Dainin

David Carradine found dead in Bangkok

This is sad news. I just completed downloading Season 2 of the Kung Fu Series yesterday and am half way through the Season 3 download. The messages from the episodes are much more meaningful for me today than they were in the early seventies. He will live on in spirit.

Tom

This is very sad if its true

may God and the Masters bless him and be with him.

you are making a big assumption on this --we may never know the truth--i just cant see him killing himself--I am Suspicious for now

I guess I am not alone in lamenting his passing. The original Kung Fu series was a bright spot in my awful childhood. I bought the first season on DVD and became flooded with pleasant memories. The second season was almost as good as the first, and by the third and final season, the writers had become entirely bankrupt. Nevertheless, it was the only means of capturing quality entertainment with some quality wisdom thrown in. "Cloud Shadow" was probably the finest depiction of a Buddhist theory of consciousness that had ever been popularized, and I wept when I watched it again. The promise of self-possession and peace of mind that this show presented for a young grade-schooler never left me. I can't imagine how my life would have turned out had this vision not wielded its gentle influence. It definitely made me a better person.

I guess I am not alone in lamenting his passing. The original Kung Fu series was a bright spot in my awful childhood. I bought the first season on DVD and became flooded with pleasant memories. The second season was almost as good as the first, and by the third and final season, the writers had become entirely bankrupt. Nevertheless, it was the only means of capturing quality entertainment with some quality wisdom thrown in. "Cloud Shadow" was probably the finest depiction of a Buddhist theory of consciousness that had ever been popularized, and I wept when I watched it again. The promise of self-possession and peace of mind that this show presented for a young grade-schooler never left me. I can't imagine how my life would have turned out had this vision not wielded its gentle influence. It definitely made me a better person.

Hey Blasto Thanks for posting that!

The Kung Fu TV series was very important to me as a kid as well.

Rest In Peace David...

You brought a lot of happiness to a lot of folks.

Auto-erotic asphyxiation? Not much dignity in that. If true, or not disproved, it will be what he will be most remembered for, eclipsing his life and accomplishments...a bizarre footnote. Very very sad.

Auto-erotic asphyxiation? Not much dignity in that. If true, or not disproved, it will be what he will be most remembered for, eclipsing his life and accomplishments...a bizarre footnote. Very very sad.

A bizarre footnote? Yes. Is that what he will be remembered for? No. It will just that, a bizarre footnote to a man's life that was filled with highs and lows with great accomplishments and some bad decisions.

In fact, I know quite a few people that will hold him in higher regard for trying to satisfy his desires/kinks, especially at 72.

He would have to have been discovered as a serial killer going to Thailand for years and killing prostitutes for the world's view to change much of him. Most people are aware that he was a VERY active heroin user during at least season 2 of Kung Fu. I think people still respect him the impact the show had on their lives, not even concerning themselves with the fact that he was high most of the time.

A bizarre footnote? Yes. Is that what he will be remembered for? No. It will just that, a bizarre footnote to a man's life that was filled with highs and lows with great accomplishments and some bad decisions.

In fact, I know quite a few people that will hold him in higher regard for trying to satisfy his desires/kinks, especially at 72.

He would have to have been discovered as a serial killer going to Thailand for years and killing prostitutes for the world's view to change much of him. Most people are aware that he was a VERY active heroin user during at least season 2 of Kung Fu. I think people still respect him the impact the show had on their lives, not even concerning themselves with the fact that he was high most of the time.

Yeah, you're right, Ryan. Points well taken.

I think he was killed I thought this when I first heard this story!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&saf...oq=&aqi=g10

I just heard (not verified) that he was found hanging with one end of the cord wrapped around his neck and the other around his wang.

So, my suspicion now is that maybe he had a BDSM session with a local hooker, he accidentally choked or had a heart attack and she panicked, bolted out posthaste and left him hanging, so to speak...

I just heard (not verified) that he was found hanging with one end of the cord wrapped around his neck and the other around his wang.

So, my suspicion now is that maybe he had a BDSM session with a local hooker, he accidentally choked or had a heart attack and she panicked, bolted out posthaste and left him hanging, so to speak...

Maybe, but this is the more likely scenario:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autoerotic_asphyxiation

Somebody (not me) has already placed his name in the article as one of the notable people who have died this way.

maybe he was trying a spiritual technique like the tibetan mummy found with a chord around the neck

http://www.zatma.org/Dharma/zbohy/Literatu...s/20090418.html

http://www.phayul.com/news/article.aspx?id=6214

http://www.mymultiplesclerosis.co.uk/stran...made-mummy.html

or maybe he was trying to get high, not necessary for auto-erotic reasons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choking_game

Smells like murder to me. RIP :(

His death is an omen to see his movies again.

Great man... I don't belive the gossips.