Sign in to follow this  
findley

new Forum (split...) suggestion?

Hey sean--

everybody is stupid. what if you started another split-forum: 'Amatuer TCM' ? Discussion would be dedicated strictly to discussing TCM-- particularly text-book theory. (including, 'hey, I have this health or meditation problem... what are your guys' amatuer TCM advice?' kinda questions.)

Perhaps this way, I would learn something from this board. (and if I were a regular member participating in such an intellectual community as I believe proposed... for say, 5 years... Maybe I would have adequate practical skills to encourage me to... go to school and get an official degree?)

It would be super-cool. (You know, because all the bull-shit would be left in the 'taoist discussion' forum...?)

frank;

david

..... might I suggest HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE by Dale Carnegie..... <_<

Hey sean--

everybody is stupid. what if you started another split-forum: 'Amatuer TCM' ? Discussion would be dedicated strictly to discussing TCM-- particularly text-book theory. (including, 'hey, I have this health or meditation problem... what are your guys' amatuer TCM advice?' kinda questions.)

Perhaps this way, I would learn something from this board. (and if I were a regular member participating in such an intellectual community as I believe proposed... for say, 5 years... Maybe I would have adequate practical skills to encourage me to... go to school and get an official degree?)

It would be super-cool. (You know, because all the bull-shit would be left in the 'taoist discussion' forum...?)

frank;

david

ha...dont be hard on the boy darin...ya know how ya used ta play drs n nurses when ya was a youngun...well...dr fidleys just wantn ta play drs n drs ;) ...hey fidley...ya dont have ta learn nuthin ta find some fella who'll jam a latex glove up yer ass for yer all full a fist... :blink: them sorts aint jest in ya dreams... :lol:

Actually, I think playing 'drs n drs' is a good idea.

maybe some chicks would appreciate if we expanded the forum from strictly text-book TCM theory to text-book Ayurvedic medicine.

please please -- it would be such a good opportunity for me to learn some real TCM theory on the side.

I had a private discussion with Sean about that a year ago or more. (Or rather, I blabbed and he listened.) I came to the conclusion that there'd be too much of a tendency for people to try and address medical conditions via that cyber-forum. Bad scene. Bad for people with genuine conditions, bad repercussions for TTBs.

I like talking about points, channels, herbs, etc., in the context of promoting general cultivation progress. But that'll probably always stay mixed in general forum sections for the above reason.

Trunk

:rolleyes:

Thanks, trunk.

It seems like a simple matter of a disclaimer would solve the problem you mention.

It is too worthy a project to ignore, when a disclaimer is all you need.

Edited by findley

Sign in to follow this