11:33

Are there any traditional Taoist techniques for finding a girlfriend?

Are there any traditional Taoist techniques for finding a girlfriend? I'm curious to know!

All the Best,

Are there any traditional Taoist techniques for finding a girlfriend? I'm curious to know!

All the Best,

Yes, raise energy body vibration and find through the Taoist art of non-seeking. In other words, practice your qigong and quit trying (try without trying involves letting go of that which you seek). Then she will walk right into your life.

Of course, there is the old saying, be careful what you wish for. :lol:

• Like 1

Well im not sure traditional but there is a "daoist/alchemist" That teaches pretty interesting techniques.

meditation-mantra.org You have to get to his you tube profile some how(i forgot), then there you can find it.

I think that meditation-mantra guy is BS. He seems to call himself Taoist but he seems to ego oriented. Just my impression, though... Maybe I'm off.

Yes, raise energy body vibration and find through the Taoist art of non-seeking. In other words, practice your qigong and quit trying (try without trying involves letting go of that which you seek). Then she will walk right into your life.

From my experience that sounds about right, Michael.

I wasn't asking for me, since I'm already in a longterm relationship, but was just curious. I thought there may be some more non-wu wei method. Since Taoists seem to have tons of methods :D

All the Best,

Alex

Well that maybe so but that does not mean he has nothing useful to offer in the way of getting a girlfirend which is kind of dependent on ego (sense of self) anyway. I dont go buy his stuff but some of the techniques for women work. Im married so not for me but i use to have my way with women and some of his stuff is useable in that respect. Absorb what is useful, reject what us not. This will only to help you get in the door but the heart and the truth will get you across the hall.

Edited by Ramon25

All the Best,

The answer is no, there are not. The whole concept of living with the Dao is to be free from artifice, to be natural and easy going. To go with the flow, so to say. So a Daoist way of finding a girlfriend is to simply live your life, do what you enjoy doing, avoid excesses, and the girlfriend will show up in the course of time. You don't need to use a special technique to get her. You don't need to plot and scheme to get here. In fact, plotting and scheming are derided and ridiculed by Daoists.

On a practical level, may I suggest the following:

Get a hair cut and a shave, or if you have a beard, trim it. Take a shower and brush your teeth. Eat well. Sleep well. Exercise a healthy amount. Eating, sleeping and exercising will give you a pleasant countenance. Girls generally (key word "generally") don't like to hook up with people who look like they haven't slept in weeks or who have the face of a drug addict or some other excess, don't like walking tubs of lard, etc. Just use common sense. After you follow all the common sense items, just be yourself and talk to girls. Eventually you'll find the one that makes sense. You'll be surprised how often people skip the common sense part. How hard is it to spend 20 mins on calisthenics in the morning or evening? But how many people do?

Enjoy your life. If you hate your life, why would someone want to share hatred of life with you? But then again... there are all kinds of people out there, so maybe there is even someone like that too.

Edited by goldisheavy

you mean like Taoist pick up lines? :lol:

hmmm.. how about..

Hey baby, I lost my yin, can I have yours?

or..

Ever hear of the yin-yang? it's an ancient symbol depicting the mutual inter-dependence of opposites, in other words.. let's fuck.

:D

WARNING: All of these techniques are secret and should only be used with the consent of an authorized master.

that is the funniest shit i have ever heard :lol:

That was really good laugh.

you mean like Taoist pick up lines? :lol:

hmmm.. how about..

or..

Ever hear of the yin-yang? it's an ancient symbol depicting the mutual inter-dependence of opposites, in other words.. let's fuck.

WARNING: All of these techniques are secret and should only be used with the consent of an authorized master.

GoldIsHeavy,

Isn't it interesting that for a philosophy that is all about going with the flow, Taoists have so darn many techniques, methods, diets, rituals, etc?

I think the trick is to use (or not use) techniques as they come natural to you. Form within the formless, action within the wu wei, if that makes sense to you.

I already have a girlfriend, I was merely curious.

Enjoy your life. If you hate your life, why would someone want to share hatred of life with you?

Valuable advice and also very Taoist :lol:

ROFL :lol:

Bingo. :)

I throw in a guess:

There's something to be said about 'not wanting', non-seeking.

Ask: 'why would/do I want a girlfriend?'

If there is any selfish motive or reason based on craving or yearning, dis-satisfaction from personal lonliness etc then, it's not a good time.

I would say that a good starting point is when one is content in being single. Then, if a girlfriend/partner does happen to come along, one is less likely to be attached to them, be posessive of them, or manipulate them for selfish reasons.

