LongHu Shan

O Ye Worthy Ones and One-and-halves!

O Ye Enlightened Ones! Praise be upon thee for your deep words, meaningful posts and all the rest of it all all over this esteemed site!

I am here to seek your most honoured attention and even more honoured act of levitation off most honoured bums to do something to make understanding of the Tao - the Chinese version possible in the UK.

Yesterday, this unworthy, ignorant and low-ranking novice sought the help of ye enlightened ones (even half would do) in message in "Lobby" to make possible sojourn of a Chinese Daozhan here. For some reason I was expecting a flood of support and feared that I might even have to hold back you willing hordes as you charge through the LongMen Gate, the Pearly Gates, and the Bill Gates. Sadly, this was not the case when butterfly woke up from pipa dream and realised he was no unworthy novice or even "Zhoo-wang Zee"!

Maybe I posted in the wrong section of the forum bureaucracy, maybe high-ranking enlightened ones stay in their suites and do not hang around "Lobby", maybe bums of bums glued too fast to jade thrones or plasticised straw-mats... I haven't tossed sticks and insulted the "Eye Ching" or read answers on back of tortoises, maybe enlightened ones all in Noo York, HengShan or in dole queues not in this country.

But then again I thought - if I post here in "upstairs department" and ask all ye worthy ones and halves and quarters to take the lift and come down to "Lobby" and honour me by reading message some miracle may happen(?). The message is the one about "getting off bums" and I look forward to reading your enlightened answers or even your rolling up sleeves of divine gowns to lend a hand to make a Taoist lodge possible. Who knows? - maybe one day you can even serve real tea in the lodge or help pull out needles from victims in the clinic! You can if you want more difficult work do calligraphy, play flute to the ox, do real "internal cultivation"... or even drink a nice cuppa with others when you confuse them about the meaning of no meaning... You can even learn Old Master Lu Dongbin's martial arts... hmmmm why is it when one person holds up his one finger when he does Qigong gets others to burst into guffaws when another does same and commands worshipful silence and awe? If there is anything to discuss I think an addition of a Spanish-speaking Chinese Taoist priest would not make any gem less unclear!

Some exercise may be healthy for example walking down to "Lobby", type a few words of wisdom on keyboard. Especially when doing standing meditation, karma meditation, focusing on the void, Taijiquan in its multitude of styles, walking the Bagua circles, imitating the animals of Xingyi, directing traffic and doing dragon breaths with the umpteenth school of Kwee-gong doesn't really in truth work anywhere other than in your heads!

No offence, guys, rambling on and on and taking off in tangents and spinning in circles in all sorts of discussions in the flavour of mules talking to donkeys don't amount to anything. By this, I don't mean you've manufactured "Wu Wei". I think Lao Zee said that somewhere... I am sure I am wrong...

Still, I hope I see you at "Lobby" (I am not the one carrying the fly whisk) and hope you help lend me one shoe to go on journey of a few yards down the road!

Bless you all, the cheek shall inherit the earth!

Edited by LongHu Shan

an excellent bit of prose;

i however found it inappropriate to chime in, being a continental.

good luck with the levitation act, though.

and dont lose faith- these bums lurk in the shadow, and without movement,

are the first to act.

I forgive you for being a "continental" but still I admire that as one you would still send good wishes!

As for ".. these bums lurk in the shadow, and without movement, are the first to act" I would welcome any "ninjas" soon as they want to become part-time Taoists!

I have no clue what your post is about but generally most people seem to spend time in Taoist Discussion so you'll probably find more responses here.

All the best :)

Edited by Unconditioned

<<< Don't wear yourself out too quickly! >>>

Thanks, Beam-me-up!

I am recycling my 'qi' so theoretically would not wear myself out.

Besides, with the support I am getting, there would be hundreds to take up my cause if I collapse!