NoIdea

Energetic Healing- What is it? How is it done?

Guest paul walter

I have been and acupuncturist for the las 15 year, treating patients of all sort of aliements. In my opinions de best book about medical qigong its Dr. Jerry Alan Johnsons.

It used to be a one volumen of more than a 1000 pages. Now its divided in 5 volumes.

http://www.qigongmedicine.com/catalog.php?...p;id_categ=3195

It has almost everything: treatment protocols, exercises for the patiens, Daoyin, self healiing, channeling qi, practices to develop healing habilities, all the theory regarding TCM view of sickness.

I believe that the info in this volumens its priceless for any healing modality you choose.

Peace,

Sandino.

It's a good recommend as a reference text (incredible even) but I think in terms of learning from it and practice you can't do that much. you have to do the course/dvd's to find the right way to practice-which is how it should be since there is some powerful stuff there that could stuff you or others up if practiced wrongly. Paul

Thanks everyone, I need to do some more reading before I will respond.

There are some greatly informative replies here, much appreciated.

I wont reply further until I have read each post properly and clarified some things.

Thanks again.

It's a good recommend as a reference text (incredible even) but I think in terms of learning from it and practice you can't do that much. you have to do the course/dvd's to find the right way to practice-which is how it should be since there is some powerful stuff there that could stuff you or others up if practiced wrongly. Paul

Its true, i agree.

If you have something that needs to be healed, it will continue to attract more of the same until you fix the problem. Protection techniques can minimize the symptoms, but an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure. Better still, when you have healed yourself of a specific problem you are qualified to help other people to be healed of the same problem.

I had my teacher who was able to show me many ways to protect myself.

Of course, most of these dangers can be avoided if you develop the positive vibration of your energy body to a very high degree before you start working on other people. What I mean by this is that you do a lot of meditation for a number of years, learn yourself and the feel of your own energy very well, and become very emotionally balance, and you will be immune to things with a lower, more gross vibration.

What are some of these ways to protect yourself?

Robert Bruce recommends White light visualizations and Salt Baths.

What else Ive noticed is the building of shields. Anything that eats energy is normally not turned off by a shield unless you make it painful to digest. Such as adding a fire element and adding programming/intent. It can and will burn depending on what you want it to do, depends on the time and energy put in.

The practice of looking inward is great as it allows you to find issues that arise, or catch them as they arise. Be it negetive emotion and energy from a client or entity. It only takes a bit of practice to learn how to heal without taking on someone elses pain. That is a beginner mistake in itself.

Supporting Mokona.

I've been taught not to go with the amazing feeling on expansion outwards. Always go inwards, be sure to accumulate and store your energy in the Dan Tien at the end of the practice, do not practice projections unless you are advanced enough.

Edited by evZENy

....Always go inwards, be sure to accumulate and store your energy in the Dan Tien at the end of the practice, do not practice projections unless you are advanced enough.

Good advice.

In fact, many of the posts on this thread are good advice. However, I would like to go a little more in depth with my experience with this.

Even though I am the first to say there are many things we do not (yet) know about energetics, what I have found is there are some consistencies with energy healing. These consistencies that I and others have found do not really mesh with some of the things taught about energy healing. Don't wish to argue any of these points so take them as the ravings of a mad man then learn the truth for yourself if that is what you wish. OR take this to heart.

1) Don't do energy healing unless you KNOW in your heart that is what you are supposed to do. It is not as easy as one may think and there are many implications concerning doing this.

2) Don't attempt to do energy healing unless you have practiced a powerful internal qigong system. See 3) as to why. It is all about raising the energy body vibration rate.

3) Don't practice energy healing of any kind unless you have the ability to recognize sick qi and know how to deal with it. I have never seen, in all my years, any energy healer from any system that gets by doing energy healing for an extended period of time without ill health effects UNLESS they recognize this. Of course some of you may say but I have been doing it for _ years and I feel fine and I don't practice qigong. If this is the case then there are only 2 possibilities. One is that you are not powerful enough to displace the sick energy from the patients body or two is that it simply hasn't caught up with you YET. I have worked on many healers who have developed problems with this (in fact I have 3 that I am seeing right now, so when I say many I mean close to a hundred or more). They all thought that as long as they were doing good there was no such thing as sick qi.

4) Align yourself with the Light. It doesn't matter what you call it, but in order to help insure you are not interfering with the patient's destiny and to have the best possible outcome you must do this.

5) Energy healing that has a basis is SO much more complete that the types that do not. Medical qigong has a basis. Many of the "new age" techniques do not have this extensive background. Medical qigong has specific healing techniques for specific problems.

6) Without proper training you CAN harm yourself and others; don't do it. Yes there are natural energy healers. They need training too.

