NoIdea

Energetic Healing- What is it? How is it done?

Hi All and Peace.

THis is my first post on the fine forum.

Im wondering what other people here may know about or may like to share about "energetic healing" (reiki, bioenergetics, TFT,EFT, pranic healing, quantum healing, energy resonance therapy, etc)

Ive experienced sessions before that have been very powerful, but the therapists have always been very very cagey and secretive about how its done.

They dont appear to follow any strict lifestyle habits (yoga/qigong/martial arts/cultivation) either.

It seems that they have probably paid a lot of money to be somehow tuned into being able to perform energy work on others, but I dont know.

Some of these modalities and teachers are a fairly new phenomenon, and therapy clinics and therapists are starting to appear in the last few years.

Does anyone know about any of this stuff?

Hi All and Peace.

Im wondering what other people here may know about or may like to share about "energetic healing" (reiki, bioenergetics, TFT,EFT, pranic healing, quantum healing, energy resonance therapy, etc)

Ive experienced sessions before that have been very powerful, but the therapists have always been very very cagey and secretive about how its done.

They dont appear to follow any strict lifestyle habits (yoga/qigong/martial arts/cultivation) either.

It seems that they have probably paid a lot of money to be somehow tuned into being able to perform energy work on others, but I dont know.

Some of these modalities and teachers are a fairly new phenomenon, and therapy clinics and therapists are starting to appear in the last few years.

Anything that makes a healer more sensitive (Practice) or builds the internal power (Practice) is used after the intitial learning takes place, I've been using Reiki since I was around 17-18 and I really enjoy it. I cant say that I always know hwat is going on, but I practice most often on distance targets and have had good results, or just neutral results. I never had formal teaching so I am self learned with all of my self doubts. :)

The Bandhas worked well for me, and since so much of my power comes from my chest I used to do deep chest breathing, until I learned that the stomach can be pulled into it as well.

Edit: Many systems are available but the flavors are all different, Usui/Kundalini Reiki has worked best for me, although I continually look to deepen my understanding of healing, The Where/How/Why and how to be more proficient.

I learned how to deal a bit with specific Aspects of people smaller pieces of the whole, its like talking to a child, or many children. It just keeps getting deeper. At some point, Im sure that my head will explode.

Edited by Mokona

To give you a little more straight forward information, most energy healing modalities are just different ways to project your chi out of your hands and to a client. In medical qi gong this is done just through practice alone and mentally directed qi flow. Pranic Healing and Quantum Touch are basically the same as qi gong, just with slightly different techniques to trigger the healing response. Also, Quantum Touch focuses a lot of tracking the energy around the patient.

In order to do reiki you must be given a series of attunements, where a master practitioner does a ritual and adjusts your energy closer to the reiki "frequency" that they are emitting. This is basically the same way that shaktipat works in the Hindu tradition. After a number of attunements and practice, the student is able to produce as much healing energy as their teacher. In any of the many forms of reiki (Usui Reiki is basically the original) it is important that you have a teacher who has had a lot of practice and is very good at channeling the energy, as it will greatly speed up your development.

Though I do forewarn: I was very energetically sensitive, and when I received my first reiki attunement, my entire energy body was thrown open and I was bombarded with psychic impressions for months. This experience was traumatizing to my ego (which was a good thing in the long run), but way too much spiritual growth for me all at once. But I don't mean to scare you away from reiki, it is a great system and that does not normally (what is normal?) happen to most people :D

PS: If you do qi gong with reiki, it will make the energy flow much more smoothly and powerfully, I have found.

Guest paul walter

Hi All and Peace.

