Sign in to follow this  
boyshood

Camellia sinensis

Hello i saw that in the forum there is a thread call tea, but there people had talk about all kind of tea like herbal tea etc!

So here in this thread we can talk only about the tea from the plant Camellia sinensis!

You see herbal tea are the tea that have nothing to do whit the plant Camellia sinensis! Herbal tea have not Caffeine!!

So just talk anything you like about White tea, green tea, oolong, pu-erh tea and black tea and teas from Camellia sinensis plant only!! It can be your favorite tea of thi plant or any words you want to said about it!

I start to put some photo

Regards

51sIn9ilDBL._AA280_.jpg

Huishanchahui.jpg

decorating-styles20.jpg

220px-Teapot_P1100116.jpg

white%20tea.jpg

green_tea.jpg

61WS5QMZ69L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

pu-erh-tea-cakes.jpg

black_lapsang_souchong_thumb.jpg

AS15-STE0147~Tea-House-Kyoto-Japan-Posters.jpg

Edited by Guest

I tried some types of tea and got a lot of samples from Sri Lanka but my favorite for now is Japanese sencha tea which is a light green tea.

And by the way I also am bothered by this conflict between camellia sinensis and other herbs being called tea because tea is a the water extract of plants not camellia sinensis only, though I'm not too sure.

I read somewhere that higher quality green tea would not taste bitter because it has higher amounts of theanine which balances the bitterness.

I also read that some fragrance comes from the fluoride content in the tea because camellia sinensis is sensitive to fluoride in the environment and absorbs it readily so you should get it from less fluoridated places.

My mom made a test between lipton black tea and chinese green tea and noticed that the black tea formed a mold on top whereas the green tea was still ok.

Sometimes the stimulation is too much for me so I have to fix it later with linden and chamomile tea.

"Tao in a Bottle" http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=1169

"green tea scientific info" http://www.thetaobums.com/green-tea-scient...nfo-t10093.html

"relaxin tea" http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=7573

My favorite is defiantly matcha. When I lived in Kyoto I spent a lot of time learning tea ceremony (compared to normal people, not the 20 year veterans), and I quickly grew to love the frothy flavor more than any other type of tea. And I love the idea of making my tea drinking into a powerful spiritual ritual. Now, if only it was easier to come by good quality matcha in the U.S... Boy, I miss living a train stop away from Uji.

Ryan T thanks for your words and thanks friends

Ryan T i today was drinking Darjeling chep black organic tea :) but my favorite black tea is:

lapsang souchong

I must try someday organic lapsang souchong

i like lapsang souchong because is the tea i had taste whit smoke taste i like that i feel like i am beside a fire of piece of old good tree hihihihi :D

Do any one know another tea that taste smoke?

lapsang souchong my friend:

http://search.mightyleaf.com/search?w=Orga...mp;x=19&y=7

Black-Tea-Lapsang-Souchong-Keemun-Black-Tea-.jpg

Edited by Guest

I tried some types of tea and got a lot of samples from Sri Lanka but my favorite for now is Japanese sencha tea which is a light green tea.

Yea sencha taste different than Chinese green tea in my opinion there is also a green tea from japan that is a powder, i don't have try it yet, but must do some day, i know there is tea houses there people can see a Japanese tea ritual or performance! Japanese take really tea serious, i mean tea is for them something like sacred!

I must go someday to such tea garden! Have some one eperience the tea room in Japanese tea garden?

Edited by Guest

And by the way I also am bothered by this conflict between camellia sinensis and other herbs being called tea because tea is a the water extract of plants not camellia sinensis only, though I'm not too sure.

in answers . com we can read:

"Herb tea (see tisane) is not a true tea based on tea-shrub leaves, but rather an infusion of various herbs, flowers and spices."

also from answer . com:

"Tea refers to the agricultural products of the leaves, leaf buds, and internodes of the Camellia sinensis plant, prepared and cured by various methods. "Tea" also refers to the aromatic beverage prepared from the cured leaves by combination with hot or boiling water, and is the colloquial name for the Camellia sinensis plant itself.

After water, tea is the most widely-consumed beverage in the world. It has a cooling, slightly bitter, astringent flavour.

The four types of tea most commonly found on the market are black tea, oolong tea, green tea and white tea, all of which can be made from the same bushes, processed differently, and in the case of fine white tea grown differently. Pu-erh tea, a double-fermented black tea, is also often classified as amongst the most popular types of tea.

The term "herbal tea" usually refers to an infusion or tisane of leaves, flowers, fruit, herbs or other plant material that contains no Camellia sinensis. The term "red tea" either refers to an infusion made from the South African rooibos plant, also containing no Camellia sinensis, or, in Chinese, Korean, Japanese and other East Asian languages, refers to black tea."

So as i understand the real word tea is for tea made by the plant Camellia sinensis and tea made by herbs etc is the real name: Herbal Tea and not really just the word tea.

Edited by Guest

Yea sencha taste different than Chinese green tea in my opinion there is also a green tea from japan that is a powder, i don't have try it yet, but must do some day, i know there is tea houses there people can see a Japanese tea ritual or performance! Japanese take really tea serious, i mean tea is for them something like sacred!

The powdered tea is the tea that I was talking about, which is called matcha. In order to brew it you need a bamboo whisk, which creates a distinctive green froth. When this tea came to Japan during the Tang Dynasty, it was the most popular style of tea in China. Japan retained matcha to present day through the tea ceremony, while China switched to roasted teas such as Oolong after the Manchu took over, because they could be stored for much longer periods of time without going bad.

Well, there are lots of Tea based forums, Facebook networks etc.

I guess many of us love tea (a cup of Keemun next to me right now)

Nothing wrong with tisanes (which you referred too).

The coffeine is not the reaosn why Tea is great in my opinion. If it were - go for the sodas :-)

Many of the tisanes are amazing, healthy and very important supplements!

I grew up with them and keep adding more (like Tulsi for example).

I also plan to start my own kombucha production.

Still miss the point of the thread - questions, opinions...?

The powdered tea is the tea that I was talking about, which is called matcha. In order to brew it you need a bamboo whisk, which creates a distinctive green froth. When this tea came to Japan during the Tang Dynasty, it was the most popular style of tea in China. Japan retained matcha to present day through the tea ceremony, while China switched to roasted teas such as Oolong after the Manchu took over, because they could be stored for much longer periods of time without going bad.

yes i had read or hear from a Te Master that matcha genuine tradition was lost or is lost in China but live now in Japan even like you said it came from China

Still miss the point of the thread - questions, opinions...?

the point of the thread is to talk in concentration about Camellia sinensis tea, real tea lovers of "real" tea, want to talk sometimes only about the "heart" and live the "branches" :D

but you are alright any way will people talk a LOT of herbal "tea" then got to the thread call: tea that is somewere in this forum :lol:

Edited by Guest

Huang Pu Zheng's poem about Lu Yu

Saw Lu Yu off to Pick Tea

Thousand mountains greeted my departing friend

When spring tea blossoming again

With indepth knowledge in picking tea

Through morning mist or crimson evening clouds

His solitary journey is my envy

Rendezvous in a temple of a remote mountain

We enjoyed picnic by a clear pebble fountain

In this silent night

Lit up a candle light