Desire and yearning may lead to attachment and other difficulties, while from an existing state of contentment comes appreciation of another person.

If you can and do sincerely respect a person and genuinely care for them regardless of whether they would ever be your girlfriend or not, I think that would be good place to start.

Edited by mat black

All the Best,

Tradition, Girlfriend?

Hmm.

Taoism comes from China. Now China over the centuries wasn't a particularly pretty place. There was great poverty. This means that traditionally if a taoist wanted a companion for the night they could pay very little (what now would be the equivalent of 1 euro) and get a woman for the night. With 5 euro you probably could have her (or him) do anything you wanted. In this context the pressure to find techniques to get companion just isn't there.

If a taoist wanted a companion for longer he would just go to the nearest farmer with a pretty daughter, give him some money and buy his future wife.

Now all this might look barbaric to us, but you need to realise that those were different cultures, different times, and different economic situation.

Also the concept of romantic love is quite modern, and was not present in China.

So: having the possibility to have sex when they wanted,

having the possibility to buy themselves a wife when they needed,

not having the idea of romantic love,

all this was at the base of the fact that there was no traditional technique to have a girlfriend.

Still I don't want with this to say anything about all the great techniques (or non-techniques) that are being presented over here. Just don't file them under traditional taoist techniques, but under R&D (Research and Development)

I always like taking advice from people who have actually used it successfully themselves:

All the pickup techniques I've read about are basically learning how to be confident and not seem overly attached.

Fascinatingly these both correspond to what LoA teaches. Feel good, knowing you will ultimately get what you want, relax. So they're two sides of the same coin.

I know a lot about LoA. I spent 5+ years studying it. It is essentially the medium that mind and karma play themselves out in the physical realm. I used LoA to attract my current girlfriend who was the prettiest girl, literally. Two of my friends had told me about her a couple months earlier, how she was THE prettiest girl, and we're talking about two guys who go to bars/clubs alllll the time.

How did I 'do' it? I wrote on a piece of paper, front and back, exactly what I wanted in a girl. I put a lot of thought into this. It wasn't all superficial qualities, but many important lifelong type of qualities. For example, someone who we could grow together over the years, someone who embodied the 32nd I-Ching hexagram with me and could thus be Enduring. Someone with compatible interests, but enough differences to make life an enjoyable adventure. Someone beautiful inside and out.

And then I put that piece of paper in my bureau under the socks :) And went about my business. The next step in the equation is to be natural, to feel good, to let your light shine (like it naturally does)... So I wasn't thinking of my list at the time, when I went out with my friends (and my now-girlfriend was a friend of a friend who came with us in her own separate car) and was dancing for fun. Me and our group of friends were the only people there, and my now-girlfriend wasn't dancing with me or anything but she was drawn to me and told her friend I was cute or something and then her friend told me, even though she wasn't supposed to. And then I went to talk to her a little and voila, DESTINY! Note I really didn't DO ANYTHING, I just was natural and chose to be myself.

I don't agree fully with the popular sources of LoA literature, as they imho only are grasping PART of the picture, and many portray a very ME-centric way of living, which is not the Way.

What Stigweard said above is a very good explanation of LoA. All of life comes from mind.

Speaking to the OP ... the Law of Attraction states simply: "Our life experience is a perfect match of our internal energy vibration."

If you want a 'good woman' cultivate that 'goodness' first within yourself.

If pickup skills help you feel more confident in yourself then right on. Because really confidence is the only thing keeping you back most likely.

Now, my method should work if you want ONE girl. It is nature's way to match up compatible people. If you want many girls, I don't know how to do that. Being natural and confident still probably would work, but having many girls was never the natural thing for me so I can't say.

So far, I think the keys to manifestation are:

1) Holography/Feng Shui: As inside, so outside... Change yourself within, and it will manifest externally as well.

2) Being: "You don't attract what you want, you attract what you are." - Wayne Dyer

3) Having, Not Wanting: Wanting and grasping only imply that you lack what you want. Which will then be what you manifest - lacking what you want, lol. Instead, feel the vibration of having - with just a matter of time "catching up" to that.

4) Receiving: Be open to receiving it. We often have difficulty receiving things that we don't even realize. Can you properly receive a compliment? If not, then how will you receive anything else good in life?

I always like taking advice from people who have actually used it successfully themselves.

So far, I think the keys to manifestation are:

1) Holography/Feng Shui: As inside, so outside... Change yourself within, and it will manifest externally as well.