What they call energy healing can be done by anyone depending on the modality (the type of practice). Everyone has the capacity to resonate (vibrate sympathetically with bodies) and learning that technique is quick and easy and super effective sometimes ( but funnily enough it is not common to find these techniques being shared in the west at least), whereas radiance (emitting chi/life force from your body, mostly from the hands) usually requires some building up of chi in the form of qigong etc before you have enough power to 'share'. Something like EFT is a terrific start for the beginner (literally can be learnt in minutes and is so potentially effective that the jerk who 'created' it was charging $120,000 to learn it in the early 80's!!) ) and uses the bodies own energy to heal in an immediate and deep way based on the stimulation of accupuncture points on the body. Use it when you injure yourself as first aid- can be used for psychological purposes too. You can pick up EFT and other things on youtube and elsewhere. there are an endless number of things appearing now under the banner of 'energy healing' and they are all part of the tao/life force and their use and effectiveness seems limited only by our ability to embrace and understand the universe from which we all come. no doubt many people will post here and you may get confused at the number and descriptions of the modes of healing. books are appearing at a great rate about both the techniques and hard science /theory behind them. i recommend: Vibrational Medicine:Richard Gerber (a bit of a classic intro)

The Energy Healing Experiments:Dr. Gary E Schwartz

almost any book by Ervin Laszlo will give you the latest western quantum physics explanations which 'explain' the new scientific understanding behind the ancient science of energy. These can be real eye/mind openers and they aren't hard to follow either. Recommend

Science and the Akashic field:an integral theory of everything.

The Akashic Experience: Science and the Cosmic Memory Field

Science and the Re-enchantment of the Cosmos: The rise of the integral vision of reality.

Also the qigong research going on by Yan Xin and colleagues are cutting edge-there is a thread on it up at the moment on TTB.

It's all happening on planet Earth these days...Paul

Oh and EFT and TFT are tapping techniques that are designed to break up energy blockages. This is just like shiatsu, only it uses sudden repeated pressure rather than extended deep pressure. Also with these emotional freedom techniques, you can tell that they are working when the person has a sudden, unexpected emotional outburst. Basically the blocked up or suppressed emotion is pushed free.

Edit: Paul beat me to the punch.

Edited by Zhuo Ming-Dao

To give you a little more straight forward information, most energy healing modalities are just different ways to project your chi out of your hands and to a client. In medical qi gong this is done just through practice alone and mentally directed qi flow. Pranic Healing and Quantum Touch are basically the same as qi gong, just with slightly different techniques to trigger the healing response. Also, Quantum Touch focuses a lot of tracking the energy around the patient.

In order to do reiki you must be given a series of attunements, where a master practitioner does a ritual and adjusts your energy closer to the reiki "frequency" that they are emitting. This is basically the same way that shaktipat works in the Hindu tradition. After a number of attunements and practice, the student is able to produce as much healing energy as their teacher. In any of the many forms of reiki (Usui Reiki is basically the original) it is important that you have a teacher who has had a lot of practice and is very good at channeling the energy, as it will greatly speed up your development.

Though I do forewarn: I was very energetically sensitive, and when I received my first reiki attunement, my entire energy body was thrown open and I was bombarded with psychic impressions for months. This experience was traumatizing to my ego (which was a good thing in the long run), but way too much spiritual growth for me all at once. But I don't mean to scare you away from reiki, it is a great system and that does not normally (what is normal?) happen to most people :D

PS: If you do qi gong with reiki, it will make the energy flow much more smoothly and powerfully, I have found.

Do you do any distance work? I like to practice with others, as the effects I have on myself are more subtle, how would you feel as to working via PM a few times?

Just a reminder:

One can do energy healing using his Chi or channeling it from Around/Above/Tao etc.

The first can be pretty damaging and the reason why many healers die young.

Otherwise, if I can use the famous saying here, where the Nature of Energy Healing would replace Truth:

"Ekam Sat, Vipraha bahuda vadanti" Rigveda

(Truth is one, the wise call it by different names)

Edited by evZENy

Just a reminder:

One can do energy healing using his Chi or channeling it from Around/Above/Tao etc.

The first can be pretty damaging and the reason why many healers die young.

