Sign in to follow this  
Smile

Hospital food and other medical malpractices

A story of a girl who tried to save her dad...

-yPn1ylMEM8

Edited by Smile

Awsome...

I wonder how the Zen Chef from Cooking Your Life documentary would react to such a story...

Guest paul walter

That was good stuff! No way I'd ever eat hospital food :P

I suppose at the very least the vegan diet has some superb short term medical applications. There's a fair bit of info on it's effects in stabilising and reversing all sorts of chronic disease states available now.

Veganism works great...for a while. Then your brain slowly deteriorates. Humans are not natural vegans, any more than dogs or baboons.

Quit the vegan preaching. There is no scientific or common sense basis for long-term veganism. Kill your own health if you want, but please don't preach that stuff. Check out rawpaleoforum.com and rawpaleodiet.com. Spend at least a couple of months reading those sites, and realize that you are as likely to convert me or Pietro to veganism as you are to convert a great tai chi master to Western-style boxing. :D

Guest paul walter

Veganism works great...for a while. Then your brain slowly deteriorates. Humans are not natural vegans, any more than dogs or baboons.

Quit the vegan preaching. There is no scientific or common sense basis for long-term veganism. Kill your own health if you want, but please don't preach that stuff. Check out rawpaleoforum.com and rawpaleodiet.com. Spend at least a couple of months reading those sites, and realize that you are as likely to convert me or Pietro to veganism as you are to convert a great tai chi master to Western-style boxing. :D

Wow, thought you would come onto this thread and blast, that's why I prepared a trap for you by carefully placing the words 'short term medical applications' in there so as not to preach the advocation of the diet. You fell into it because you probably didn't listen close enough. If you weren't so aggressive you'd see clearly that I and no-one else has "preached" vegan diet on TTB. Was very careful to give the info I know and have experienced without getting into the usual tussles that go on. I have had all sorts of concerned input into my diet choice which scientifically doesn't seem to apply (based on medical tests and daily performance) to me, such as b12, protein, stamina, brain function,general health issues. I find meat eaters/defenders in general to be aggressive and fanatical and reactionary when it comes to diet (this based on a lot of observation)-but then people are generally aggressive about anything. Call me old fashioned but maybe there is something to Tamassic eating. Like the dog's and baboons reference, damn territorial aggressive pack animals he he. Tai chi is not natural too, neither is full lotus, nor talking, nor social arrangements-there are many theories of eating- are you down on the vego/vegan chi masters/people who also eat cooked food?

There are currently 5 active food related threads on TTB and I expressed the sentiment on one of them that people (at least those who post) are generally intolerant of non-meat diets here (maybe because of all the martial arts/yang orientation?) so haven't seen many posts from veg people-either they don't exist or live in TERROR of being flamed by our simian ancestors HAHA.

I feel diet becomes a more a 'complex' issue when you bring in chi work/spirit/karma/maybe even human evolution etc that perhaps can 'modify' all the 'science' around food. Not blowing my horn, just thoughts coming from my life and brain. You should check out the Chinese Diet thread up at the moment and give it to those guys- don't always pick on weak little vegans. Seriously though I will check out the rawpaleo stuff since believe it or not I'm very interested in that orientation of eating and take it seriously (believe it or not again). Paul.

Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon and also the work of Weston A. Price is very good stuff in the non-vegetarian nutrition realm.

BUT!

Hospital food is horrible. :D

Wow, thought you would come onto this thread and blast, that's why I prepared a trap for you by carefully placing the words 'short term medical applications' in there so as not to preach the advocation of the diet. You fell into it because you probably didn't listen close enough. If you weren't so aggressive you'd see clearly that I and no-one else has "preached" vegan diet on TTB. Was very careful to give the info I know and have experienced without getting into the usual tussles that go on. I have had all sorts of concerned input into my diet choice which scientifically doesn't seem to apply (based on medical tests and daily performance) to me, such as b12, protein, stamina, brain function,general health issues. I find meat eaters/defenders in general to be aggressive and fanatical and reactionary when it comes to diet (this based on a lot of observation)-but then people are generally aggressive about anything. Call me old fashioned but maybe there is something to Tamassic eating. Like the dog's and baboons reference, damn territorial aggressive pack animals he he. Tai chi is not natural too, neither is full lotus, nor talking, nor social arrangements-there are many theories of eating- are you down on the vego/vegan chi masters/people who also eat cooked food?

