solxyz

What is the primary goal of your practice?

What is the primary goal of your practice?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What is the primary goal of your practice?

• physical immortality
    • enlightenment
    • ascension
    • ever improving health and emotion
    • win more fights/ better sex
    • other

Its a holistic approach involving Health, Spirituaity, Life, Nature, Individuation, Mystery, Immortality. More like a circle then a str8 line.

I want to increase my healing abilty and voltage. My healing has gone by the wayside recently due to work constraints and even my passion has died with my endeavors into learning everything it takes to do my new job well and putting up with the BS.

A few abilities would be appreciated, I owe a few people greatly for the help they have given me and would like to develop myself uniquely and become a bit more interesting so I can teach or just show what I have become to thank them for the time they put into me.

It really makes it distracting at work when I suddenly feel the need to practice something i've read recently.

It seems that practice is the only constant that allows spiritual strength to increase (Endurance) So I need to keep working until I can work from a more stable platform and I can't wait to increase my previous levels of energy into a greater well to draw from.. Well, it is hard to say if it was all me, I did have psi vampiric qualities as I started getting into this.

Hmm, maybe that is where my lack of physical energy has been coming from in past years. I stopped that..

Other: I practice to see what's possible and true...mostly because it's who I've become and I know of no better way to live.

Other: I think that the wording of this poll might actually distract from what it is trying to ask. It asks about "goals" to the practice, and for some people true closeness to the Tao or finding enlightenment can only happen when the seeker/goal, subject/object dichotomy has been released.

Also, you might want to add "peak experience" to the list. For many years when I was first beginning my practice the peak experiences, i.e. spiritual breakthroughs and sudden psychic phenomena, was what kept me practicing.

Other. I just want a continuous cultivation of stillness, jing, qi and shen to unhindered everyday experience of Tao and Wu Wei.

'Ever Improving Health' is tied in with 'Enlightenment' in my opinion; hence I would vote for both if I could and maybe not to win fights but to become aware of my skills and the ability to use them as peacefully as possible thus refraining from undue pain to my opponent.

Let's see what this community is really about.

solxyz,

I voted 'other' because the primary "goal" of my practice is to get each day off to a good start. That gives me a better shot at other items on your list which, to me, do not really involve much 'practice'.

All the best

Leon,

The Now is a path to self awakening and enlightenment, stillness meditation brings this one of my favourite methods for finding yourself and understanding Tao. You might like to watch, read or listen to Eckhart Tolle the Power of Now!?

My practice I believe brings immortality and enlightement and a good longlife if trained properly of course just like anything else!!!

Ape

I practice doing the dishes cause they are dirty. Closing the gap between intention and action one dish at a time is only a byproduct of seeing that they are dirty.