. Save for hui yin though I pretty much feel always somewhere in my head watching it.

Anyway it was years of meditating on ego and observer that eventually brought me to taoist alchemy, and it seems like tonight those two ways of approaching have merged together. I'm excited to see what happens as I continue to chip at the fixed perspectives I take when moving energy. Anyone know where I can get one of those practice journals?

P.S.- I only tonight linked the midpoint between the ears and the pineal, and seeing how hearing is linked to the kidneys, I wanted to note a correlation between the lower dantian, between the kidneys, and the pineal gland, between the ears. Probably gone too heady now, overanalyzing, and since the whole point is that I clear that up I'll stop here.

Later

Brian

Anyone know where I can get one of those practice journals?
pm Sean and he'll set it up for you.

:)

Really interesting observations, Brian, thanks..

I was playing with something similar (kind of)...

it's started with the question 'who is it that is smiling at my organs'... well after a little while I noticed I could shift my perception so that the "I" was the organ, basking in the inner smile and smiling back...

anyway - look forward to your personal practice notes.

It is nice to see somebody writing these kinds of posts. (and without making it a story 6 pages long. . .)

'and then I realized the stagnant energy in my head could be sent along with it'... brilliant... I'm stoned, so I can totally follow...

wonderful piece of experiential insight there. Reminds me of and inspires me to deepen a photographic concept of the subject dictating the photograph. Probably couldn't explain it more poorly than that :lol: Just thought I'd give a shout out that it resonated with me on a broad level. Maybe I see both experiences as relating to giving up the false perception of separation of observer and observed, or that's what I imagine a wiser person might say. Regardless, your sharing is appreciated