kathyli

Chinese official site for Taoist Master Wang Liping's 2009 public teaching

The translator of the book into Russian was present at the Moscow seminar I attended. (It was the second version, the first translation by someone else was thought of as sloppy by people who read both Russian and Chinese and know WLP, and the second one was highly regarded by them.) She told me about how and why she'd undertaken the task. She is a Sinologist, an elderly, well-regarded translator of Chinese texts. On a trip to China a number of years ago, she chanced upon visiting a taoist monastery where the monks impressed her with their attitudes and abilities, so she asked them what system they were practicing. This, they told her, giving her WLP's biography! She said she spent a few years contemplating the book before translating it. The interesting part of the account is that a bunch of "professional" monks apparently know better than to consider this book a work of fiction. :)

With God bless, in a couple of years i'll be a Sinologist also :D

The funny part of that is that i know quite a bunch of folks that know Chinese, Japanese, Korean, but gosh, it's like it doesn't even count... You'd really have to have a connection with that culture, no matter if you know the language or not. Still i'm not sure if Cleary did translate the book, or was it translated by someone else, and he just put his name on it as a trademark (it's a frequent practice these days).

With God bless, in a couple of years i'll be a Sinologist also :D

May the Jade Emperor bless this endeavor of yours. :)

The funny part of that is that i know quite a bunch of folks that know Chinese, Japanese, Korean, but gosh, it's like it doesn't even count... You'd really have to have a connection with that culture, no matter if you know the language or not. Still i'm not sure if Cleary did translate the book, or was it translated by someone else, and he just put his name on it as a trademark (it's a frequent practice these days).

Nowadays it doesn't always help even to BE Chinese -- I've Chinese friends who don't know (nor are particularly interested in) even a fraction of what my humble memory contains or what my heart is quickened by about things taoist. The world is getting so multicultural it invariably translates into non-cultural for many, or common-denominator-cultural... or I don't know what. On a Peruvian plane, next to me was a group of Finnish people traveling with a bunch of their biological Finnish and adopted Chinese kids, and those tiny Chinese girls speaking fluent Finnish in Peru seemed both weird and amazing to me... like the future of humanity or something... but what do we know about the future?.. Only that its seeds are hybridized. :lol:

Michael Winn is going to interview Wang Liping this month. He opened a thread on his forum for anyone that has some questions to ask WLP. I put some questions there - some farfetched maybe. I found it interesting that there are fiew that come with questions. Anyone care to fill up the list?

Michael Winn is going to interview Wang Liping this month. He opened a thread on his forum for anyone that has some questions to ask WLP. I put some questions there - some farfetched maybe. I found it interesting that there are fiew that come with questions. Anyone care to fill up the list?

Any idea if this interview will be going to print?

I just went to the forum and Winn says there was a record-breaking snowstorm so the interview didn't happen but he plans to do it his next trip.

Any idea if this interview will be going to print?

Here's a question for his thread:

What is his definition & experience of enlightenment and can he really walk through walls? Seriously?

Edited by vortex

Again I see many complain about money regarding Wang Li Ping.

To me this tread is interesting because it rise some questions about real nature of real Daoist Masters.

I find also strange that 3 Masters pop up in the same time and go public,they are:

1.Li Hongzhi(Falun Gong founder);

2.Pang Ming(Zhi Neng Qi Gong founder);

3.Wang Li Ping("Longmen Pai inheritor").

Is it true that they are state project and come from the same source?

Is it true that first two got in the trouble when they decide to be indipendent and build huge followers teaching and healing for free,so state decide to make actions?

Ormus

Again I see many complain about money regarding Wang Li Ping.

To me this tread is interesting because it rise some questions about real nature of real Daoist Masters.

I find also strange that 3 Masters pop up in the same time and go public,they are:

1.Li Hongzhi(Falun Gong founder);

2.Pang Ming(Zhi Neng Qi Gong founder);

3.Wang Li Ping("Longmen Pai inheritor").

Is it true that they are state project and come from the same source?

Is it true that first two got in the trouble when they decide to be indipendent and build huge followers teaching and healing for free,so state decide to make actions?

Ormus

That, about money complains ... WLP 15 days seminar in Bolgaria in 2017 will cost 3000 €.  But now, those who organizes this event, they chose quite expensive hotel, which costs additional 1600 - 2000 €, together 5000 €! And because of training schedule, every participant have to stay at this hotel. Not the price for "average Joe" ... lol ... ;) 

Edited by Jox
  • Like 1

Immortals stay only if 5 stars hotel as you know,and they need much money for Jade Purity Heaven.

Ohhh my......

Ormus

• Like 3

It's been a year since I attended my first seminar.  What a blessing Master Wang and Sifu Richard are...!

We are truly living in an age of revelation of ancient teachings that have been guarded for centuries.  My advice, is save up and go!  Then, practice daily what you learn there. 

Deep gratitude for the opportunity to learn from this source and to have its impact on my process.

• Like 6

On 12/31/2016 at 6:12 PM, silent thunder said:

We are truly living in an age of revelation of ancient teachings that have been guarded for centuries.  My advice, is save up and go!  Then, practice daily what you learn there. 