There are currently 5 active food related threads on TTB and I expressed the sentiment on one of them that people (at least those who post) are generally intolerant of non-meat diets here (maybe because of all the martial arts/yang orientation?) so haven't seen many posts from veg people-either they don't exist or live in TERROR of being flamed by our simian ancestors HAHA.

I feel diet becomes a more a 'complex' issue when you bring in chi work/spirit/karma/maybe even human evolution etc that perhaps can 'modify' all the 'science' around food. Not blowing my horn, just thoughts coming from my life and brain. You should check out the Chinese Diet thread up at the moment and give it to those guys- don't always pick on weak little vegans. Seriously though I will check out the rawpaleo stuff since believe it or not I'm very interested in that orientation of eating and take it seriously (believe it or not again). Paul.

Being spiritual has nothing to do with meat or not-meat. Plenty of traditional cultures like the Masai, Inuit, !Kung, etc. eat/ate meat. They have rich spiritual traditions. That's a no-brainer, if you've actually done both the research and the thinking. I get the feeling, though, that your research is lacking. Oh, by the way, flaming me or criticizing me won't get your research done, on diet or any other issue. You might can get me to point you to some good resources, but I cannot do the reading for you.

I would suggest Weston Price's "Nutrition and physical degeneration". The most important part is chapters 15-20, you can find that at journeytoforever.org/farm_library/price/pricetoc.html. The last few chapters are missing, but chapters 15-20 will get you the main idea. Vilhjalmur Stefansson's work confirms Dr. Price's findings, check out the wiki on Stefansson en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vilhjalmur_Stefansson. Scroll to the bottom of that wiki.

I'm not saying that fasting or short raw-fruit diets don't have their place, but I know plenty of people, myself included, who have really been harmed, physically and mentally, by overdoing that sort of thing. I also know plenty of almost-vegans who don't even realize how messed-up their own brain chemistry has become through under-eating good fats. They think they know where the line is, but the problem is that the brain problems can cause you to be unable to see that you have progressive brain problems. It's a vicious cycle. I can point you to people I know, right now, who are in this cycle. :)

I'm not saying that fasting or short raw-fruit diets don't have their place, but I know plenty of people, myself included, who have really been harmed, physically and mentally, by overdoing that sort of thing

Fasting caused me more problems than it fixed (it didn't fix anything) :)

Guest paul walter

Being spiritual has nothing to do with meat or not-meat. Plenty of traditional cultures like the Masai, Inuit, !Kung, etc. eat/ate meat. They have rich spiritual traditions. That's a no-brainer, if you've actually done both the research and the thinking. I get the feeling, though, that your research is lacking. Oh, by the way, flaming me or criticizing me won't get your research done, on diet or any other issue. You might can get me to point you to some good resources, but I cannot do the reading for you.

I would suggest Weston Price's "Nutrition and physical degeneration". The most important part is chapters 15-20, you can find that at journeytoforever.org/farm_library/price/pricetoc.html. The last few chapters are missing, but chapters 15-20 will get you the main idea. Vilhjalmur Stefansson's work confirms Dr. Price's findings, check out the wiki on Stefansson en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vilhjalmur_Stefansson. Scroll to the bottom of that wiki.

I'm not saying that fasting or short raw-fruit diets don't have their place, but I know plenty of people, myself included, who have really been harmed, physically and mentally, by overdoing that sort of thing. I also know plenty of almost-vegans who don't even realize how messed-up their own brain chemistry has become through under-eating good fats. They think they know where the line is, but the problem is that the brain problems can cause you to be unable to see that you have progressive brain problems. It's a vicious cycle. I can point you to people I know, right now, who are in this cycle. :) /quote]

I've read the Price book which I think is valuable ( I know, there's no hope for me). I'm not into the spiritual thing in the cultural sense. The Masai were very war oriented, probably for their own reasons not connected to meat/blood consuming?- don't know...

I've used 'The Metabolic Type Diet' by Wolcott and Fahey and try to eat according to its guidelines (with some obvious modifications). The vegan brain comments I agree with too. -I've also noticed this in vegans (who most often, from my observation, consume junk diets). While I have your ear, what do you think of kelp derived DHA/EPA ( I know the low fat problem). Paul.

Sign in to follow this