enouch

S.O.S. MJJ Becker!

Guest allan

If you have humility, feel the heat, and see the Light during neidan meditation, you would be well protected from the dark spirits or yin forces. (Refer to the Shurangama Sutra and the Secret of the Golden Flower)

Of course the ancestor masters (heavenly or celestial immortals including Buddhas) can provide additional protection. You may become fully aware of their presence if you can hear them sing. (Refer to the Hundred Character stele and the Dairy for a day)

If we do not learn to cultivate both essence and virtues (the dual cultivation) like the great masters (Laozi, Confucius, and Buddha), but instead just speculate after learning something elementary, whatever correct methods we learn can easily become corrupted. (Refer to their Books and Classics)

Guidance by real teachers or their writings is important to our success in the Way.

The ancient masters follow the Stillness method and so do Quanzhen. (Read the Keeping Still hexagram in the Book of Changes) Claiming that Quanzhen and all Neo Daoists follow the Active method is mere speculation.

Those who practice the Active method of breath control are more likely to blow heart valves or could suffer other negative consequences because the method is by itself, forceful. If you happen to know the differences between the two methods perhaps you can wisely choose which you want to practice?

If you have humility, feel the heat, and see the Light during neidan meditation, you would be well protected from the dark spirits or yin forces. (Refer to the Shurangama Sutra and the Secret of the Golden Flower)

Of course the ancestor masters (heavenly or celestial immortals including Buddhas) can provide additional protection. You may become fully aware of their presence if you can hear them sing. (Refer to the Hundred Character stele and the Dairy for a day)

If we do not learn to cultivate both essence and virtues (the dual cultivation) like the great masters (Laozi, Confucius, and Buddha), but instead just speculate after learning something elementary, whatever correct methods we learn can easily become corrupted. (Refer to their Books and Classics)

Guidance by real teachers or their writings is important to our success in the Way.

The ancient masters follow the Stillness method and so do Quanzhen. (Read the Keeping Still hexagram in the Book of Changes) Claiming that Quanzhen and all Neo Daoists follow the Active method is mere speculation.

Those who practice the Active method of breath control are more likely to blow heart valves or could suffer other negative consequences because the method is by itself, forceful. If you happen to know the differences between the two methods perhaps you can wisely choose which you want to practice?

What exactly do you mean by stillness ? This Stillness You speak of is only rudimentary requirement for basic meditation, Kindergarten level ! Can you possibly give a cleaner example of "Stillness Cultivation" please ?

This seems to be a very broad term spoken by many & understood by few.

Most of The Books available in English Lagnuage talk alot about Nothing, Anything of any value is carefully Sorted then sifted out by the Translators & Authors. If You dont have a Teacher who can Read between the Lines and decrypt the Hidden meanings of these Books......Then Your better off burning them. They are nothing but a waste of Time & Have lead people down the wrong path for Decades,Many times ending in sheer Humiliation and Shock.

If you cannot do something correctly, then its better not to begin in the first place.

Houtian.

Edited by HouTian

Guest allan

What exactly do you mean by stillness ? This Stillness You speak of is only rudimentary requirement for basic meditation, Kindergarten level ! Can you possibly give a cleaner example of "Stillness Cultivation" please ?

This seems to be a very broad term spoken by many & understood by few.

You are right, most are at kindergarten level when they first started. Remember your stances when you first started to learn martial arts? Are stances unimportant even after you have become an expert or a teacher?

Most of The Books available in English Lagnuage talk alot about Nothing, Anything of any value is carefully Sorted then sifted out by the Translators & Authors. If You dont have a Teacher who can Read between the Lines and decrypt the Hidden meanings of these Books......Then Your better off burning them. They are nothing but a waste of Time & Have lead people down the wrong path for Decades,Many times ending in sheer Humiliation and Shock.

If you cannot do something correctly, then its better not to begin in the first place.

Houtian.

Students want to have instant success or gratification. If Tao is so easy to learn or to cultivate, there would be much more heavenly immortals and Buddhas than people can count. :lol:

Study the ancient Books and Classics and you may get somewhere.