Otherwise, if I can use the famous saying here, where the Nature of Energy Healing would replace Truth:

"Ekam Sat, Vipraha bahuda vadanti" Rigveda

(Truth is one, the wise call it by different names)

The vibration of Chi always feels so much more physical than something like channeling. I'd love to better understand how to use my chi to heal myself and others, if you could expound on that just a bit, maybe some basic instruction on how to flow it within for a good healing effect. Micro/Macro cosmic orbit?

The vibration of Chi always feels so much more physical than something like channeling. I'd love to better understand how to use my chi to heal myself and others, if you could expound on that just a bit, maybe some basic instruction on how to flow it within for a good healing effect. Micro/Macro cosmic orbit?

Do you REALLY think you are going to learn to do this from the internet? Would you like anyone to explain brain surgery in an internet post and then you go out and do it? It wouldn't be as potentially dangerous as telling you how to do medical qigong energy healing in a post then you go out and do it.

There are some good medical qigong teachers all over the world. Find one.

Do you REALLY think you are going to learn to do this from the internet? Would you like anyone to explain brain surgery in an internet post and then you go out and do it? It wouldn't be as potentially dangerous as telling you how to do medical qigong energy healing in a post then you go out and do it.

There are some good medical qigong teachers all over the world. Find one.

Actually Astral Dynamics goes into great internet detail, also so do many books. I was just curious as to other experiences as I have been working alone and on and off for a few years now. My favorite form of learning is hands on with many different and varied people.

I don't expect to get everything right, but I am sure that I can slow down and work out any issues I come across if things get to be too much.

Other than that I appreciate your concern, but I am definetly on the right track. Besides the friends I have been able to attract - I have one or two fairly adept female mystics looking out for me via projection. Although, it begs the question: "How does one remove astral collars?" :huh: It almost makes me feel like property.

My heart says to keep going, this is my love, my will caught fire and tells me never give up, my legs are steady and provide my base. :P (I just made a warcry!) B)

Edit: My navel was telling me to make a creative silly warcry. Missed that on the go around. :blink:

- James

Edited by Mokona

Actually Astral Dynamics goes into great internet detail, also so do many books. I was just curious as to other experiences as I have been working alone and on and off for a few years now. My favorite form of learning is hands on with many different and varied people.

I don't expect to get everything right, but I am sure that I can slow down and work out any issues I come across if things get to be too much.

Other than that I appreciate your concern, but I am definetly on the right track. Besides the friends I have been able to attract - I have one or two fairly adept female mystics looking out for me via projection. Although, it begs the question: "How does one remove astral collars?" :huh: It almost makes me feel like property.

My heart says to keep going, this is my love, my will caught fire and tells me never give up, my legs are steady and provide my base. :P (I just made a warcry!) B)

Edit: My navel was telling me to make a creative silly warcry. Missed that on the go around. :blink:

- James

Well, you asked about energy healing on a Taoist forum; medical qigong IS the energy healing form from China. And one DOES NOT go around learning this hither thither but by studying it for a LONG time. Most programs are 3-4 years minimum. To "play around" with this is both dangerous to the person doing it AND to the person who is getting it done to them.

I have one or two fairly adept female mystics looking out for me via projection. Although, it begs the question: "How does one remove astral collars?" :huh: It almost makes me feel like property.

And THIS is disturbing. What are playing around with...

I am definetly on the right track. Besides the friends I have been able to attract - I have one or two fairly adept female mystics looking out for me via projection. Although, it begs the question: "How does one remove astral collars?" :huh: It almost makes me feel like property.
"Definitely" on the right track...yet are concerned about being collared like a pet? :lol:

Anyhow, has anyone heard of the Yuen Method by Dr. Kam Yuen? Kinda New-Agey, but has an interesting demo. Looks like he combines muscle-testing with energetics.

P2l7HEzVHzQ

However, I'm curious how he does his apparent on-the-spot diagnosis?

0AUMRGNbC34

However, these stage demos could also be typical of cooperative patients who tend to comply when put on the spot..

So, has anyone had any firsthand experience with him or his method?

