Sign in to follow this  
DalTheJigsaw123

Philosophy VS Spirituality (Is there a big difference)

Philosophy VS Spirituality.

Please, discuss. I had a friend point out to me that, spirituality is bogus and that philosophy and logic was the way... I am not sure how accurate that is, but would love to hear your guys opinions. Thank You!

Philosophy VS Spirituality.

Please, discuss. I had a friend point out to me that, spirituality is bogus and that philosophy and logic was the way... I am not sure how accurate that is, but would love to hear your guys opinions. Thank You!

Philosophy is oigus because it's all based on a bunch of yapping.

Spirituality either is real or not, but can be found out for yourself by EXPERIENCE, which is much different than yapping.

You don't need logic to know what exists. You just look and experience it.

You don't need logic when someone hands you an orange, you just eat it.

When the logic starts coming in, then you know you're talking about stuff that doesn't matter.

Philosophy is oigus because it's all based on a bunch of yapping.

Spirituality either is real or not, but can be found out for yourself by EXPERIENCE, which is much different than yapping.

You don't need logic to know what exists. You just look and experience it.

You don't need logic when someone hands you an orange, you just eat it.

When the logic starts coming in, then you know you're talking about stuff that doesn't matter.

Great points! Yea, I feel that Philosophy is quite more opinions/thoughts/feelings and nothing more than that.

spirituality not based on philosophy is bogus

philosophy not based on spirituality is bogus

Not all spiritual traditions care about your expirience, some just want you to follow rules. :) Not all philosophys care about talking some care about expierince. The difference is a relative term i think.

Not all spiritual traditions care about your expirience, some just want you to follow rules. :) Not all philosophys care about talking some care about expierince. The difference is a relative term i think.

This is quite true! However, what about Ayn Rand she "preached,"Objectivism. I mean she lectured and wanted people to believe in that thought. Am I wrong to say this?

If it isn't about your experience, then it isn't spirituality, it is religion!

Philosophy at least the western variety in my opinion is all in the head, which to me just hasn't been valuable. Maybe it is for some others.

They compliment each other, and both are useful and important.

The way I see it, is if your philosophy doesn't encompass spirituality, then your philosophy is missing part of life.

If your spirituality doesn't encompass philosophy then your spiritual people don't know how to communicate what they know in a way that makes sense.

So complementary, indeed.

The way I see it there is knowledge and experience.

Experience is learned through practice. Knowledge learned or is understood through theory.

Thus when learning from a master, you have Theory and you have practice.

Philosophy often times doesn't take into account of active practicing. It can encompass your own knowledge learned through practice and through studying may get some glimps of what they are talking about. Problem is it doesn't expand on what you don't know. It may talk about it. You may get some sort of a grasp of what its the author is talking about. What actual experience is mostly beyond words especially if we are talking about specific states. It is also still beyond words until you've had similar or the same experiences that you draw your understanding from it.

I hate to be all elitist like saying you gotta learn from a master. The truth is a master has gone way beyond many MANY teachers and instructors, they are beyond experts. They have mastered things and not just one or two details but whole subjects.

Peace, Sincerely

wt

Edited by WhiteTiger

If it isn't about your experience, then it isn't spirituality, it is religion!

Philosophy at least the western variety in my opinion is all in the head, which to me just hasn't been valuable. Maybe it is for some others.

I have to agree. Philosophy helps in analyzing, understanding the experience. Nothing can beat Direct experience.

I have to agree. Philosophy helps in analyzing, understanding the experience. Nothing can beat Direct experience.

Yea, I guess I can see what you are saying.

I could write books on this, they would be philosophy on spirituality.

I believe spirituality is nothingness realized, philosophy is its expression trying to explain it.

They do influence each other.

Sign in to follow this