Sign in to follow this  
DaoChild

Master Duan Zhi-Lian Wuji, strong 90 year old! (Video)

that form is actually the one from the dvd beginers qi gung found at whole foods! With garipolli (forgot first name) pretty powerful stuff actaully

I did a 2-day workshop with him. He is a pretty cool guy. His qi was OK but more Martial Arts oriented. His ability as a doctor was somewhat disappointing.

He enjoyed smoking his pipe in between his therapy sessions. But was very physically fit, no doubt to being very physically active. I think he was Garripoli's main teacher of the Wuji.

• Like 1

I did a 2-day workshop with him. He is a pretty cool guy. His qi was OK but more Martial Arts oriented. His ability as a doctor was somewhat disappointing.

He enjoyed smoking his pipe in between his therapy sessions. But was very physically fit, no doubt to being very physically active. I think he was Garripoli's main teacher of the Wuji.

How do you mean his ability as a doctor was disappointing? Could you please elaborate?

Also, I know that some Qigong exercises are geared towards Martial power vs. healing -- but if there's an obvious rift, why isn't there a "best" (A touchy word) form of Qigong for strengthening health and healing?

Edited by DaoChild

How do you mean his ability as a doctor was disappointing? Could you please elaborate?

Also, I know that some Qigong exercises are geared towards Martial power vs. healing -- but if there's an obvious rift, why isn't there a "best" (A touchy word) form of Qigong for strengthening health and healing?

I liked him.

I have found very few doctors in Beijing who were not disappointing (to me). To others they are "masters". It all depends on one's perspective of what they have seen and been trained in.

I touched on this in another thread recently about the perspective of understanding qi and made the statement that a martial artists understanding differs from a medical qigong perspective.

Best? I guess if you are trying to take someone down then the martial perspective is definitely best. If you are trying to heal someone then obviously the medical perspective goes much further.

I apologize, I guess my questions weren't very clear.

In your opinion, who are people that impressed you with their healing abilities?

And regarding medical / martial Qigong, I was wondering if you could mention specific styles or exercises that are particularly good at healing. I am equally interested in the martial as I am medical.

If there is a thread that would perhaps spare you a lot of needless typing, feel free to redirect me :)

I apologize, I guess my questions weren't very clear.

In your opinion, who are people that impressed you with their healing abilities?

And regarding medical / martial Qigong, I was wondering if you could mention specific styles or exercises that are particularly good at healing. I am equally interested in the martial as I am medical.

If there is a thread that would perhaps spare you a lot of needless typing, feel free to redirect me :)

The Stillness-Movement qigong I teach is medical qigong which excels at the healing perspective. There are other forms as well that are more geared towards medical. Find a program of medical qigong and follow that. There are two or three that I would recommend in addition to my own 500 hr certification program.

I encourage you to look at both martial and medical perspectives.

People that impressed me with healing abilities? My teachers. I have met no one whose abilities even compared to the abilities of my teacher Master Wang Juemin. I have utilized his methods for over 25 years in clinic with a tremendous success rate.

• Like 1

People that impressed me with healing abilities? My teachers. I have met no one whose abilities even compared to the abilities of my teacher Master Wang Juemin. I have utilized his methods for over 25 years in clinic with a tremendous success rate.
I totally agree that a lot of this stuff doesn't crossover much - like martial vs. medical qigong.

Anyhow, what makes Wang Juemin or his technique so much more powerful than the rest? Just curious... :huh:

BTW, it's also interesting how Master Duan is a Catholic Christian. There were a few other high-level qigong/Taijiquan masters who I discovered were also "suprisingly" Christians. What's up with that? :blink:

Edited by vortex

Anyhow, what makes Wang Juemin or his technique so much more powerful than the rest? Just curious... :huh:

Hard to answer, not just one thing. Who he (really) was? Who he studied with? His true developed compassion and desire to help humanity? How much and how many years he practiced? The type of system he practiced? His lack of ego? His developed virtue? How about all the above and more.

• Like 1

It's always funny to see people falling for these stories.

Duan Zhiliang was born on august 1931, which makes him NOW not yet 78 and of course even younger at the time of this video (which btw sells him for 92).

LOL

YM

Duan Zhiliang was born on august 1931, which makes him NOW not yet 78 and of course even younger at the time of this video (which btw sells him for 92).

LOL

YM

So what's up with all of the age misrepresentation in these arts? (misrepresentation is a kind replacement word for lying)

So what's up with all of the age misrepresentation in these arts? (misrepresentation is a kind replacement word for lying)

Like in the west most ladies, and many men, like to reduce their real age to "be young" in China many old people would do the opposite as in that (traditional) culture 'old' is equal to 'wise'.

Then other people try to capitalize on those 'old men' so age keeps incresing even more :)

This is Duan's profile in chinese http://www.chinese-doctor.com/old/gerenwan...danzhiliang.htm

Best

YM

LOL

YM

It is difficult to remember exactly what year I met him - several years ago. If I remember correctly he was supposed to be in his 80-90's then. But that would have placed him in 60's if your info is correct (I have no reason to doubt you). If so, then he didn't look (to me) extraordinarily healthy for a man in his 60's. But he still had some good qigong and martial arts. He is in Garipolli's movie, can't remember when he released that.

I still thought he was a neat fellow. But not the first time I have seen these Chinese guys misrepresented (more ways than just age).

I think your problem lies in one of the oldest philosophical divides in the world: between the Confucians and the Taoists.... And you, my friend, are a Taoist at heart.

In the Confucian world view, you are only a true and benevolent man if you follow the societal norms, including your hygiene and fashion for your particular age, rank, and profession. The outward appearance of conformity helps to mold the inward conformity of mind (rectified virtue). When everyone knows and follows their roles, from the king to the peasant and the father to the son, the world will achieve perfect harmony... :rolleyes:

Wow, this is greaking great! What does he practice?

Sign in to follow this