I have tried it twice, without enough instruction. The course was designed so that it was mostly self taught with some guidance. It was Chinese medical qigong type wai qi therapy.

The first time it worked really well. The girl I worked on had relief of chronic depression and insomnia for about 24 hours. I also felt good afterward. The second time, the effect wasn't as good for her and I also seemed to pick up some of her negative emotions, and they held for the rest of the night. I have some theories as to why it happened...

But my point is that it's hard to know for sure you're doing it right, without either being taught well and watched over, or being able to see what you're doing energetically. I don't care to experiment any further, because the first rule in medicine is "do no harm."

"Definitely" on the right track...yet are concerned about being collared like a pet?

Humor extends to even the highest levels :)

Wow, thanks for the prompt replies.

Without Quoting anyone, im just responding in general to all of them.

RE:Zhuo Ming Dao

I became aware that Quantum Touch was qigong after watching some of the "Core Transformation" Videos, where the teacher for some reason mentioned qigong (Although Richard Gordon makes no mention of it at all in the first QT video set).

Im familiar with usui reiki although I havent done any training/attunments yet.

RE: Paul Walter

Thanks for your recommendations.

Regarding the "endless number of things appearing under the banner of energy healing", are they all derived originally form qigong? or is there a western counterpart to it?

RE: Generally

Im confused as to how it is taught and performed, and if I wanted to learn Energetic Healing , do I have to spend years reading lots of books, doing basic reiki, pranic,eft etc until being taught advanced methods/attunments"?

Does being able to do this type of thing require many years and an ongoing set of disciplines (physical/mental/dietary/spiritual)?

or Does it just Co$t a Lot Of Ca$h and a couple of years to get good at.

Ive been wanting some answers and recently got the idea of posting here.

Any answers appreciated.

Thanks again for your general replies.

Edited by NoIdea

Guest paul walter

RE: Paul Walter

Thanks for your recommendations.

Are you familiar with the work of Wilhelm Reich/Orgonomy/Bioenergetics?

Firstly, I am self-taught in what I know and have used on myself and others in regards what they call energy medicine. I've learnt (at least the basics) of various modalities to great effect in the last few years, having had to deal with serious and on-going injury and systemic problems as well as helping some other people with physical/psychological problems.

About Reich: yes, a little. You would probably have to do a course on this to learn bioenergetics. I think there is much more interesting and effective stuff around than this in my opinion.

Regarding the "endless number of things appearing under the banner of energy healing", are they all derived originally form qigong? or is there a western counterpart to it?

The short answer is no, it's not from Qigong. There has always been western (in fact all old cultures have this understanding about healing) counterparts, either secretive (like a lot of qigong practice and healing was/is) or more generally available to people. Wise women, witchcraft, ceremonies, crystals/stones, etc. There is an interesting theory that is probably never going to be substantiated that Taoists around the 1980's started introducing their powerful wisdom and healing practices back into the world and the west in particular in order to redress the balance of a badly declining human social order and planet. This kind of fits with the old tales and history of Taoists retreating to the mountains in order to save their arses (and their knowledge too!) when times got rough in society and returning at oppurtune times to give knowledge that would help mankind get back to sanity. No way of proving this (even if a lot of 'activity' in this regard has happened from those years onwards), nice story though.

The thing qigong has going for it is the clinical claims, cutting edge scientific research/validation, and millenia long practices/observations/refinements backing it up. It is an area that shows a rapidly expanding interest from all sectors (science, patients, doctors/health practitioners) and I imagine one day it may even replace acupuncture as a therapeutic tool, both in terms of it's effectiveness and the relative 'ease' with which you can apply it to yourself (given the appropriate gong or practice for a particular ailment), as well as the depth of healing possible. The training of qigong healers is another matter-it can take a decade or more to be able to emit appropriate amounts/frequencies.

