Aetherous

Let the right one in

Hey,

I just saw Let the right one in last night...really great movie. About a boy that gets picked on a lot, who befriends a 12 year old girl vampire. It's kind of a dark movie that is questionable in some parts, but it was really well made in my opinion. I give it a 9.8/10. :lol: I suggest you rent it.

Great! Ill have to see it then.

Have you guys seen True Blood? Great vampire series! I can hardly wait for the next season.

Yes - Go see it!!! It is a really good movie. Best genre movie in years - a masterpiece.

But make sure you get to see the right one, the original Swedish one, based on a bestsellernovell.

Beware, there is already a Hollywood blockbuster-version being made, as we speak. So sad !

I agree that it's a masterpiece. Seriously one of the top 5 movies I've ever seen.

This is what the cover looks like, so no one mixes it up with the Hollywood one they're making...

letTheRight.jpg

Also, make sure you look on the back, and find the version that has "English (Theatrical)" subtitles included. The first run of the disc they only included a crappy translation...but the theatrical version is best.

Anyway, yes, the Hollywood remake one is bound to suck!

I forgot to post... I saw it and it is definitely one of the best movies I've seen in many years. Thank you for recommending it.

Edited by Smile

I saw it because of this thread but I only liked the slow pace but not much else, I guess I'm not really a fan of movies with a lot of violence, gore and blood. I don't understand why this movie is so praised.

I really liked the girl's way of acting. It made her character really interesting.

Plus the way the film was shot was beautiful.

I rated it so high because you don't often see movies that are this good.

I'm not a fan of gore and violence, either...but I suppose I'm desensitized to seeing those things. Sorry, I should have written more about the negatives.