boyshood

feelings and emotions

:mellow:Life is really great when is serious sadness YES

ooo forgotten old times why have you go away

never again here on earth my tears goes bye

all i can do is to remember and feel

FRIENDS MY DEAR OLD FRIENDS OF THIS DEAR TAO BUMS FORUM AND GUESST in this wonderful thread we can talk all about feelings :mellow::wub:-_-^_^:mellow:

According to wikipedia : "Feelings are also known as a state of consciousness, such as that resulting from emotions, sentiments or desires."

may the sky be whit you in your feelings

46_Rzyskoo.jpg

I wonder how you feel when you are drinking the tea, that is call: (Iron Goddess of Mercy) Tie Guan Yin?

Thank you!

There were few recent threads which explored concepts which can not be described, but only experienced.

Hence no reason to talk and argue about them.

If your favorite color is Blue and mine is Orange none of us can prove to the other that our choice is the right one.

Same way, one can not explain what Love is (or why one is in Love).

Or what Consciousness or Feeling is.

As noted there - there are thousands of teas, drunk by million of people, bringing millions of experiences. Can't be compared, can't be judged. Can only be enjoyed.

And more importantly - they all come from One - the Tea plant :-)

Getting a small teapot of Keemun tea ready,

e.

Welcome Hugo!

I'm not a big tea drinker but that aside "feelings" is a very deep topic and I personally think it gets overlooked in many traditions that are more intellectual such as Zen (there are others but that's the first that came to mind). I generally tend to be intellectual and stoic so I'm interested in exploring emotions/feelings a bit.

I'll add a few questions for now and see where the conversation goes...

What are emotions?

Are they important/needed? Why?

Can emotions bring us closer to our 'true nature/self'?

What causes an emotion? For example, why do we get angry when we're stuck in traffic?

Are emotions strictly tied to pleasure and pain? Meaning do we only feel positive emotions when feeling pleasure and negative emotions when feeling pain?

Are emotions just another idea/concept or is there more to it than that?

Those are just a few off the top of my head, I'm sure there are better questions but thought maybe we could start here...

Still? Change your emoticon to an Awaken one :-)

ok

Welcome Hugo!

I'll add a few questions for now and see where the conversation goes...

What are emotions?

Are they important/needed? Why?

Can emotions bring us closer to our 'true nature/self'?

What causes an emotion? For example, why do we get angry when we're stuck in traffic?

Are emotions strictly tied to pleasure and pain? Meaning do we only feel positive emotions when feeling pleasure and negative emotions when feeling pain?

Are emotions just another idea/concept or is there more to it than that?

Thanks for your words my friend but my feel right now is these are to many questions for me right now!

If you have a question to me just use only one, ok please?

Edited by Guest

Great thread.

But what feels?

And one that I've been wondering for a while;

Is your joy my joy, or are they different?

h

That that i feel is life is more hard than what thought, and sure what many other people thought

my joy is not your joy, you feel your joy i feel my joy

let just take a example, we are sitting in a beach is hot we are drinking coconut water and after we had end to drink the coconut water we eat a anon fruit, after that we had eating the fruit we feel happy because we had feel the cold refreshing feel of the coconut water and because we are not hunger after the anon, but the thing is even when we feel hot because of the sun we was cool inside, we both had that feel because we both had a human body, but you see your body and soul is unique and my body and soul is also unique so even when our bodies feel the same feels in that beach we had not the same experience of what is to feel the coconut and anon and because we had different ways to understand and investigate these feels

Have a feel day is my hope that you hope

thailand_coconut_water.jpg

sugar_apple4.jpg

Edited by Guest

Zen Shiatsu actually is based on the fact that our emotions affect our body and health.

One has to be in the state Tabula Rasa describes.

That's why we are interested in the Tao and work on ourselves.

On emotions, feelings, thoughts:

"The wild geese do not intend to cast their reflection,

and the water has no mind to retain their image."

So, if I understand you correctly, we are separate as we gain access to that which is separate.

we don't need to access we are separate! if we were not separate i would tell you jump from a tree right now and you would jump!!

There is some kind of Qi net that we don't se " in the air" that net makes you "get a feel of how my feel is, if i send you the qi to you hahhahahahahaaaahaaaaa :D

Feelings, as far as I have come to understand the difference btw them and emotions gain their uniqueness from peceiving the universe through the senses?

yes that is wise words and yes i feel that the senses makes me unique, you se when i see that i am I that I is all that i can start from , that makes me powerful hihiiiihiiiii

Good stuff

yes indeed

Zen Shiatsu actually is based on the fact that our emotions affect our body and health.

One has to be in the state Tabula Rasa describes.

That's why we are interested in the Tao and work on ourselves.

On emotions, feelings, thoughts:

"The wild geese do not intend to cast their reflection,

and the water has no mind to retain their image."

Wondeful;

h

Edited by hagar

Wondeful;

I always found great joy in the fact when I spend a day climbing, my skin smell of granite.

h

Finger pointing at the moon moment....awesome....love dat.....thanks hagar! :)

Oooo, LOL, you edited it out at the same moment that I snatched it and tossed it back in!!!! I am so happy that I grabbed the pebble from your hand before it sunk to the bottom of the pond. :P

Edited by Tabula Rasa

I am so happy that I grabbed the pebble from your hand before it sunk to the bottom of the pond.

I noticed that too!

Amazing!

Our words and thoughts create an energy field that mixes with the rest of the Universe...And keep on having a life ot heir own...

Loved it when Osho was saying the Thoughts of Buddha, Lao Tzu, Jesus - they are still flying around. You just have to be sensitive enough to pick them..

Can delete it from your post, but it already touched it!

I love climbing too and loved what you said! So nice Tabula Rasa saved it fo me!

Thank you both!

I believe Everything is about Emotions and Feelings!

There are more subtle and true form of our beings.

Edited by evZENy