After I did a course in cosmic healing with Mantak Chia I thought I 'd help out someone who had a cold coming on. They asked me to. So I swept cosmic energy through their lungs to clean it and filled it with violet light and asked the sick cells to leave as taught. And left bright white light to finish. All of this energy called from the cosmos.

The person, who has never really been ill at all before or since, spent a week in bed, quite collapsed. No worrying symptoms, but sleeping a lot and feeling really weak and generally feeling in physical crisis.

I didnt feel too thrilled with my healing ability, I can tell you.

The most I have done since then, on other people, is acupressure and intentionally charging the atmosphere of a room with healing energy, very g e n t l y, and cleansing a room, intentionally. And the effects of this have been good. I have only done the most gentle of things though, never using anywhere near full strength power.

So yes, I think healing is a fine art, and I agree with Ya Mu to be wary about it, from all points of view.

I also know someone who gave a healing treament on someone healthy who practically immediately got cancer... my belief is that it was a dormant state she had within her in at that time,which was a particularly difficult time for her emotionally, and the healing brought it to the surface, and the woman died. My belief it that her cancerous cells may well have reverted to normal had they been undisturbed by the treatment.

;)

I just want to make it crystal clear that I dont think doing healing is safe, unless you have a lot of training. I was ostensibly 'certified' to do some healing by M Chia, but no... I dont think so. I think it was massively premature certification, I think that one needs a supervisor, too.

Very good points Ya Mu! This attitude towards healing is very rare indeed. But very much needed! Especially point 3 and 4. Though I believe it takes more than just aligning oneself to the light. It takes real awarenes to what is really happening on the subtle levels and in the blindspots. To align oneself to light is easily learned in a weekend workshop. But the real awarenes takes years of real good education and experience. And to see the blindspots in your own work takes serious courage!

I have not met many healers that pay attention to this concept in their work. It is very very rare.

Very good points Ya Mu! This attitude towards healing is very rare indeed. But very much needed! Especially point 3 and 4. Though I believe it takes more than just aligning oneself to the light. It takes real awarenes to what is really happening on the subtle levels and in the blindspots. To align oneself to light is easily learned in a weekend workshop. But the real awarenes takes years of real good education and experience. And to see the blindspots in your own work takes serious courage!

I have not met many healers that pay attention to this concept in their work. It is very very rare.

Yes I agree that it takes years to develop the awareness and much needed training. I just meant that is is all for nothing without aligning oneself with Tao (wu wei)/ the Light / God / Divine / Spirit or however a person wants to name. But I don't think a person can really do this wholly without the developed awareness.

I teach the Warrior's S.H.I.E.L.D.which is Shielding, Help (prayer), INTENT (quantum not linear), Listening (which is what you are describing as years to develop awareness), and Detachment (detach oneself from outcome once INTENT is set) as a method to summarize these concepts. Core is raising the energy body vibration rate through time&effort energy practice as well as different techniques of energy manipulation for different dis-ease.

Yes I agree that it takes years to develop the awareness and much needed training. I just meant that is is all for nothing without aligning oneself with Tao (wu wei)/ the Light / God / Divine / Spirit or however a person wants to name. But I don't think a person can really do this wholly without the developed awareness.

I teach the Warrior's S.H.I.E.L.D.which is Shielding, Help (prayer), INTENT (quantum not linear), Listening (which is what you are describing as years to develop awareness), and Detachment (detach oneself from outcome once INTENT is set) as a method to summarize these concepts. Core is raising the energy body vibration rate through time&effort energy practice as well as different techniques of energy manipulation for different dis-ease.

Great! I hope more people come to you for learning these things instead of the weekend-workshop delutional new-age healers! :rolleyes:

Cat,

I have found a similar pattern in my own experience with energy work--- that the energy brings the seeds to fruition. When I get sick, I usually get knocked down for 12 hours, with another 12 for recovery. My wife gets the same virus but she is less sick for longer periods of time, up to a few weeks.

My old TCC teacher explained this is why sometimes you get worse before you get better.

I like what both Ya Mu and Ming-Dao have to say.

Cat,

I have found a similar pattern in my own experience with energy work--- that the energy brings the seeds to fruition. When I get sick, I usually get knocked down for 12 hours, with another 12 for recovery. My wife gets the same virus but she is less sick for longer periods of time, up to a few weeks.

My old TCC teacher explained this is why sometimes you get worse before you get better.

I like what both Ya Mu and Ming-Dao have to say.

hi forest. I understand the principle of a healing crisis... and indeed I have experienced it myself from acupuncture and cupping interventions which have laid me flat out in a dire state for a week.

When I feel a virus/illness attempting to take residence in me, I can get rid of it very quickly with circulation of fresh energy and concentrated neigung.

But I know that healers can take on seriously sticky chi which can rush to take up residence within organs and not necessarily cause immediate apparent symptoms. Dangerous.