After you have reached a certain level of cultivation and when you have the time, learn to translate the Tao Te Ching; you may find that the available English translations missed a lot of the important signposts of the Way indicated by Laozi and the Yi. Since without in depth knowledge derived from the study and cultivation, how much do modern authors and translators know about Tao?

In case, members did not catch the main difference between the Stillness and Active methods, reread the last paragraph of my post of the 14th of June.

Another thing I want to say is mechanical methods themselves are not enough for you to progress in any authentic lineage. You need the Master's approval and blessing for the methods to work... There are lineage power in works and that's why it's a BAD idea to mix practices.

Let me repeat myself: Don't be naive, mechanical methods/technique are NOT enough.

Hi Ken,

Could you explain how the mechanics of this work in something like Spring Forest Qigong where you buy the book?

Would the practices have the same effect if

a) You bought it from the Spring Forest Website

B) You bought it from Amazon or other chain

c) You bought it second hand

d) You borrowed it from a friend

e) You borrowed it from a library.

Not on the wind-up here, just genuinely curious.

many thanks

Joel

MPG,

My grandmaster had a heart attack during his morning practice in hongkong was it the method he was doing or the style, hell no it was his time to go we cant stop the wheel of death.

P.S Less is more when it comes to cultivation.... ;)

It was either his time.. or his diet...

And less is not necessasrily more in cultivation, but proper cultivation is necessary.

It astounds me that this thread is still going; we humans sure love to argue!

About the cold phenomenon I experience, everyone who practices emptiness meditation that I've talked to has experienced it if they went deep enough to induce paralysis. Sometimes I notice it before I phase out into sleep without doing any meditation; (extreme burning cold, hypnagogic hallucinations, paralysis) but during meditation its not so common as it takes many hours to go that deep.

This cold state is noted in a few systems I've studied and I don't regard it as a bad thing, I am only able to feel qi movement inside my body when close to this state.

Also if I keep a strong mental focus on specific areas while drifting deep into trance, they begin to vibrate and cause a hot burning sensation, and feelings of movement throughout my body. If I do this while not in a trance state I have no effects of heat or vibration.

The trance state seems to amplify qi perception ability at least for me. I use it only as a springboard for other practices.

I haven't been to a doctor since I have begun meditation and training in qigong, so health wise I've noticed no ill effects. Spiritually on the other hand I have either had some negative encounters with spirits, or I've had nightmarish hypnagogic hallucinations of them, not sure which, but lately these have greatly dimensioned.

From my point of view I would still be concerned about what you are describing; you should not encounter negative entities - this is bad. I think you are keying in on why when you state if you put your mental concentration on an area then you will feel the heat but if you go into what you describe as "emptiness" you feel the cold. If you wish, try this: Instead of putting mental concentration on any area try separating 1st and 2nd attention when one attention puts spiritual awareness on the lower Dan Tian and manifests a purple bubble around you; the other attention goes into emptiness. This way your qi and energy body will keep you warm and you will be protected but will still get the benefit of your technique.

Only trying to help.

From my point of view I would still be concerned about what you are describing; you should not encounter negative entities - this is bad. I think you are keying in on why when you state if you put your mental concentration on an area then you will feel the heat but if you go into what you describe as "emptiness" you feel the cold. If you wish, try this: Instead of putting mental concentration on any area try separating 1st and 2nd attention when one attention puts spiritual awareness on the lower Dan Tian and manifests a purple bubble around you; the other attention goes into emptiness. This way your qi and energy body will keep you warm and you will be protected but will still get the benefit of your technique.

Only trying to help.

Ya Mu I'M curious, how advanced can a person develop in your experience or opinion? Many names have mentioned,Yan Xin ,John Chang,Wang Liping,Wong kiew kit,Master Jo,Chunyni Lynn,ROBERT Peng, what is the common denominator in your view? Rigorous practice? the ability to go within? Chang told Larence Blair the qi stuff is only the beginning, the real journey lies in the meditative process.The theta state seems to be at the heart of these abilities even in yogic disciplines.Swami Rama for example could cause a needle to move under lab. conditions, he also caused two growths to occur one benigh, [bOOK, BEYOND BIOFEEDBACK]the other cancerous.Imagine the implications! He had a saying''the body is in the mind but all the mind isn't in the body'' fascinating! A process like warts being generated through hypnosis rather than a virus also comes to mind.Jim, a student of Chang said his teacher could make his body so light that he could literally jump over a house! But he has to meditate for two weeks to prepare.He intimated a lot of the same skills can be cultivated, developed through different trainings.Do you agree? We all share the same neurology.

