Encephalon

Anyone have a Schumann Resonance link?

They are state-of-the-art acoustical suppositories.

I have no idea what that means. :)

MorePieGuy,

Far be it to actually discuss it. I guess I'll have a discussion with Google. Oh wait. Google can't talk. Or type. Or think.

So can someone explain to me the value of Schumann Resonance, and if it is scientifically verifiable?

MorePieGuy,

Far be it to actually discuss it. I guess I'll have a discussion with Google. Oh wait. Google can't talk. Or type. Or think.

So can someone explain to me the value of Schumann Resonance, and if it is scientifically verifiable?

There is plenty of information to be had on Google and Wikipedia about this phenomenon. I was at work so I didn't go into detail and assumed you might read up on your own about it.

In laymen's terms the Schumann is a natural radio station at 7.83 Hz the earth emits, that's a really simple explanation and may not be 100% scientifically accurate but that's the gist of it.

Has it been verified to exist scientifically? Yes, but I am not going to spend any more time digging up scientific verification of the Schumann resonance for you though, Wikipedia, the encyclopedia and Google can give you more than you would ever need anyway.

In terms of brainwaves 7.83hz is in the theta band, the same that is seen in REM sleep where your dreaming.

A lot of new age people believe that the Schumann frequency is the point where we link up to the collective unconscious, and exchange information in some sort of earth based wireless neural network.

I can say that brainwaves in the theta/delta border are where I personally believe the sweetspot is for meditation.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

I read the obvious places on the Schumann Resonance, which described what it is, but not what it is for. And the links others posted with audio files for download had dubious-sounding powers attributed to each audio file. I don't understand the connection between the frequency of the Earth and these different files.

They are state-of-the-art acoustical suppositories.

My apologies to 11:33 about the suppositories. I was being randomly rediculous.

I read the obvious places on the Schumann Resonance, which described what it is, but not what it is for. And the links others posted with audio files for download had dubious-sounding powers attributed to each audio file. I don't understand the connection between the frequency of the Earth and these different files.

Newagers believe if you use binaural beats to entrain the Schumann frequency you can tap into the collective unconscious earth brain internet. Maybe there right, who knows.

New age stuff is like a giant heap of horse shit with gold nuggets in it.

Sometimes you just wish you didn't have to dig in to find the nuggets, cus you might get poop on yourself in the process. It can be a very messy process.

I took a shower, but I can't get the poop smell off :blink:

On the other hand, maybe it's not just New Age stuff, but all of life: Mostly horse shit, a couple gold nuggets. :D

Edited by 11:33

Haven't used the Schumann Resonance freqs myself but a couple of friends on Transparent Corp who have dug deep into brainwave entrainment thought they were really overrated from the perspective of binaurals. They had a report on it's use published in the forum. I'll post it here if I can find it.

Edited by Siliconvalley1

http://www.scribd.com/doc/13988128/Physio-...nanda-Saraswati

:)

When subjects are in a deep meditative state, Bentov's machine measures an almost pure,

regular, S-shaped sine wave of large amplitude and moving at approximately 7 cycles/second.

This is opposed to an irregular wave in the baseline resting state before and after meditation.

Something happens in meditation which does not normally occur in most of our waking,

dreaming or sleeping lives. At the same time we enter a hypometabolic state in which our

breathing rate slows down and the oxygen need of our tissues lessens. We should note that it

is also possible to produce a sine wave on the ballistocardiograph by stopping our breath,

however, we quickly develop oxygen deficiency and have to overbreathe to restore balance.

In meditation, however, this does not occur; we are balanced at all levels.