Sign in to follow this  
ronko

how to calm chi down

hi everyone ,

this is my 1st post here ,

i began getting intrested in taoism and chi reading some mantak chia books about a week and a half ago ,

the first time i tried the microcosmic orbit i did it and could feel it really strongly ,

this was the same with the inner smile and healing sounds ,

the problem is i cant seem to stop them , i bring it down to my navel but the chi always seems to be there , no matter what i do , the slightest thing begins it pulsing , then i have to bring it down to my navel again ,

if i am reading the chia book and he is talking about a place on the body mine ends up pulsing there , i am in bed and tryin to sleep my third eye starts pulsing if i shut my eyes ,

and rather than feel invigourated i feel tired and worn out , my head always seems to feel heavy too

i had my 1st inner multiple orgasms yesterday and although they felt amazing i was drained the rest of the day ,

could anyone offer any help ?

i seem to spend more of my time trying to get it to my navel than i do anything else

Nice...you seem very sensitive!

The only thing that really calms it down is not practicing. Otherwise, eating heavy foods more often throughout the day...going for long brisk walks...laying down on the grass for like 20 minutes...these things can help a little bit.

Bringing it to the navel, or to the lower dan tien, has a different effect of recirculating it, and doesn't actually store it so much. But it's very good to keep bringing it to there.

Since your pineal is already pulsing, and you are tired, you might want to just not practice until you feel normal again. It could take a week or so. Tiredness is a sign that the body is overburdened by the energy, because it's not used to it.

hi scotty

many thanks for the reply ,

i guess i better stop for a while then , seems abit mad as i have just started :rolleyes:

was doing the inner orgasm today and i am getting the hang of it but i will let that be my last for a while ,

I strongly suggest going to a Iquan or Yi Chuan teacher or anyone teacher willing to teach you the intricacy of Zhan Zhuang, or simply called standing meditation or even standing post. There are actually many different names for roughtly the same thing. Although it may be a different way they teach it. The purpose is the same.

If your more into spirituality go Ch'an Zazen seated meditation.

I find that a cold shower and a heavy (meat) meal works best for me.

Be careful of books that tell you that you need to spin energy in a different direction or put it somewhere else in your body in order to calm things down or "close your chakras." This is bull. Any extra stimulation of your energy body with your awareness will only intensify the sensations.

I find that a cold shower and a heavy (meat) meal works best for me.

Be careful of books that tell you that you need to spin energy in a different direction or put it somewhere else in your body in order to calm things down or "close your chakras." This is bull. Any extra stimulation of your energy body with your awareness will only intensify the sensations.

Not entirely true. But because giving advice to someone that is not extra formiliar with such things. Sound advice indeed. You get my thumbs up.

I guess on basic or general talk and depending whom you talk with I should take things with a grain of salt.

You will need to do some more observation of yourself over a few weeks to see what happens, its a bit premature to make a judgement. Could be a bit of stuck qi, could be awakened kundalini stirrings.

If you are indeed simply sensitive, like me, consider that discomfort isnt the enemy, its indicative of things happening which are furthering your spiritual development--thats what you want. Another thing is to learn to relax into energy, and that only makes the energy higher, and you have to learn to relax into that...and so on, (years go by) until it finally refines and becomes less annoying.

You cannot control Kundalini energy, oh dear, quite the contrary. If that is what you have awakened, you are in for the time of your life, hahaha.

So yeah, as you have noticed, you dont actually control qi as much as people would like to believe. Thats for the better (your spiritual betterment), and you may have to adapt your regular life accordingly.

Sign in to follow this