markern

Is anal sex unhealthy?

On 1/14/2018 at 3:37 PM, Vacum said:

I find it a pity that no one seems to be able to answer this question. It is not only a question of putting things up your anal channel. I believe it's actually about the same stimulation as when one is doing the anal contraction practice, the mula bandha, which is so recommended and seems to be the basic exercise for controlling semen and sexual energy. I have practiced semen retention for many years as learned from Mantak chia, but have many times experienced orgasm just by contracting the perineum muscles. This orgasm is different and stronger than the normal one with semen ejaculation, although some prostate fluid comes out. But then I wonder if it is bad. It feels okay, as I don't feel my energy depleted afterward, but I don't know if it is in accordance with Mantak Chia's teaching neither. It would be great if someone was able to clarify this point.

That was the bums in 2009... as you can see, Apech was much funny back then :P

And this is a tricky topic... only because... it may be one  of those very testy times that a person with not just research but enough years of experience would be the best trusted voice... and whose going to make that so publicly stated... I'm just saying... don't you prefer to hear from folks who know whether a 'practice' works or is worthwhile or not ?  just saying.

My head is swirling with tongue in cheek comments but I'll not lower myself to cheeky replies  :huh:

ok... carry on :)

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2009 at 3:02 PM, markern said:

I read in the book sexual secretes that anal sex is suposedly unhealthy and sidetracks spirutal development because it revereses the upward flow of kundalini (I think we probably should just read that as prana). I am confused by this for a number of reasons. Firstly Tantrics seems to advocate stimluation of the male prostate. Secondly the aneros stimluates the prostate and anal spinchter and it makes energy rise up the body and to the higher chakras to a very large degree. I cannot realy see why stimulatio with a penis would be so different from a finger or the aneros or why it would be different with women. And if it is indeed the case that there is some sort of reversal of flow most people here could easily get energy flowing upwards again both during and after sex just by mind and breath and orbit. Opinions?

Anal sex for the pasive partner is also presented as so unhealthy that the passive homosexual partners in general should be suffering from very, very bad health. I can`t realy say I see much evidence of that but then again I don`t know a huge amount of gay people.

I think if your looking for spiritual enlightenment spending more time pondering on what goes on above your shoulders may be better first posts about what goes on below your belt.

• Like 1

Keep in mind that Daoist practices have still been governed by the same heteronormative crap over hundreds of years that teachings in the western world have. It's not like there were homosexual institutions in the ancient Daoist world. Men were having sex with men in their society but as usual straight people were making sure everyone knew that it wasn't quite as balanced as their sanctified hetero fucking.

I can tell you from personal experience that tantric union is totally possible between two men and is fucking incredible with the right partner. No, two men doing it does not equal too much yang. I am tired of hearing this because it shows a fundamental misunderstanding of how yin/yang theory works. Yes if you divide the sexes, women are yin and men are yang. However if you take any individual, they have yin and yang within them. Some men have more yin energy and some more yang. It's not tied to sex but to individuality.

It's how you sense into energy and how you use energy with your partner that matters. Yes I have been with men who were too yang for me but I have also had a lovely balance with some other men. Our two energies melded together nicely. It's about compatibility of your energy with another's, whether they are man or woman is irrelevant. The same stuff plays out in platonic friendships, romantic love, and anything else. Energy imbalances wreak havoc.

Anyone who says that two men can't have tantric union because of X Y Z is either ignorant, too traditional, or just plain homophobic.

I'm personally celibate at this point because I am too energy sensitive to other people's crap and I like to conserve my jing. IMO if you are trying to make yourself feel righteous because you have heterosexual sex, then you're delusional because you're still depleting your jing reservoir.

Sorry if I'm being rude I am just fed up with the traditionalists in this particular area. We live in a world that hates and actively shuns homosexuals so of course they are going to make up stories that are reasonable-sounding for why two men are energetically imbalance. But it's a total lie.

And FYI lots of hetero people are having anal sex. I have personally met lots of straight guys who like vaginal intercourse but if their girlfriend invites them to penetrate them anally they are over the moon and it makes them even more in love with their GF. Some guys also enjoy being anally stimulated by their woman. If you're a man who's straight and not wanting to get fucked by a guy then that's no problem but if you have never tried stimulating your own prostate then you are seriously missing out on a great method of converting jing to healthy qi. Not to mention it's pleasurable as hell. When I used to be sexually active, if I went long periods without having sex masturbation never usually satisfied me unless I could have a g-spot orgasm. In that case I felt super grounded for a long time and less antsy. Of course now it's irrelevant because I don't need that kind of sexual release but if you're going to have a release at all you might as well go for the best one possible. Just my $0.02

The whole anal sex thing needs to be demystified in general and Daoism is no exception. The fact that you can access the prostate, which is essentially the physical component of your lifegate, by simply putting a finger in a certain place, is amazing to me. A lot of women spend their whole lives never finding their g-spot but for men it's right there and it can unleash so much energy.

Edited by Orion
  • Like 3

On 1/14/2018 at 0:37 PM, Vacum said:

but I don't know if it is in accordance with Mantak Chia's teaching neither. It would be great if someone was able to clarify this point.

Mantak Chia has become a little too commercial.  You need to find a teacher that you can actually talk to one on one. There are people here that can probably give you good recommendations for your area.

Edited by moment
too hasty