2) Being: "You don't attract what you want, you attract what you are." - Wayne Dyer

3) Having, Not Wanting: Wanting and grasping only imply that you lack what you want. Which will then be what you manifest - lacking what you want, lol. Instead, feel the vibration of having - with just a matter of time "catching up" to that.

4) Receiving: Be open to receiving it. We often have difficulty receiving things that we don't even realize. Can you properly receive a compliment? If not, then how will you receive anything else good in life?

Hey vortex,

I would like to add to the list some things that seem right from my research and developments :)

5) It has to be Win-Win, anything that isn't a win for all parties involved eventually falls apart as it has no inner stability. The best things, then, are things that are a win for all.

6) It has to be in harmony with your HIGHEST intents. So imagine there is a order of importance. The things that are REALLY most important, deep in your heart will always override anything else.

7) On the highest level, desiring ANYTHING always has a tinge of lacking what you want, and hence the whole LoA-desire paradigm is thrown for a loop, and then you end up with non-desiring being the highest form of desiring. Amazing! So then you learn to desire without desiring.

7b) "I desire little, and that little I desire, I desire it little"

This is what worked for me to find my wife of 13 years. I had numerous long term girlfriends but those relationships ended for one reason or another. I finally got tired of the whole thing and decided I needed to do something different. So I figured out what I really wanted in a wife and focused on it for a few days. I did not know to write it down as this was long before the LOA stuff. Then I set it all aside. I stopped worrying about being alone and I stopped making an effort to meet women. I was open to all possibilities but no longer pushing. One month later I met my future wife and 5 months later we were engaged.

I wasn't asking for me, since I'm already in a longterm relationship, but was just curious. I thought there may be some more non-wu wei method. Since Taoists seem to have tons of methods :D...

This is what worked for me to find my wife of 13 years. I had numerous long term girlfriends but those relationships ended for one reason or another. I finally got tired of the whole thing and decided I needed to do something different. So I figured out what I really wanted in a wife and focused on it for a few days. I did not know to write it down as this was long before the LOA stuff. Then I set it all aside. I stopped worrying about being alone and I stopped making an effort to meet women. I was open to all possibilities but no longer pushing. One month later I met my future wife and 5 months later we were engaged.

To expand on this a bit:

I think everything that is in harmony is going to boil down to a wu wei method. Some say wu wei is "non-doing" but it is really much more "in sync with Tao". I have found that when one raises the energy body vibration rate, this synchronicity will start to happen. This synchronicity can get pretty wild and sometimes hard to believe, but it sure does happen.

If we hold onto the concept of mental creation, trying to create through a linear process, it is very difficult to be in harmony because we do not stop to listen; we are trying to control a non-linear process linearly. It is OK to "put it out there" mentally (better with prayer), but then we must let go in order to allow the process to happen. Topflight's example shows this. I have a similar story to his. Only by letting go of the linear attempt at control were we able to find that which would be in harmony.

yes, there is... NOT trying to get a girlfriend.

Love it, God is father and he arranges marriages, if there there is a woman for you He'll arrange it. Of course, maybe it is your way to try too hard looking for a woman and get married to the first pretty one that loves the way you make her feel. If that is your way then there is nothing wrong with that, she will provide you with many good lessons for shedding your selfishness ;)

To expand on this a bit:

I think everything that is in harmony is going to boil down to a wu wei method. Some say wu wei is "non-doing" but it is really much more "in sync with Tao". I have found that when one raises the energy body vibration rate, this synchronicity will start to happen. This synchronicity can get pretty wild and sometimes hard to believe, but it sure does happen.

If we hold onto the concept of mental creation, trying to create through a linear process, it is very difficult to be in harmony because we do not stop to listen; we are trying to control a non-linear process linearly. It is OK to "put it out there" mentally (better with prayer), but then we must let go in order to allow the process to happen. Topflight's example shows this. I have a similar story to his. Only by letting go of the linear attempt at control were we able to find that which would be in harmony.

Hey Michael,

The part I bolded and italicized is what I most wanted to talk about, because whenever I hear someone mention a phenomenon that I have experienced that most people don't relate to I want to ask them some questions and share notes so to speak.

I have experienced the above highlighted phenomenon hundreds of times. It is what I used to call the Joy-Flow. In that the more joyful I felt and the more flowing I felt then I would flow right into some of the most mind-boggling synchronicities imaginable. But very few people seem to even know this phenomenon exists. Is this something you have learned of on your own? Or is it related to something your Taoist teacher(s) have explained and taught to you?

I have wanted to understand more about this phenomenon so I could best harness it. Man, because I've had some pretty darn wild things happen to me over the years.