So much of all these energy practices come directly out of the Chinese stuff (and lets not forget the ancient Indian influences) and there's always someone trying to make a buck out of it all and claim difference and originality while taking your eye off the source/principals. It's all coming from the same source (universe(s)) but we are just getting round to understanding where the ancients were thousands of years ago-that everything is unified, that chaos/order are one, that there are infinite possibilities once the principles of this understanding is embraced. hope this doesn't sound too heavy-just trying to say, if you get to know what they like to call the scientific principles of how energy 'works' then you are in more of a position to choose what you want to learn in the field. There are some powerful things out there now, even some of the well known modalities are extremely effective done right (EFT, Quantum Touch, TFT).

Im confused as to how it is taught and performed, and if I wanted to learn Energetic Healing , do I have to spend years reading lots of books, doing basic reiki, pranic,eft etc until I am "worthy" of being taught

more "closed door" methods/attunments"?

Tapping is energetic healing- I learnt it in five minutes from a description on a print out and it can change lives. Depends on what you want to do-if you want to emit chi and impress people then you may have to wait a while, practice a lot and pay a bit. A lot of the teachings on offer make it out like you couldn't learn things except from that place for that amount-I've seen a lot of obscuring and verbal gobbledygook put out in order to impress you with the esoterics of energy healing. Some people do the courses but they aren't that good at the practice because they 1) don't understand energy in relation to their own existence and how natural it is.

2) aren't cut out to be healers/don't like people or themselves.

3)can't empty themselves properly to let the energy do the healing (the more you interrupt through thought/talking/ego/whatever often means more you block a consistent flow of healing energy). Grab yourself a few books and start learning now if that's your thing, don't waste time asking poeple like me for my long-winded explanations and opinions :) .

Does being able to do this type of thing require many years and an ongoing set of dsiciplines (physical/mental/dietary/spiritual)?

The short answer is no no no and no. Unless you do Qigong and some similar practices. I think doing energy healing can help you become a very different, more confident person in relation to yourself and your existence (if you aren't there already). It's been a real journey for me What you expect from it or are hesitant about it today may be gone tomorrow because of what you learn.

Good Luck Paul

But my point is that it's hard to know for sure you're doing it right, without either being taught well and watched over, or being able to see what you're doing energetically. I don't care to experiment any further, because the first rule in medicine is "do no harm."

Good realization Scott, this is serious stuff that requires great sobriety.

Im confused as to how it is taught and performed, and if I wanted to learn Energetic Healing , do I have to spend years reading lots of books, doing basic reiki, pranic,eft etc until I am "worthy" of being taught more "closed door" methods/attunments"?

Does being able to do this type of thing require many years and an ongoing set of dsiciplines (physical/mental/dietary/spiritual)?

In regard to the "are they all drived from qigong".

I was with a Cherokee medicine man. After doing energy healings, he said there was an exercise that helped clear out the negative energetics absorbed. This was identical to a qigong exercise. Further delving into this, I found there was not a whole lot of difference in what was being done in the energy healings between the shamanistic approach and the medical qigong. BOTH paths required great commitment and pursuit with the heart of a warrior.

It boils down to truth is truth no matter what culture it comes from. But as Paul said, the medical qigong has a basis much broader in spectrum and history of use than many of the "new age" approaches. Some of these approaches are missing the full spectrum of what is needed for a person to do this on a continuous basis. It is simply too powerful to play around with.

Many years and discipline? Yes

But if you really want to learn this there are several medical qigong schools in the USA and Europe. Unless you have connections in China it would be more difficult to find a really good program.

First learn a powerful qigong cultivation form. I recommend an internal form and external movements.

Do you have to spend years reading books.... Books are good for reading ABOUT medical qigong but they do nothing to actually teach you how to (you will get those on this forum that will argue this is not true, but this is my experience). I have a student that has just about every book written on energy healing. For several years he pursued this doing intense study. One day he was remarking to a friend of his who happened to be one of my student about how frustrating it was that he didn't intimately know energetics. He only knew ABOUT energetics. My student told him to pack up all his books and come to one of my workshops. He did and now has an intimate understanding of energetics. He can manipulate energy very well and continues to study with me.

