Sign in to follow this  
Owledge

What's so special about hair and nails?

In reports of people allegedly dissolving into a higher state of being or whatever happens there ... why is it often/always said that hair and nails (teeth, too?) remain? What's so special about them, that they're not included in the process?

In reports of people allegedly dissolving into a higher state of being or whatever happens there ... why is it often/always said that hair and nails (teeth, too?) remain? What's so special about them, that they're not included in the process?
Taoist immortals actually leave nothing, it's more the Rainbow Bodies that leave hair & nails.

I wonder if it might be because hair & nails are both composed of dead cells? So, only (or mainly) the living cells get transformed?

Edited by vortex

Interesting... when was the last time you spoke to one that could tell you that. hahahahah.

Nails could be a sign of energy left behind. When my grandmaster died (this was documented at Wudang) she was still warm after 2 hours. Lingering energy I suppose. She was 134 when she died.

Tao Bless

Taoist immortals actually leave nothing, it's more the Rainbow Bodies that leave hair & nails.

I wonder if it might be because hair & nails are both composed of dead cells?

The Tibetan Bon masters who practice the rainbow body technique typically say that you will leave hair and fingernails behind if you have not fully mastered the ability upon death. If you have mastered it completely you will be able to convert all of your body into radiant light.

Apparently the hair and fingernails are just harder to transform.

Apparently the hair and fingernails are just harder to transform.

This is what William Bodri and Huai-Chin Nan say in one of their books, apparently the hair and nails belong to the earth element, which is the densest and hardest to transform.

Sign in to follow this