No, I have no idea what the effect will be, I don't know how the process works just what the process is.

And actually I shouldn't use Spring Forrest as an ecample, I am unfamiliar with Chunyi Lin, I just heard that his practice is good. However I have to admit that I am uneasy on the practice itself, perhaps someone who has read his books can tell me, has Chunyi Lin ever mentioned his lineage? I personally won't practice anything that is "new".

Hi Ken,

Could you explain how the mechanics of this work in something like Spring Forest Qigong where you buy the book?

Would the practices have the same effect if

a) You bought it from the Spring Forest Website

B) You bought it from Amazon or other chain

c) You bought it second hand

d) You borrowed it from a friend

e) You borrowed it from a library.

Not on the wind-up here, just genuinely curious.

many thanks

Joel

Ya Mu I'M curious, how advanced can a person develop in your experience or opinion? Many names have mentioned,Yan Xin ,John Chang,Wang Liping,Wong kiew kit,Master Jo,Chunyni Lynn,ROBERT Peng, what is the common denominator in your view? Rigorous practice? the ability to go within? Chang told Larence Blair the qi stuff is only the beginning, the real journey lies in the meditative process.The theta state seems to be at the heart of these abilities even in yogic disciplines.Swami Rama for example could cause a needle to move under lab. conditions, he also caused two growths to occur one benigh, [bOOK, BEYOND BIOFEEDBACK]the other cancerous.Imagine the implications! He had a saying''the body is in the mind but all the mind isn't in the body'' fascinating! A process like warts being generated through hypnosis rather than a virus also comes to mind.Jim, a student of Chang said his teacher could make his body so light that he could literally jump over a house! But he has to meditate for two weeks to prepare.He intimated a lot of the same skills can be cultivated, developed through different trainings.Do you agree? We all share the same neurology.

This is a kinda a loaded question, but I'll try to answer.

I have met many men of Power. Less men of Power and Knowledge, and just a very few of Power, Knowledge, and Wisdom. Those that reach this last category are few and are not concerned with phenomena.

Advancement is in helping others and dancing in the wu wei so that they always do the right thing at any given moment.

Sure there is a Lightness technique. Just like in the movies. I could teach it to just about anyone. But why would anyone want to spend the rest of their life perfecting that so they could jump over a house? I guess anyone who wishes to be buried with a tombstone that says "He could jump over a house" would consider that important.

Sure one can develop Power. But then one has to decide what to do with it. Sure things like you describe are possible, we do many of those type of things in medical qigong everyday for helping others.

But here is where the Wisdom comes in. Everything is a choice. If we learn to dance in the wu wei and always move in harmony with Tao, practice virtue and compassion and help others, act with sobriety, and live our lives doing the best we can, we have made the choice of Wisdom. These are the common denominators in advancement. Learning to dance in the wu wei does require cultivation of the energy body and virtue. We also must align ourselves with the Divine.

• Like 1

Hello mjjbecker,

I understand you are / were a mo pai student,

Michael Becker has become the official spokesman for the Mo Pai in North America. :rolleyes: You people really need to let it go.

This is a kinda a loaded question, but I'll try to answer.

I have met many men of Power. Less men of Power and Knowledge, and just a very few of Power, Knowledge, and Wisdom. Those that reach this last category are few and are not concerned with phenomena.

Advancement is in helping others and dancing in the wu wei so that they always do the right thing at any given moment.

Sure there is a Lightness technique. Just like in the movies. I could teach it to just about anyone. But why would anyone want to spend the rest of their life perfecting that so they could jump over a house? I guess anyone who wishes to be buried with a tombstone that says "He could jump over a house" would consider that important.

