DaoChild

The most powerful Qigong exercise you've experienced

Powerful should be defined as to be able to treat most illnesses / correct malfunctions in a very short time.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2015 at 11:24 PM, silent thunder said:

Fire Hands and Pranayama, (even though one is not technically qi gong, they both rock my paradigm continually).

Fire hands? May you say something more about it? Is it qi gong set by Lao Xie?

Edited by Jox

On 27/9/2017 at 4:17 AM, Vovi said:

Powerful should be defined as to be able to treat most illnesses / correct malfunctions in a very short time.

I'll try to revive this old topic starting by this quote. Which form do you think has the most health benefits?

I'm also very interested in forms that help focus and in general changes and improves the thinking and creative processes, both by helping insights and quieting the mind. So if someone has experience of that I'm ready to hear. Sorry if I approach QiGong as a begineer would, but that is what I am for now :blush:

I think most human beings have a lot of hidden trauma and best bet is doing something like TRE (trauma releasing exercises) and you will progress much much faster than with Qigong.   Really recommend.

And other thing is we are not going to "make it" !!!   So at some point one has to surrender fully totally socks and all to the source-consciousness-god-whirly-thing.   And that has to be done one way or the other.  Start today and give up !!!

Other than that ... BKF Dragon & Tiger is very good and comprehensive, and I think the 5 Animals of Michael Winn's are very good.   And other things are also good.

Edited by rideforever
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, rideforever said:

I think most human beings have a lot of hidden trauma and best bet is doing something like TRE (trauma releasing exercises) and you will progress much much faster than with Qigong.   Really recommend.

And other thing is we are not going to "make it" !!!   So at some point one has to surrender fully totally socks and all to the source-consciousness-god-whirly-thing.   And that has to be done one way or the other.  Start today and give up !!!

Other than that ... BKF Dragon & Tiger is very good and comprehensive, and I think the 5 Animals of Michael Winn's are very good.   And other things are also good.

TRE sounds interesting.  Have any recommended exercises or videos?

Edited by Fa Xin

1 hour ago, Fa Xin said:

TRE sounds interesting.  Have any recommended exercises or videos?

There's not many because they keep a closed shop, but it's basically 6 or 7 simple tension creating exercises, and then you lie on your back with butterfly legs and let them shake it out.   This woman shows what it is, and you can take it from there.

I also recommend this bioenergetics sequence which is quite amazing :

• Like 1

Flying phoenix qigong

It's really the only stuff I have done though. And not really meant for beginners I don't think. You do stuff like only breathing out 50% of your breathe.

I do it very occasionally and I like it because it is so simple.