indra

What's the big-deal with this so Called "Wang Liping?"

I wish people cared about wisdom. I don't care if people care about me personally. If people cared about wisdom, I would end up having a good life among such people, even if no one knew my name.

"Bow" I give you respect especially as of the late wisdom you share for all to listen to freely.

I don't know Chinese...but yeah, good luck with your health and wellness exercises, Ken. :P

Sometimes I truly deep down inside wish I personally achieved the ability to dispel my own self ignorance.

The amount of help I could freely give to people.

Scotty when health and wellness is talked about it isn't simply talking about health and wellness.

If you make yourself perfectly healthy what have you done alchemically?

Please understand Scotty I'm not making these questions for myself but for your benefit.

You don't have to answer these questions just spend effort investigating what I'm hinting at I'm sure you will figure it out.

Well, I'm not 100% how sincere that is. I have a nack for believing pretty much everyone will do a bad thing if they truly believe they can get away with it.

Dishonesty seems to be the easiest, even if its bending the truth. People seem to do it when they feel desperate. Not a trait i like.

Here could be a kind of basic but helpful lead on what I was saying check out the link below talking about Safety, Health, and Longevity.

http://wudangquan.com/qigong/

Now I haven't actually bought this stuff. I know its legit through. I'm not sure how basic what they are teaching is but if you are willing to go the distance and willing to change your life for Internal Alchemy I'm sure this could easily become a strong venue given those and most likely other proper circumstances and you may be on your way to learning real deep in Internal Alchemy if your able to go the distance of course. People claim its not an easy task. The truth is sticking to the principles in such extremes aren't easy at all although once making that a good foundation of a pattern its really simple as long as you continue to do that pattern.

I hope you can say this to God too, and to all the masters combined. If you can, you are my hero. Let goldisheavy only be a starting point for you. Don't stop there. Keep going! Take all the pretentious bullshit down.

I was just expressing my feelings :mellow: Nothing to do with your battles, amigo.

When mind&talk are involved, you may feel like a fish in the ocean.

When the no-mind&silence are involved, you may feel like a fish.... in a fish-tank.

Good luck

L1

PS: From what I've heard from friends that knew him in person, WLP is a *quote* incredibly kind and humble person.

I would say strength comes from self-mastery. Being stronger than another is a side effect of "mastery" but the point isn't to win some spiritual arm wrestling contest, it's to tame the random bullshit that is incessantly churning away inside most people's psyche's, and transform the body into something that can support an evolved consciousness. You need strength to accomplish this, but not the kind of bad ass muscular macho most people associate with strength. becoming sensitive to the forces of nature and learning to ally yourself with them brings great strength, and does becoming aware of how one is manipulated by petty ego desires and fears in order to move beyond them. one can accomplish these kinds of things with great struggle and or by a cessation of struggle, either way, i would say one is "mastering" something by going through this.

But to get back to Wang, the book on him has allot of stories about going through these trials and learning to "master" himself. If you do get the mysterious superpowers from it and start talking about it then of course you are going to attract miracle seekers and all kinds of idiots but also people who are somehow woken up by it. Hell, the first time I saw John Chang in Ring of Fire I was astounded, I had no idea what I was watching but it really excited me. It's sensational because most of us are trained to think these kind of abilities are the stuff of fiction. My fascination with what I saw in Ring of Fire fed into my interest in Taoism and Nei Kung, not just because of the so called "supernatural" aspect of it (whatever that is supposed to be) but rather that I felt I was being shown some aspect of life that had been suppressed by the rationalistic western view of things. it showed me the whole story about western science campaigning against superstition and witchcraft was more full of shit that I had perviously imagined. But in any case one doesn't learn how to do stuff like that without gaining higher level of understanding than most will attain in life. It doesn't necessarily mean you are enlightened or immortal, but I am not going to say a priori that being immortal or enlightened, whatever that is, is totally out of the question. Having attained "mastery" just means you have gone through the effort to learn something, something rare, hard to define and difficult to understand. People call it mastery for a lack of a better word.

Aweome post:-

The west uses the word super-natural because they don't have an understanding of what it is happening, plus we live in an age that tries to explain eveything in a scientific way. I was watching this documentary where "Scientists" still can't figure out how gravity really functions or works, apparently it seems to be mystery.

But then how can the "Tao" be mastered by any-one, as it it seems to be formless, shapeless and seems to be very mysterious.

Edited by indra

I was wondering after seeing yesterday the National Geographic documentary on Wu Tang Monks, is it possible, that the recent discussions here about Wang Li Ping roles in making Taoism government controlled attraction etc., was about the guy from the film, not the one from the book?

Obviously 2 different people.

But then how can the "Tao" be mastered by any-one, as it it seems to be formless, shapeless and seems to be very mysterious.

Well, Tao is the Way of the universe: a complex dynamic of processes and interactions and Taoists have always sort to understand these and harness them in one wayor another. The wuji-taiji-yinyang-bagua sequence is one example of this. The Five Phases, another attempt at understanding and harnessing, has many applications. As Lao Tzu said: within it there is image and essence. And even he claimed to know the nature of the Source.

So it is not so much mastering Tao as mastering change and fate and chi and one's self.

And to use your example of gravity: scientists may well find it mysterious in many ways, but they have still managed to understand its laws and properties; so much so they can make complex predictions that turn out to be correct. It's a little like Tao in that respect.

Richard

Edited by Uncle Screwtape

didn't know much about Wang Liping before this post, don't know much about him now. I'm assuming that means either what's so special is so very hard to describe that people here haven't been able to go into it much, or that he's not so very special for men of his ilk. Maybe it's just that the thread was highjacked by someone who seems have some strong impetuous to...can't even say. I suppose some ppl (probably myself included) just like to talk ad nauseam, very ego gratifying I find :)

Anyone had any positive personel experiences with this teacher: If any-one has on Toa-Bums please don't be shy please contribute your experiences?

Dear Daoism (Taoism) seekers,

1. Chinese official site for 2009 Taoist Master Wang Liping's public teaching in China:

http://www.3qing.org/Activety/index.aspx

2. The google English translation for the above site:

http://translate.google.com/translate?prev...history_state0=

3. More information in English:

http://www.dao-de.org/dragongate/news/news.html

Master Wang Liping welcomes anyone to directly speak to him any concerns about himself and his Daoism system during his public teaching in Jinhua.

If you have questions, please use following information to contact the organizing committee. Jinhua Taoist Association (homepage, http://www.3qing.org/).

Jinhua Taoist Association of Zhejiang Province, the first Chinese Taoism culture and health summer camp committee.

Teacher Zhou,

Phone: 13566761665,

E-mail: [email protected],

Mailing address: Immortal Huang palace of Jinhua Double Dragon scenic area, Jinhua City, Zhejiang Province. 21023.

Edited by kathyli
  • Like 1