River Gazer

50,000 hours

It's been a long life, no matter how young I am. Day in and day out pondering. The neverending washing sea.

I have a theory, prominent amongst the prominent.

When I say that it has been a long life, I do not lie. From woodworking to metallurgy, to ancient skills such a flintknapping, just because I felt I should know. When you are awash in the ocean, you might as well swim.

I struggle to summarize. I don't enjoy doing so, so I will not. This post, like the Great Tao, will be long and winding.

I will not be content until this reality makes sense. Nothing else matters. There is nothing to enjoy other than perhaps taking a walk or food, and that can only take up so much of my day.

My theory is simple. Wisdom is will, will is magic.

Reality is steady. Why?

It takes belief, righteous or wrong, to dedicate yourself to intellect or duty. We plenty of belief. Frightening amounts.

But what is magic? It can also be called ESP, but the only magic that's fun is telekinesis. With telekinesis and the wisdom to use it right, every day could be a phenomenal adventure.

But why is magic so hard?

As long as you've researched it and have an open mind, you will know that magic probably exists. Though there are alot of charlettons who guise for money or regard, I have seen plenty which makes me believe it could exist, and my minor skills with ESP, which I call Farsight, agree with me, but its too hard to describe.

In a world of magic, the only responsibility is to common sense, and the only limitation of fun is your own imagination, and that seems pretty damn good to me. The possiblity is worth every last inch I have.

I believe thoroughly that the reason that magic is inaccessible is that our intellect, collective intellect, has gone too far beyond our wisdom. Like a scale, when weight is pressed too hard on one side, the plate hits the ground the scale rests on, not to be lifted again by any small force. To rebalance it, we need weight on the other side (in this case, dream/heart to oppose intellect/structure).

But I also believe that willing it into existence isn't enough. We also need to pursue Tao... center, depth...

For even in balance, too small a scale can bend and break. The true meaning of the soul is the gauge of our inner-strength, and when it is over-encumbered, it becomes bent.

Soul is found amongst the winds and the water.

Now, I must remind people that the colors of yin and yang are highly ornamental.

To the north-west, there is structure.

To the south-east, there is desire.

To the south-west, there is muchness

To the north-east, there is littleness.

The northwest is represented as an aqua-blue as dark as hematite, and is of mud

The south-east is represented by an amber as bright as silver, and is of smoke

The south-west is represented by an amber as dark as hematite, and is of coal

The north-east is represented by an aqua-blue as bright as silver, and is of mist

The north is of violet, means stillness and consciousness, and is of water

The west is of black, means of effect, and is of stone

The south if of red, means of energy, and is of fire

The east is of white, means of time, and is of wind.

When coal outweighs, there is violence.

When mist is prominent, there is fear

When smoke is prominent, there is excess desire

When mud is outweighs, there is excess structure

Now, that which is of wind, excessively, feels pain. The pain of fear for mist, or the pain of unfulfilledness for smoke. It is not their fault, they must simply be taught strength, of heart, body or mind.

That which is of earth inflicts pain... the pain of violence of the pain of forcing of belief, coal and mud respectively. It is not their fault, they are lost, but they do have to be stopped somehow. Just as gracefully as possible.

This world is of water and earth. This reality is of water and earth. The extreme of structure and belief has frozen reality, and the smoke of magic cannot be accessed. Magic cannot be accessed until we are light of mind, and to be light of mind is to become targets to the fanatical masses. To do as you do is largely illegal. In a world of 1 gun for nine people (lord of war, worthy movie), I cant walk around with a sword. Swords are so much more poetic, but if you like em, you probably going to be seen as a crazy person who needs to be stopped.

Now, wise men of old, like the founding fathers, made sure that most things that shouldn't be illegal are not, though there is still plenty of moral laws. Most of all, there are still alot of morals. Do as your told, never EVER do what you enjoy, and never question the perfect system. You know its true. I wont get into it... Such topics bother people.

Desire can bring us pain if we have no control over it, but most desire does not inflict harm. It can be seen as wrong, but it rarely does harm of you look at it objectively.

Now, i still haven't been clear on my theory of the universe. Magic will open when you're deep enough. How deep. Infathomable? Such is the Tao.

But depth is just that. It's seeing things for what they are. It's understanding things. This doesn't mean beliefs necessarily, though as long as people do not push theirs on others, it is fine.

Depth is a funny word. It's like the fine, moist earths that even smoke can love. It's exceeding mud at its own game. It's the rare tough (resistance to shattering) black stones (manganese oxide is black and extremely tough, like rubber, but harder. It makes tough stones). and the pure waters that roll over moss and rock.

With enough depth and dream, we can unfreeze this reality, at least for ourselves, and all that reach this plateau can live a life of adventure and dream, and inspire the many.

"I have seen many things in a lifetime alone.

Mother love is no more in this brave new world."

-Iron Maiden

If you care to discuss, write.

Edited by River Gazer

It's been a long life, no matter how young I am. Day in and day out pondering. The neverending washing sea.

I have a theory, prominent amongst the prominent.

When I say that it has been a long life, I do not lie. From woodworking to metallurgy, to ancient skills such a flintknapping, just because I felt I should know. When you are awash in the ocean, you might as well swim.

I struggle to summarize. I don't enjoy doing so, so I will not. This post, like the Great Tao, will be long and winding.

I will not be content until this reality makes sense. Nothing else matters. There is nothing to enjoy other than perhaps taking a walk or food, and that can only take up so much of my day.

