bukejian

The Color Purple

Can someone tell me what is the significance of the color purple is in terms of Daoist thought. Each time I go into meditation, I see a deep color of puple or violet light before me. I intellectualized, (probally not the right thing to do ) that since red represents fire and blue represents water, and the colors red and blue, when combined create purple, that this maybe a indication my fire and water energies are merging. Just a thought.

Bu

Can someone tell me what is the significance of the color purple is in terms of Daoist thought. Each time I go into meditation, I see a deep color of puple or violet light before me. I intellectualized, (probally not the right thing to do ) that since red represents fire and blue represents water, and the colors red and blue, when combined create purple, that this maybe a indication my fire and water energies are merging. Just a thought.

Bu

From a cultivation perspective it's connected with the North star and the Big Dipper, and contains cosmic, neutral energy.

h

and when talking about chakras, indigo (which is that bluey-purple) and purple are two different things....

INDIGO

6th Chakra: Third Eye Pineal Gland:

Often connected to the forehead (between the eyebrows).

Is a physical eye at the base of the brain

with the capabilities of looking upward.

Clairvoyance, psychic abilities, imagination, dreaming

PURPLE

7th Chakra: Crown: Connects you with message from higher realms.

Can be experienced as a pressure on the top of the head.

spiritual connection, understanding, knowing, bliss, God

so if you're definitely seeing that purple/violet color then....

Sahasrara is generally considered to be the chakra of pure consciousness. Its role may be envisioned somewhat similarly to that of the pituitary gland, which secretes hormones to communicate to the rest of the endocrine system and also connects to the central nervous system via the hypothalamus. The thalamus is thought to have a key role in the physical basis of consciousness. Symbolized by a lotus with one thousand petals, it is located at the crown of the head. Sahasrara is represented by the colour violet and it involves such issues as inner wisdom and the death of the body. Sahasrara's inner aspect deals with the release of karma, physical action with meditation, mental action with universal consciousness and unity, and emotional action with "beingness".

Bu

This is a really good thing. I would advise not to intellectualize about it but just go with it. Congratulations, good job! Are you doing energy healing or do you have an interest in energy healing? You may find you do have the talent for it.

This is a really good thing. I would advise not to intellectualize about it but just go with it. Congratulations, good job! Are you doing energy healing or do you have an interest in energy healing? You may find you do have the talent for it.

I do some energy healing on myself and family. I definately want to learn more about it. As an aging martial artist, I feel like thats the direction I need to go.

Bu

Purple light represents Taoist nature or even Buddha.

When you see a purple aura that's what it is... Taoist Master

Bu

Bu

The KAP 1 course material has a glossary for every color phosphene seen during meditation.

Violet to deep purple are good - indicating a high spirituality and royal leader of truth.

In Shuichuan it's related to healing energy. So is green.

It seems there are a lot of differing interpretations out there...