11:33

Do Taoists REALLY Have Amazing Longevity?

obs: Yes, vegan and vegetarian diets tend to fuck you up (I still need to find a patient with a healthy constitution after a long time of vegetarian diet). Especially once your Jing start to deplete in old age. People do need to ingest "Yin Water" - fats, meats, fat juices.

Vegetarian and vegan diets are mostly a by-product of buddhist insertion on daoism, while buddhists by their time take it from hinduism.

Of course, I'm talking bramanin hinduism here. Ascets which dedicated themselves to Shiva, for instance, are known for eating all kind of stuff - including meats and, rumors say, even human meat.

That said, Shiva IS the one said to make people have long lifespans and become possessors of siddhis such as non-aging and transcending death.

Daoism says you need to take it light - not eating meats and wine in excess, not to abbandon them.

Obs 2: Funny story, I tried to induce labor on a client recently. She had been vegetarian since she was a kid, and she simply didn't manage to enter labor. I thought it was because my skill was lacking, but then she tried labor-inducing therapy (with hormones applied by a doctor) at a local hospital for 16 hours and didn't manage to enter labor either.

Her diagnosys by TCM analysis? Xue deficiency. Just that. Nothing else, and indeed, it was impossible to make her birth her child through the regular means. She had to get a C-section to get the baby out (the little thing was 4kg and 57cm long already, 40 weeks into gestation).

So... think twice about vegetarianism being healthy and people not having to eat meats because "it isn't really natural". Homo Sapiens has existed for about 200.000 years, and the Homo Australopitecus existed for 2 million years approximately. ALL of them ate insects and small animals as part of their diet, and the current "cousins" we have, like chimpanzees, also eat them.

It is a part of our physiology and important for us.

Do not fear or suffer over the death and suffering of other beings. Accept death and accept suffering. Become a part of it and let the cycle flow. Otherwise, you're just being delusional and avoiding a major part of living in itself.

Even Buddha didn't manage to achieve Nirvana before accepting death, disease and suffering. As a prince, he never had to confront these things. Trying to be a vegetarian for "humanist" reasons is the same thing.

• Like 4

Taoists practice meditation Qigong to maintain good health.
It may be helpful, perhaps, we study and look into the mitochondria. We might find the answer and become enlightened in the subject matter.

Edited by ReturnDragon

1 hour ago, ReturnDragon said:

Taoists practice meditation Qigong to maintain good health.

Not all qigong is focused on good health. There are thousands of variations towards different ends, but health is only a common variable, sometimes more of a side effect than the goal itself.

1 hour ago, ReturnDragon said:

It may be helpful, perhaps, we study and look into the mitochondria. We might find the answer and become enlightened in the subject matter.

Given your history, it might be a good idea to show what you do that you consider qigong. Qi is itself intelligent, especially if you do something like Fragrant or Flying Phoenix, and operates independently of mitochondria, though it can influence it as it influences everything. 

• Like 2