If you feel really drawn to do energy healing come to one of my next two workshops; I'll teach you a powerful internal form, some movements, and have you doing introductory qi manipulation by the end of the workshop. You must then practice daily the forms you have learned DAILY and not attempt to use the projection techniques for 6 months, then use them with only a very few people for at least a year. Then, if you wish to continue and learn more advanced techniques you can enter my certification program or find someone else's program. I offer a 500 hour certification program in medical qigong.

Mokona,

I've had several interesting events to share.

My daughter was developing asthma symptoms coughing in the night etc. (as the TCM suggests - often after 2 AM). In few occasions while doing my Tai Chi (Qigong) practice and being well connected, my body was moved to my daughter's room, next to her bed and body and my hands did certain things over it. Which I basically just observed.

Discussing with my Tai Chi teacher and my TCM teacher, they suggested I've been helping her without me actually being involved - the appropriate arms were used for removal of blockages, stagnated energy and for addition of new one.

My understanding is, that this should be the state in which one works with others. Similar to what the Reiki people claim (yet I can't start liking it as a method - from the way it was "created" to the way it sells).

We have a friend healer, who heals us all the way from Germany - does reading on us, emits energy and gives advice on needed changes in the lifestyle and diet.

In her own words, in order to do this, she meditates many hours a day, keeps a really strict diet and purifies her Energy. Also in her case - very strong Christian belief.

So energy healing is around.

In my school we believe that all you need is to be really pure, practice lots of Chi gathering and purification, work on Jing movement and projection.

Healing is just the side effect of being one with Tao.

The lowest level of which is the martial art application. Then followed by healing. Then insights in time. And finally dissolving as a rain drop in the Ocean.

So just become a real man of Tao - the rest will follow! As it is just the natural state of Being.

Hopefully this does NOT help and you either find a good teacher (and more importantly - good reason) to think and work on this. Or just forget it.

The thing qigong has going for it is the clinical claims, cutting edge scientific research/validation, and millenia long practices/observations/refinements backing it up. It is an area that shows a rapidly expanding interest from all sectors (science, patients, doctors/health practitioners) and I imagine one day it may even replace acupuncture as a therapeutic tool, both in terms of it's effectiveness and the relative 'ease' with which you can apply it to yourself (given the appropriate gong or practice for a particular ailment), as well as the depth of healing possible. The training of qigong healers is another matter-it can take a decade or more to be able to emit appropriate amounts/frequencies.
Yea, that's what I really respect about qigong.

It's been empirically refined down to its fundamental nuts & bolts, minus much of the flowery, prosaic, vague generalities... I don't think most other energetic practices focus so much on hardcore qi cultivation with hours upon hours of controlled meditative breathwork. It's kind of like sure, everybody knows how to run...but an Olympic sprinter training daily under a top track coach is gonna to run a helluva lot better than you - given far more regular effort and technical know-how.

Most "Michelin men" with a lot of qi didn't just get it quickly with some fluffy New Age techniques. Most of them had to develop it with hardcore practice the 'ol skool qigong way..

Also,

a good start good be the methods, in which the energy of the other person is manipulated without any energy flow from the giver at all.

That would be things like acupuncture and acupressure (e.g. Shiatsu, Atma, Atmena, Jin Shin Do, Su Jok, Tuina etc.)

I know you don't have these in mind, but they are a good way to learn to interact with the energy of others as well as teach you more about your own before you jump into using it.

The trick to receiving is being open. A good teacher can speed up the process, but so can life experience if you approach it in the right way. Stop thinking so much and trying to dissect your life. It isn't about understanding anything intellectually. You already have everything you need; the problem is that you also have so much other stuff that you don't need getting in the way. There is no shortage of teachers along the way who will help, if you are willing. They can be difficult to recognize because they rarely come in the form you are expecting.

I have been and acupuncturist for the las 15 year, treating patients of all sort of aliements. In my opinions de best book about medical qigong its Dr. Jerry Alan Johnsons.

