Sign in to follow this  
DalTheJigsaw123

Who has read "The Kybalion." What are your thoughts?

Who has read "The Kybalion." What are your thoughts? The Kybalion has 7 principles that basically are set in stone laws. Do you think these 7 principles are legit? If you have not read it, here is the link. What do you all think? <a href="http://www.kybalion.org/kybalion.asp" target="_blank">http://www.kybalion.org/kybalion.asp</a>

Edited by LeonBasin

Who has read "The Kybalion." What are your thoughts? The Kybalion has 7 principles that basically are set in stone laws. Do you think these 7 principles are legit? If you have not read it, here is the link. What do you all think?Kybalion

I just read it yesterday. I think it's legit. I liked it.

Do you think the 7 principles outline in The Kybalion, is spread throughout self-help, self-improvement, philosophies and occult?

Why do you ask?

I kinda think, "hey who cares? Why does it matter?"

The Kybalion has a certain message. I guess it doesn't matter to me very much who may or may not have borrowed from it. It matters what is true.

what do you think Leon?

I was actually going to write a book on it. I will explain in it!:)

I kinda think, "hey who cares? Why does it matter?"

The Kybalion has a certain message. I guess it doesn't matter to me very much who may or may not have borrowed from it. It matters what is true.

Yea, I see what you mean. However, it's like Tao I suppose the philosophies are so old, that if you get the 7 principles, life will make sense more? :)

Thanks for the heads up! I had heard of it before but never read it. I just downloaded it yesterday and read it and its great. I highlighted and took notes too. It really clarified some things such as the mind/life = Living Mind type stuff that I need to really think about to totally ingest. I am sure at least one of the authors was a Mason but this is definately a Masonic inspired text so that if your a Freemason you'll get the "inside jokes". THANKS!

The Kybalion provides a nice theoretical framework for us Westerners, but lacks somewhat in practice.

The Principle of Mentalism is a special key that opens a lot of understanding. From a Western philosophical perspective, this is expounded well by George Berkeley in his Dialogues between Hylas and Philonous.

It made me throw up. :wacko:

I keep it on the shelf with all the free-mason bullshit, all the Theosophy bullshit, and otherwise western new-age or occultist bullshit.

It made me throw up. :wacko:

I keep it on the shelf with all the free-mason bullshit, all the Theosophy bullshit, and otherwise western new-age or occultist bullshit.

What exactly do you find bullshitish about it?

Who has read "The Kybalion." What are your thoughts? The Kybalion has 7 principles that basically are set in stone laws. Do you think these 7 principles are legit? If you have not read it, here is the link. What do you all think? <a href="http://www.kybalion.org/kybalion.asp" target="_blank">http://www.kybalion.org/kybalion.asp</a>

I don't like to measure mystical teachings in terms of "legit" or "bogus". These kinds of things for me always fall into two categories: worth considering and not worth considering. In reality I don't even have such clear categories either, but that's what it sounds like if I simplify my view.

I think "The Kybalion" is worth considering. It speaks for itself.

I didn't mean legit in any hard and fast way. Truth is outside of books, books just point the way. Sounds cliche, again, but that's because its true, hehe :)

Thanks for the heads up! I had heard of it before but never read it. I just downloaded it yesterday and read it and its great. I highlighted and took notes too. It really clarified some things such as the mind/life = Living Mind type stuff that I need to really think about to totally ingest. I am sure at least one of the authors was a Mason but this is definately a Masonic inspired text so that if your a Freemason you'll get the "inside jokes". THANKS!
Cool principles. How do you DL it, though? I don't see a DL link on the site?

I didn't mean legit in any hard and fast way. Truth is outside of books, books just point the way. Sounds cliche, again, but that's because its true, hehe :)

Not at all! That makes perfect sense actually:) Gives you the tools, but you have to take action in order to get the results!

Edited by LeonBasin

Sign in to follow this