Ok, save up and go, thats fine ... and then to "upgrade" what you learned first time, you have to go more ... once or twice per year, am I right?

4 hours ago, Jox said:

Ok, save up and go, thats fine ... and then to "upgrade" what you learned first time, you have to go more ... once or twice per year, am I right?

Save up and go is not fine, it is my advice.

Retreats are not fine... Hair may be fine... silk is fine.

My one retreat with Master Wang... was not fine, it was paradigm shifting.

Blockage dissolving. 

I continue to resonate and emanate the shifts now... a year and a half later from my one retreat.

Upgrade?  :D   Upgrade? :P 

that is just silly.  It makes me smile and shake my head.

You seem to be projecting some fear or anger here, and not to know of which you speak in this case sir. 

I will leave it at that.

1 hour ago, silent thunder said:

Save up and go is not fine, it is my advice.

Retreats are not fine... Hair may be fine... silk is fine.

My one retreat with Master Wang... was not fine, it was paradigm shifting.

Blockage dissolving. 

I continue to resonate and emanate the shifts now... a year and a half later from my one retreat.

Upgrade?  :D   Upgrade? :P 

that is just silly.  It makes me smile and shake my head.

You seem to be projecting some fear or anger here, and not to know of which you speak in this case sir. 

I will leave it at that.

Projecting not fear, but may be anger unintentionally, because of high price, lol ... B)

Probably "upgrade" is not quite right word, I used, lol ... but I thought, that going trough the system, the students are trained step by step, from the beginner stuff up to advanced. Right? 

Would you like to share how many retreats have you attended so far?

Cheers mate. 

I attended one retreat in December 2015.  It was paradigm shifting and the shift is ongoing. 

There was no talk of levels.  Other than at the first morning walking meditation, Master mentioned for advanced students to increase the number of steps to breath ratio.

I can't think of what i experienced in terms of levels.  Flow. Shift.  Beingness.  Resonance.

It was a living, shifting, living-liquid interaction within a field of energy... a shift in beingness.   I suspect much of the change i experienced came not from me diligently holding my form, but from my willingness to radically release into the field utterly and provide no resistance to the field generated by Master Wang and how he regulated the groups energies into our practice. 

But please know that I am a carpenter idiot.  Don't take me as any kind of authority.  I am a remarkably lucky, middle aged white bearded, white guy who likes to cultivate energy and had the opportunity and means to study with men such as Wang Liping and Zhou Ting-Jue.  I don't know shit.  But I experienced some shi(f)t and am profoundly grateful for it.

So I resoundingly repeat to anyone on the edge.... Save up and go.

I will go again, but not for some time yet.  I am still assimilating and allowing these shifts to settle some. 

For a time after, all of my old forms were released as the idea of a particular form, or a special time to practice were absurd to me.  Every breath, every movement making dinner for my family was imbued with the flow of old forms abiding in the 'new' experience of emptiness.

The forms are returning slowly lately, with new resonance.  Emptiness is abiding, present... prescient.  Old forms are imbued with frequencies that were previously not in awareness.   Dissolving of blockages, such dissolving of mental matrices and physical blockages! 

Hours of extreme ecstacy in the LDT, Mingmen, Niwan as blockages dissolved... nearly unbearable ecstasy at some points... I was noting at one point, sitting in the darkness trying not to rock back and forth in an attempt to remain still and aware in the ecstacy... this was far more distracting and challenging to release into, than any of the former physical pains experienced when I was working to open up my very tight hips, knees and ankles years ago.

This process for me is not about levels, upgrades, or achievements, but release into awareness... frequencies... harmonies... resonance.  There could be a manner of speaking about these as coming in layers... but no layer is better than another, or sought after, merely experienced... abided in.  The emptiness and stillness pervades all in the end, or so it seems as I write this.

There was no mention of levels, or advancement, or secrets to be unveiled to the worthy.  The whole process was a very pragmatic undertaking.  Utterly simple.  Again, it seems that the shift generated came not through any of my very mediocre efforts and form, but from a willingness to release into the field of energy.

I was in silence nearly the entire time, but on the last couple days I opened up and had a few conversations.  One of them was with the German who sat nearby.  She was attending her tenth retreat.  We were sharing the same teaching, yet I suspect her experience was not similar to mine.  I did overhear one conversation she had with Master Wang.  She had been experiencing electronics being affected negatively near her and was concerned as her work involved rocket science and laptops/computers.

Again.

I'm a middle aged carpenter/artist.

No kind of authority in anything of import.

Ignore me at your leisure/pleasure.

But I resoundingly repeat with much joy and gratitude... Save up and go! 

I can't imagine being in that environment and not experiencing much benefit.

• Like 3

I`d also love to attend a workshop and feel challenged by the price (and my inability to sit in full lotus).  At the same time, I have no doubt that it`s worth it, don`t harbor resentments toward anyone for charging what they like, and think that life is all about the choices we make.

The other day I had an interesting experience -- for free! -- that I`m not sure what to make of.  I was looking through student questions at the Dragongate website when I suddenly felt myself swept up in...well, I`m not sure what.  Anyway, resonance happens.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1