It used to be a one volumen of more than a 1000 pages. Now its divided in 5 volumes.

http://www.qigongmedicine.com/catalog.php?...p;id_categ=3195

It has almost everything: treatment protocols, exercises for the patiens, Daoyin, self healiing, channeling qi, practices to develop healing habilities, all the theory regarding TCM view of sickness.

I believe that the info in this volumens its priceless for any healing modality you choose.

Peace,

Sandino.

Makota - It is very true that Robert Bruce gives some excellent techniques that will turn you into an energy healer in very shot order but just following the practices that he explains on the internet. But you should also take a moment and read his other book, Practical Psychic Self Defense. When you dabble with energy healing without some kind of teacher... well you are just asking to get burned. Robert's personal experiences should prove that. There are ways to minimize the danger, like not working with people with extreme depression issues or with those who are using heavy/psychedelic drugs. But even with those precautions, there can be a lot of danger, which a skilled teacher can help you to avoid or can come to your rescue when you are waste deep.

When I first began reiki I worked on a friend of mine who had a serious eating disorder. During the treatment I felt a very horrible burning sensation go from him into me and up my arm. Moments later I heard a voice in my head which said some pretty terrible things. I ended the treatment, of course, but the damage had been done. For four nights I experienced a string of the most vivid night-terrors imaginable. On the fifth day I had the opportunity to go to a community of healers who were able to remove my "problem" and I had my teacher who was able to show me many ways to protect myself. After that I did not experience anything more. I don't know what I would have done if I was just dabbling in these things on my own when this happened.

My post was not intended to scare off any potential healers, but just to say that there are many potential dangers and a well trained teacher can go a very long way to helping. I specify with well trained because I have met many gifted/natural born healers who did not really understand how their power worked and could not offer very sound or specific advice when questions arose.

Of course, most of these dangers can be avoided if you develop the positive vibration of your energy body to a very high degree before you start working on other people. What I mean by this is that you do a lot of meditation for a number of years, learn yourself and the feel of your own energy very well, and become very emotionally balance, and you will be immune to things with a lower, more gross vibration.

My post was not intended to scare off any potential healers, but just to say that there are many potential dangers and a well trained teacher can go a very long way to helping. I specify with well trained because I have met many gifted/natural born healers who did not really understand how their power worked and could not offer very sound or specific advice when questions arose.

Of course, most of these dangers can be avoided if you develop the positive vibration of your energy body to a very high degree before you start working on other people. What I mean by this is that you do a lot of meditation for a number of years, learn yourself and the feel of your own energy very well, and become very emotionally balance, and you will be immune to things with a lower, more gross vibration.

Would you be willing to expand on what you consider a qualified teacher to help you out with those things?

Would you be able to point me in the direction at least of knowledge.

The second paragraph sounds great and something I'm honestly looking for. Although not at the expense of karmic dues.

Noidea, you seem to have a good grasp of the various qigongs.

Let me further distinguish as my teacher told me. There is dan-tien qi varieties of qigong healing, and non-dantien qi kind. With the dantien qi kind, I would totally agree with the people out there about needing vast amounts of training/experience, and for this healer to be very effective, the healer generally needs to be of a high level of spiritual cultivation. Hes gotta have juice. The energy is generally is directed to specific places by the healer.

The other kind is the channelling kind, like Reiki, but there are other kinds out there, which allows the healer to pour this energy into the patient through the energy gates, and the intelligence of the immune system/energy system of the patient takes care of where the qi goes. So not much training is required, just the attunement or ability. The attunement or lineage transfer is a kind of nadi-level awakening or manipulation of one's body. In the ancient times, many many people had such an ability.

In general, the higher up the spiritual path you get, the stronger the qi. The more heart energy or loving kindness, the stronger the qi. In my opinion healing is a great way to get closer to the Tao, aligning oneself with God, or whatever you want to call it, and that is why spiritual pathers tend to gravitate to this business.

Edited by de_paradise