Tabula Rasa

Tao de Lurker

Welcome! :P

A space to practice the art of lurking and de-lurking.

As with breath awareness, notice the space before posting, in between posts, and after posting.

Then pause another moment to listen to the thunderous applause from the lurkers.

noisy type-talk throng

forum in perfect balance

lurkers ooze stillness

no-thing to be said

life is talking through me

i am listening

tip toe in the Tao

dip a toe into the flow

shhh...no one will know!

With thanks to all forum lurkers throughout the Internet Universe who create perfect balance in the pattern.

yep- nice creation- often i find that the forums are thoroughly "said-"

so lurking, as yinny as it may be, allow for the space not generally noticed on forums and blogs.

but without the white background, these black letters would be lost.

funny that to increase "rank" on the forum, you have to contribute- but i guess both of those things end up on the yangy side of the hill..

discussions filled up

answers swirling through ether

no need for another word!

yep- nice creation- often i find that the forums are thoroughly "said-"

discussions filled up

answers swirling through ether

no need for another word!

so lurking, as yinny as it may be, allow for the space not generally noticed on forums and blogs.

but without the white background, these black letters would be lost.

funny that to increase "rank" on the forum, you have to contribute- but i guess both of those things end up on the yangy side of the hill..

Now there's a great idea for a Tao Bum member feature....an option in "my controls" to choose whether one becomes a Tao Bum by increasing post count, or by time passed in membership without posting anything! :lol:

*** Thanks for bringing my typo to my attention, evZENy! I edited to fix "with" to "without". :)

Edited by Tabula Rasa

whether one becomes a Tao Bum by increasing post count, or by time passed in membership with posting anything! :lol:

Better yet - time in reading and posting nothing :-)?

Welcome! :P

A space to practice the art of lurking and de-lurking.

As with breath awareness, notice the space before posting, in between posts, and after posting.

Then pause another moment to listen to the thunderous applause from the lurkers.

noisy type-talk throng

forum in perfect balance

lurkers ooze stillness

no-thing to be said

life is talking through me

i am listening

tip toe in the Tao

dip a toe into the flow

shhh...no one will know!

:) You sure have a way with words

With thanks to all forum lurkers throughout the Internet Universe who create perfect balance in the pattern.

You're quite welcome!! :)

Anyone care to help me learn how to add photos and youtubes to a post, since for some lame reason I haven't been able to figure it out yet? :D:)

Thanks much,

Carol

Anyone care to help me learn how to add photos and youtubes to a post, since for some lame reason I haven't been able to figure it out yet? :D:)

Thanks much,

Carol

in the post editor, there is the "bold"symbol, etc; just right of the text color, is a globe/chain image (link); then a picture of a tree: use this for uploading images. as for embedding youtube, i am not that techhy..

btw, i started a post string in the "Tech Support" section of the site- on the bottom of the main page..

called "How Do I.."

hopefully this would be a good place for answers to come to us from the great beyond.

picture of a tree: use this for uploading images.

Requires URL. For files on my PC I get

Sorry, dynamic pages in the tags are not allowed

Requires URL. For files on my PC I get

Sorry, dynamic pages in the med_gallery_40054_89_106574.jpg

(i copied the url (rt-clik on image in my gallery) and then pasted into URL loc..)

or, i just noticed you can "attach" files in the post editor, below primary text box, above smileys.

still no info about youtubes tho.