Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

In praise of situps

After Trunk called attention to Pilates, I've been doing situps to gear up my tummy to be able to handle a real abdominal strengthening and stretching sessions.

In the meantime, I've noticed that simple situps and leg lifts rock. They send lots of blood and energy into the gut and seem to liven up the ltt quite a bit. It also seems to activate the ltt in a way that makes it hungry to breathe in more energy even when I'm done.

I highly recommend doing a set of situps and then doing a ltt type meditation and notice the difference.

-Yoda

You have an ab wheel, right? Gotta get an ab wheel if you don't, Yodaman. You can pick one up for less than $10. Check it out. And who's that dork doing a standing ab wheel? ;)

Sean.

Oh that's just my girlfriend's on-the-side boyfriend, no big deal!

8259[/snapback]

LOL! Lezlie should be so lucky as to have both of us. :lol:

We do sit ups as a warm up in BJJ along with this killer ab excercise where you hold your legs up(your on the ground on your back) and basically bycicle in the air with your legs. After a couple minutes my abs are fried.

That red headed dude has horrible posture BTW. Almost as bad as me but I have vowed to correct it this year.

Pavel Tsatsouline would not approve!!

LOL! Lezlie should be so lucky as to have both of us.  :lol:

8269[/snapback]

very funny, both of you... :rolleyes:

We do sit ups as a warm up in BJJ along with this killer ab excercise where you hold your legs up(your on the ground on your back) and basically bycicle in the air with your legs. After a couple minutes my abs are fried.

Oh yeah! Those are HORRIBLE. My brother is really into those and it's obvious because he is always walking around showing off his damn six pack while I am always a little soft around the center.

That red headed dude has horrible posture BTW. Almost as bad as me but I have vowed to correct it this year.

HEY! ... Really? :lol: Well it's actually the first time I ever tried the standing ab wheel, just based off Trunk's short description of what he wanted. Is it really that bad? :unsure:

Sean,

No..it's not really that bad...really :unsure:

you'll figure it out if you stick with BJJ long enough I guess. My posture sucks too and it is one of my goals to fix that up..

Actually..one of the trademarks of high ranking martial artists is they generally have really, really good posture..

Sign in to follow this