Sign in to follow this  
medic

Servant King

Hi medic.....

I'm a history student, so it makes sense for me to trust the people who knew Jesus to write about him

and for the people who knew the people who knew Jesus to read about him.

And the people who knew the people who knew the people who knew Jesus to Canonize the books to avoid confusion with writings by people who don't know what they are talking about.

At this point a faith is already established, so if the books that got in aren't always written by who they said they were they ARE at least Orthodox teaching. And that's what is important. What is illogical about this?<edit question mark>

Sorry but I meant it when I said I won't debate the origins of the Bible with a professed Christian. It is an arguement that is not worth having with you. Sorry.

Either way we don't have to debate that, but where exactly do you get your authority to say Jesus was a realized Taoist who meant something else besides being the prophesied Jewish Messiah?

PLEASE show me where I said Jesus was a realized Taoist! I NEVER (and would never) say this. I don't think/believe this so I wouldn't say it. Nor would I infer this. You are reading things into what I am saying that are not actually indicated by me.

Psalm 22 depicts the crucifixion (notice verse 16 especially) and was written 500-800 years before the practice was ever invented.

And you are a HISTORY major?

If you don't examine Jesus as a Jew, you lose the concept of the True God, not my concept. Christ's concept.

Haha....man, this conversation is getting less and less worth partaking in. Can I get another round of cyclical arguements over here please? Woohoo! No offence meant Brother, it's just there is obviously no point in me continuing this discussion with you. There is no "discussion" going on.

I think I understand the Tao as well.

You must have like zero humility to say stuff like this. To actually think that you understand the Tao takes some serious arrogance IMO. Again no offence meant.

We're apart of the all, so you can forget believing that you are an individual, forget thinking you have free will, and forget thinking that moral as well as physical good and evil exist. Realization at last?

Absolutely. I am not an individual, I do not have free will, and good and evil do not exist! Realization at last? If only it were that simple my friend.

I live in a state of "Active Surrender" but that does not mean I am enlightened. I think you are a little confused.

Love,

Carson :D

His name was actually Issa. Jesus is the english version of it (through Isus in Greek). Doesn't mean what you claimed.

He brought his teaching from India. Nice guy.

Read http://www.tombofjesus.com/2007/home.html and all the documents there.

If you want to contribute on this Tao forum, check

http://www.universal-tao.com/article/parallel.html

The good news for you is, that Mantak Chia claims to be Christian which is my biggest problem with his system :-)

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

And yet, in almost the same breath he says,

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Peace

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

And yet, in almost the same breath he says,

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Peace

and yet he is crucified by those "swine" he gave his pearls (read wisdom, love, compassion, etc.) to (not his direct followers, but his message wasnt just for direct followers, imo, it was for all of humanity). or, gasp, perhaps what people wrote about him wasnt exactly his meaning (apply this to any sage (or any 'christ' if you will) that has existed); lets leave alone the subject of possible textual corruptions for the time being. and so sorry to be disagreeable with the infallible word of god as related through humans thousands of years ago (sarcasm intended), but i think carson is spot on about the "inner guru" statement. since you are so fond of quotations from the bible here's another:

" 1: Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2: Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

3: But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4: That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

5: And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6: But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

7: But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking."

okay so lets examine this: dont go to church, dont brag about "following christ", and dont use vain repetition, i.e. make up your own prayers (funny how many people mechanically repeat his example which is simply a few verses latter)

hope you have as much fun with this as i just did :lol:

Cheers,

Chris

@Carson: i too am familiar with the usual futility of attempting to discuss the meaning of christ's wisdom with professed "christians" (so much for non-idolatry), but i believe that, since we are on an open message board, perhaps someone whos not quite so pedanticly dogmatic may benefit or decide to join the discussion, or perhaps medic is one of these "not quite so pedantically dogmatic" christians, who knows? we arent him/her (i am erring towards him)

No Love For You You non-believer!

:P Chris

Namaste Chris.... a wonderul post thank you.

@Carson: i too am familiar with the usual futility of attempting to discuss the meaning of christ's wisdom with professed "christians" (so much for non-idolatry), but i believe that, since we are on an open message board, perhaps someone whos not quite so pedanticly dogmatic may benefit or decide to join the discussion, or perhaps medic is one of these "not quite so pedantically dogmatic" christians, who knows? we arent him/her (i am erring towards him)

You are very right. We can't know. But as medic himself says, "don't throw pearls before the swine". Not calling you "swine" medic, just saying that I tried, and there was nothing but resistance. We can't learn things for others, we can't change others, hell, we can barely even influence others. So I gave it my best shot, and medic and others can take what resonates and leave the rest. I don't think that medic is totally "dogmatic", but I do believe he is indoctrinated. I would hazazrd a guess that medic has been raised Christian from birth. It is hard to break free of doctrinization that starts in infancy. I know this from personal experience. So I don't blame you medic, I just hope that one day you will be able to take a step back from and look at things from a "wider" perspective. And be a little more open to possibilities you never thought possible. Like the fact that from a "wider" perpective there is no "right or wrong". There is karmic consequences for our actions, but nothing is right or wrong. Everything just Is.

No Love For You You non-believer!

Hahahaha.....Thanks for the laugh...even though it hurts to laugh cause I have a broken rib. ;)

Love,

Carson :D

Sign in to follow this