Also, how do you feel this phenomenon relates to the Tao? Is it something even related to Taoism per se? Is it related to this quote from the Tao Te Ching #50?:

He who lives by the way of the Tao,

travels without fear of ferocious beasts,

and will not be pierced in an affray,

for he offers no resistance.

The universe is the centre of his world,

so in the inner world

of he who lives within the Tao,

there is no place

where death can enter in.

I believe part of the reason I experience this a lot is from my qigong training. When I feel joyful I feel an enhanced flow of energy through me, which must be affecting some magical-situation-producing cosmic power hehe...

Your thoughts on this, or better yet your experiences with this?

Hey Michael,

The part I bolded and italicized is what I most wanted to talk about, because whenever I hear someone mention a phenomenon that I have experienced that most people don't relate to I want to ask them some questions and share notes so to speak.

I have experienced the above highlighted phenomenon hundreds of times. It is what I used to call the Joy-Flow. In that the more joyful I felt and the more flowing I felt then I would flow right into some of the most mind-boggling synchronicities imaginable. But very few people seem to even know this phenomenon exists. Is this something you have learned of on your own? Or is it related to something your Taoist teacher(s) have explained and taught to you?

I have wanted to understand more about this phenomenon so I could best harness it. Man, because I've had some pretty darn wild things happen to me over the years.

Also, how do you feel this phenomenon relates to the Tao? Is it something even related to Taoism per se? Is it related to this quote from the Tao Te Ching #50?:

I believe part of the reason I experience this a lot is from my qigong training. When I feel joyful I feel an enhanced flow of energy through me, which must be affecting some magical-situation-producing cosmic power hehe...

Your thoughts on this, or better yet your experiences with this?

I believe part of the reason I experience this a lot is from my qigong training

Yes, you raised your energy body vibration rate.

Yes it has everything to do with Tao. This "harmony in Tao" is the real Wu Wei. I speak of it in terms of synchronicity. Does it come from my teacher? Of course my teacher knew of this and that it would happen with the practice. But what happened to me and what you describe is the same. It was only after it happened that my teacher was willing to discuss it. Same with me. ( usually gives a good laugh when a student experiences it for the first time and while wild-eyed starts telling you this; my teacher laughed at me too) If I talk to my students about this too much then they are expecting something that in practice is different than what I could possibly tell them. Remember that I said in the book about "Listening"? This is the process that leads to this harmony in Tao.

To best harness it is to keep practicing Listening. The more one practices the easier it gets. I have written before several examples of this. Later today I will try to find these or will post again. Perhaps I can give some examples from my students experiences.

To best harness it is to keep practicing Listening. The more one practices the easier it gets. I have written before several examples of this. Later today I will try to find these or will post again. Perhaps I can give some examples from my students experiences.
Yea, I don't remember what you wrote about Listening...but I just had the idea the other day about why it's so important. I was inspired by this article: Silence is Another Name For God

It got me thinking why the Divine is so quiet and we must meditate to "hear" it?

Then, I realized that maybe it isn't so quiet, it could just be outside our normal range of "hearing," like a dog whistle. So, it may only sound "quiet" to us, but in itself could actually be extraordinarily loud (especially to those who can hear it).

So, another good meditation technique would be to really LISTEN (past the fringes of your perceptual range...), and attempt to expand your range of "hearing." This "active reception" not only helps to clear your mind more, but would also increase your ability to expand your frequency range and tune into higher frequencies...

...maybe? :P

Edited by vortex

I also know people who have experienced this stuff, who don't do qigong, but who specifically focused on feeling really good.

I'd like to hear more about Listening. I think I probably get the gist of it, but still would love to hear about it.

All the Best

Yea, I don't remember what you wrote about Listening...but I just had the idea the other day about why it's so important. I was inspired by this article: Silence is Another Name For God

It got me thinking why the Divine is so quiet and we must meditate to "hear" it?

Then, I realized that maybe it isn't so quiet, it could just be outside our normal range of "hearing," like a dog whistle. So, it may only sound "quiet" to us, but in itself could actually be extraordinarily loud (especially to those who can hear it).

So, another good meditation technique would be to really LISTEN (past the fringes of your perceptual range...), and attempt to expand your range of "hearing." This "active reception" not only helps to clear your mind more, but would also increase your ability to expand your frequency range and tune into higher frequencies...

...maybe? :P

Yes, but what I am saying is that in order to practice Listening as I define it a person has to raise their energy body vibrational rate. These vibrations are not in the "hearing" range.