Sign in to follow this  
Ramon25

comparative anatomy of digestive tract

Guest paul walter

For people who don't know this post is in relation to meat eating versus vego debates going on in various other threads. There are some questions arising from this post for me: Why are vegetarians/vegans still alive (since the science says it is 'impossible' to live without animal protein-perhaps we cannibalise our own bodies to the extent that we could be consuming our own human animal protein?). Does 'survival' in the comparitive table mean long-term survival in the sense that if they die at 80 they could have lived to 100?.

:Why are vegos 'healthy' at all, especially long-term ones? Paul.

:Why are vegos 'healthy' at all, especially long-term ones? Paul.

I've heard some interesting facts about the popular 7th Day Adventist study off of WestonAPrice.org. About how the data was incorrectly analyzed (agenda of the studiers), and in fact the vegetarians were not healthier.

Another important thing to understand when reading about health studies for different diets is that some diets may decrease the rate of a particular disease, say heart -disease, but then INCREASE the rate of all other diseases.

So the real thing you need to look for are studies that analyze deaths from all causes. In the above example deaths from all causes might have gone up quite significantly, and you are thinking "oh great its good for my heart, I'm all for it!"

a pure long term vegan with no B 12 from any source (supplement,bee pollen) You know purposley trying to get something you already get from meat, you WILL "eventually" die or suffer some serious diseases. Such as dimentia, anemia, high homoscysteine and possibly death. There is also very real immune suppression, So you know vegans have high rates of cancer of the brain and reproductive organs. To areas which need animal fats to be healthy. Why do you think parents have been sent to jail from feeding their kids vegan diets? Because the kids have had very slow develpoment and brain damage.

Sign in to follow this