Sign in to follow this  
alfa

Meditating on the body

When I try to be aware of the body, I notice some tingling sensations every now and then. Do I continue doing this? What is the value of meditating on one's body in this way?

So far, my mind hasn't stopped its chattering but my body is becoming somewhat still and I notice some sensations every now and then. Is this the movement of chi? Could this awareness (of the body) be of any use in controlling one's mind indirectly?

Keep it up! This initial tingling is caused by the chi moving through long blocked up meridians. If you continue this path and use your awareness to manipulate where the tingling occurs, the tingling will eventually give way to a warm, comfortable flow-like sensation of the chi circulating throughout your body.

During your meditation you can use these body-centered energy sensations to give your mind something to focus on, which will greatly help you to quiet your mind. In fact, if you do the practice regularly, eventually the chi sensations will become ever present, which will help you quiet your mind throughout your day (when you are not setting aside time to specifically meditate).

Also, if you do a form of mediation on the dan tien (hara) such as the Taoist's Sitting and Forgetting or Zen's zazen, this training will help you feel the energy move in and out of that part of the body as you breath.

Guest sykkelpump

Keep it up! This initial tingling is caused by the chi moving through long blocked up meridians. If you continue this path and use your awareness to manipulate where the tingling occurs, the tingling will eventually give way to a warm, comfortable flow-like sensation of the chi circulating throughout your body.

During your meditation you can use these body-centered energy sensations to give your mind something to focus on, which will greatly help you to quiet your mind. In fact, if you do the practice regularly, eventually the chi sensations will become ever present, which will help you quiet your mind throughout your day (when you are not setting aside time to specifically meditate).

Also, if you do a form of mediation on the dan tien (hara) such as the Taoist's Sitting and Forgetting or Zen's zazen, this training will help you feel the energy move in and out of that part of the body as you breath.

In deep meditation your body and mind seems to dissapear,so you should try to find a meditation that help you forget the body,otherwise focusing on the body will make it difficult to go really deep.anapanasati is good(concentating on the breath,not following it or feel it),but maybe the fastest is the white skeleton meditation.This is my advice.And I have been in deep meditation and experienced a lot.Good luck

When I try to be aware of the body, I notice some tingling sensations every now and then. Do I continue doing this? What is the value of meditating on one's body in this way?

So far, my mind hasn't stopped its chattering but my body is becoming somewhat still and I notice some sensations every now and then. Is this the movement of chi? Could this awareness (of the body) be of any use in controlling one's mind indirectly?

Book suggestion for you: :)

"aligned relaxed resilient - The Physical Foundations of Mindfulness" by Will Johnson

Sign in to follow this