Sign in to follow this  
thehatinthecat

Hello Everyone

Hello, I'm Erik. A little bit of background, I'm a soon to be student (hopefully) at the Midwest College of Oriental Medicine. I've been a seeker for a number of years, and I've found a lot of peace and contement in philosophies and religions that come from the East.

I have a BA in Health Arts and Sciences from Goddard College where I focused on Male Adolescent Psychology and Rites of Passage. I met a number of wonderful people there including a great Tai Chi teacher Tim Regan who was working on his Masters relating to the history and study of Tai Chi and Qigong.

His work, experiencing Qi healing (done by Tim) as well as having studied Yang Long form in the past (at a different college), got me exploring more aspects of alternative health.

I worked for two seasons at the Omega Institute, and while there went to as many Tai chi and Qigong classes as I could.

I moved to Missouri with the plans of getting an MSW, and entering private practices working with troubled youth, but after working for the State for a year I realized that a career in social services was not where I wanted to go.

I began to wonder what I should do then as a career and during that time I started to read more on the Tao, and also picked up a book by Roger Jahnke called the Healing Promise of Qi.

After reading that book and starting up my Qigong and Tai Chi practices again I decied that I want to go into oriental medicine.

So here in a few short months I'll be off to Chicago to start my MSOM!

Sign in to follow this