Sure one can develop Power. But then one has to decide what to do with it. Sure things like you describe are possible, we do many of those type of things in medical qigong everyday for helping others.

But here is where the Wisdom comes in. Everything is a choice. If we learn to dance in the wu wei and always move in harmony with Tao, practice virtue and compassion and help others, act with sobriety, and live our lives doing the best we can, we have made the choice of Wisdom. These are the common denominators in advancement. Learning to dance in the wu wei does require cultivation of the energy body and virtue. We also must align ourselves with the Divine.

Wisdom and morality are always foremost,one must be aware of consequences and actions.I know that the divine revels in mystery perhaps that is why these things are not commonplace.It's just a small part of me wishes some of his stuff could be public.How would it effect societal evolution in the modern world?W ould it make us more caring of the natural world if we percieved a symbiosis[not just based on survival] with it?Perhaps it would just engender competition beteewn groups like martial arts.It would totally revise cherished notions about what it means to be human, on par with finding out intelligent alliens are real.Or that there is a sentient God.On the other hand men like Prahlad Jani,Swami Rama, Wim Hoff,the non decomposing monk have all been studied and the world goes on.It's just external observable phenomena is so hard to deny and so convincing.This is why those from the western world are so taken with it, we taught this stuff does not-nay cannot exist!!! For those not[unlike amazing Randi] trying to disprove it but rather trying to unravel the implications of it,this is where a core challenge remains.If true[i personally know it] a lot of westerners feel robbed of the knowledge of what it means to be human.By that, I mean all the inherent possibillities that reside within the human creature.It's not just about leaping over a tall building in a single bound or running faster than a speeding bullet but the implications of such.I'll mind read a bit here but I'd wager a lot of Mo Pie's and Sean Denty's motivations are coming out of this vein.Or maybe it is just power! I know Mo Pai guy doesn't want to reinncarnate again.

I hope you can see the contradictions here. :)

I hope you can see the contradictions here. :)

I await the clarity of your insight kind sir? :rolleyes:

If the mind is larger than the body, then having "the same neurology" does not mean having the same potential.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

Holy Wang Shu Jin Batman! You could be correct! But wait a minute... maybe he meant a non-local approach or a frontal lobe approach where a small part directs larger activities.Actually the question was desighed so Ya Mu might pursue all avenues in answering the question-not be tied down to one course of reasoning.Reductionist formula or metaphysical nonlocality.By the way, in your interview with Jim he said that he's often asked about conserving jing and that the lonlieness finally got to him.You didn't follow this up in your interview or did you but edited it out.Did he intimate how important conserving jing is?

Regarding that interview--a lightly edited version of our conversation--there were some minor details that Jim and/or I did not want to publish. Nothing too important. If I didn't print them there, I'm sure you'll understand if I won't print them here either, and I don't presume to answer any questions on his behalf.

Regarding that interview--a lightly edited version of our conversation--there were some minor details that Jim and/or I did not want to publish. Nothing too important. If I didn't print them there, I'm sure you'll understand if I won't print them here either, and I don't presume to answer any questions on his behalf.
Cool, where is that interview?

Cool article. Jim seems like a nice guy, and your comments are funny, Chris. I had no idea you ran that website and you don't remember me, but thanks for removing a comment that I made on one of your Mo-Pai articles. I had a friend get really upset with me over giving out some information that he shared with me.

My body becomes cold when drifting off into a deep trance state, I lose sensation in my physical body and it becomes painfully cold.

You are describing serious problems and need to find a teacher that can help you.

I'm an ex Kunluner. Last year at a seminar the teacher (Max Christensen) said that when you practiced you could attract beings (Celestial Masters as he put it). The telltale sign that they were there would be that your practice area would become extremely cold and that you'd also feel cold. He didn't associate feeling cold as being a serious problem. I experienced this countless times while practicing Kunlun as well as Red Pheonix. It was my understanding that those two practices allowed you to bypass the negative levels and enter into a higher one. The questions I have right now for the teachers here or those with more experience are:

Would there be a temperature change when in the presence of higher level beings?

Would a cold feeling always indicate negativity?

Thanks.

Aaron

Edited by TexasNative