My theory is simple. Wisdom is will, will is magic.

Reality is steady. Why?

It takes belief, righteous or wrong, to dedicate yourself to intellect or duty. We plenty of belief. Frightening amounts.

But what is magic? It can also be called ESP, but the only magic that's fun is telekinesis. With telekinesis and the wisdom to use it right, every day could be a phenomenal adventure.

But why is magic so hard?

As long as you've researched it and have an open mind, you will know that magic probably exists. Though there are alot of charlettons who guise for money or regard, I have seen plenty which makes me believe it could exist, and my minor skills with ESP, which I call Farsight, agree with me, but its too hard to describe.

In a world of magic, the only responsibility is to common sense, and the only limitation of fun is your own imagination, and that seems pretty damn good to me. The possiblity is worth every last inch I have.

I believe thoroughly that the reason that magic is inaccessible is that our intellect, collective intellect, has gone too far beyond our wisdom. Like a scale, when weight is pressed too hard on one side, the plate hits the ground the scale rests on, not to be lifted again by any small force. To rebalance it, we need weight on the other side (in this case, dream/heart to oppose intellect/structure).

But I also believe that willing it into existence isn't enough. We also need to pursue Tao... center, depth...

For even in balance, too small a scale can bend and break. The true meaning of the soul is the gauge of our inner-strength, and when it is over-encumbered, it becomes bent.

Soul is found amongst the winds and the water.

Now, I must remind people that the colors of yin and yang are highly ornamental.

To the north-west, there is structure.

To the south-east, there is desire.

To the south-west, there is muchness

To the north-east, there is littleness.

The northwest is represented as an aqua-blue as dark as hematite, and is of mud

The south-east is represented by an amber as bright as silver, and is of smoke

The south-west is represented by an amber as dark as hematite, and is of coal

The north-east is represented by an aqua-blue as bright as silver, and is of mist

The north is of violet, means stillness and consciousness, and is of water

The west is of black, means of effect, and is of stone

The south if of red, means of energy, and is of fire

The east is of white, means of time, and is of wind.

When coal outweighs, there is violence.

When mist is prominent, there is fear

When smoke is prominent, there is excess desire

When mud is outweighs, there is excess structure

Now, that which is of wind, excessively, feels pain. The pain of fear for mist, or the pain of unfulfilledness for smoke. It is not their fault, they must simply be taught strength, of heart, body or mind.

That which is of earth inflicts pain... the pain of violence of the pain of forcing of belief, coal and mud respectively. It is not their fault, they are lost, but they do have to be stopped somehow. Just as gracefully as possible.

This world is of water and earth. This reality is of water and earth. The extreme of structure and belief has frozen reality, and the smoke of magic cannot be accessed. Magic cannot be accessed until we are light of mind, and to be light of mind is to become targets to the fanatical masses. To do as you do is largely illegal. In a world of 1 gun for nine people (lord of war, worthy movie), I cant walk around with a sword. Swords are so much more poetic, but if you like em, you probably going to be seen as a crazy person who needs to be stopped.

Now, wise men of old, like the founding fathers, made sure that most things that shouldn't be illegal are not, though there is still plenty of moral laws. Most of all, there are still alot of morals. Do as your told, never EVER do what you enjoy, and never question the perfect system. You know its true. I wont get into it... Such topics bother people.

Desire can bring us pain if we have no control over it, but most desire does not inflict harm. It can be seen as wrong, but it rarely does harm of you look at it objectively.

Now, i still haven't been clear on my theory of the universe. Magic will open when you're deep enough. How deep. Infathomable? Such is the Tao.

But depth is just that. It's seeing things for what they are. It's understanding things. This doesn't mean beliefs necessarily, though as long as people do not push theirs on others, it is fine.

Depth is a funny word. It's like the fine, moist earths that even smoke can love. It's exceeding mud at its own game. It's the rare tough (resistance to shattering) black stones (manganese oxide is black and extremely tough, like rubber, but harder. It makes tough stones). and the pure waters that roll over moss and rock.

With enough depth and dream, we can unfreeze this reality, at least for ourselves, and all that reach this plateau can live a life of adventure and dream, and inspire the many.

"I have seen many things in a lifetime alone.

Mother love is no more in this brave new world."

-Iron Maiden

If you care to discuss, write.

Thank you for sharing. I read a book: Outliers by Malcom Gladwell and it taked about the 10,000 hour theory. Basically, if you do anything for 10,000 hours which equals to about 10 years, you are supposedly a professional in that field. I wonder how true it is. Any thoughts on this?

10Y x 365D x 16Hr = most of my life.

I think i'll try to summarize my theory.

Reality is frozen by excess of structure and technology.

A deep mind equals a deep will equals magic

Magic controlled by the deep, though always adventure-seeking equals one bright tomorrow.

The eternal majesty of dream

you have an interesting soul. Magic, I agree, is will/intent. The mind is the true reality, the physical is also mind. All is conscoiusness. (spelled wrong) :unsure:

Thank you for sharing. I read a book: Outliers by Malcom Gladwell and it taked about the 10,000 hour theory. Basically, if you do anything for 10,000 hours which equals to about 10 years, you are supposedly a professional in that field. I wonder how true it is. Any thoughts on this?

Of course it's true, but only with proper practice. Concentrated and focused practice, not practice that simply wastes time. I guarantee you'll be respected in whatever art it is you do, after 10,000 hours. That's somewhere around 2.5 hours a day for 10 years.