Sign in to follow this  
Ramon25

6 healing sounds

Hey can they be done standing as oppose to sitting? And if you can how do you do the kidney sound which is bent over?

Maybe its not as powerful but I'll do'em lying down. Standing up. I'll connect with the organ, throw in a feeling or imagery and make the sound very quietly. I'm no expert at them, but I think the mind/intent connection is more important then the body movement. Thats not saying body movement doesn't add to it.

Michael

Hey can they be done standing as oppose to sitting? And if you can how do you do the kidney sound which is bent over?

You could also just place your hands on the specific organ that you are exhaling the healing sound with(while your standing) for example both your hands covering(or rubbing)your kidneys while you exhale CHUUUU or CHUUWAAAYYY or which ever version of the healing sounds you practice. Like Dainin posted Ken Cohen has some really good practices of standing Liu Qi Fa (Six Qi Method).

Jesse

Can someone post a phonetic pronunciation for the 6 sounds?

For that matter can anyone post a phonetic pronunciation for the following words

Lama

Dorjie

Chodron

Rinpoche

Lao Tzu

Baihui

Yintang

Jianjing

Mingmen

Shanzhong

Dantien

Huiyin

Zhangmen

Taiyuan

Yuji

Shaoshang

Zhongfu

Xiyangquan

Huantiao

Laogong

Xuehai

Yinlingquan

Sanyinjiao

Yongquan

Can someone post a phonetic pronunciation for the 6 sounds?

For that matter can anyone post a phonetic pronunciation for the following words

Lama

Dorjie

Chodron

Rinpoche

Lao Tzu

Baihui

Yintang

Jianjing

Mingmen

Shanzhong

Dantien

Huiyin

Zhangmen

Taiyuan

Yuji

Shaoshang

Zhongfu

Xiyangquan

Huantiao

Laogong

Xuehai

Yinlingquan

Sanyinjiao

Yongquan

Part of the problem that you are running into is that some of those Chinese words are written in pinyin and others in Wade-Giles. These are the two most popular systems for Romanization of Chinese characters (putting Chinese into letters). Pinyin is used primarily in mainland China and Wade-Giles is used mostly in Taiwan. Which one you use is actually a major and sensitive political issue too, as one system has become a sign of communism and the other of capitalism for many Chinese people.

For example, despite the spellings, these are the same words and are pronounced the same in Chinese:

Wade-Giles: Tao Te Ching, Lao Tsu, Chuang Tsu, Peiking, Tai Ch'i Chuan, Ch'i Kung

Pinyin: Dao De Jing, Laozi, Zhuangzi, Beijing, Taiji Quan, Qigong

My attempt at a

Little More Phonetic(?) Dao De Jing, Lao t'zu, Juang t'zu, Beijing, Taiji Chuan, Chi Gong

You cannot outright say that one system looks more accurate to us, because English is a very messed up language when it comes to pronunciations. If you know any Romanian, though, Pinyin uses a slightly modified version of the Romanian system of pronunciation.

Also, telling you how to pronounce these words would only get you a little closer unless I also gave you the tone markers (Chinese is a tonal language, and a native speaker probably wouldn't understand you with most of the Chinese words on your list without you saying them in the correct tone anyway).

A lot of these words also have sounds that are not found in English, which is also why it is so hard to come up with a writing system that is agreeable to everyone.

Your best bet will be to find an online tool that you can plug in the chinese word and have a chinese computer voice spit out the pronunciation.

Your best bet will be to find an online tool that you can plug in the chinese word and have a chinese computer voice spit out the pronunciation.

Does anyone know where I can download such a program? Preferably free? I tried running several searches but it didn't help.

This is my guess for the following words. Someone please let me know if I'm pronouncing them wrong. At the moment I'm not concerned whether they're tonally correct seeing as I don't have any actual Chinese people around to speak with.

Lama 'Lahma' (just like the South American animal of the Andes)

Dorjie - 'Door-Gee'

Chodron - Cho-drahn (long o sound in Cho...like the 'o' in Hello)

Rinpoche - Rin-posh

Baihui - Bi-hu (Bi as in Bisect, hu like the 'ew' sound in Chew)

Edited by SereneBlue

Does anyone know where I can download such a program? Preferably free? I tried running several searches but it didn't help.

This is my guess for the following words. Someone please let me know if I'm pronouncing them wrong. At the moment I'm not concerned whether they're tonally correct seeing as I don't have any actual Chinese people around to speak with.

Dorjie - 'Door-Gee'

Rinpoche - Rin-posh

Baihui - Bi-hu (Bi as in Bisect, hu like the 'ew' sound in Chew)

Baihui should be more along the lines of "Bi" (as in bisect, bisexual, or biology) and H-way (with a slight "oo" after the "h").

Edited by Taoist81

This is a free program, though it can be a little testy.

http://ecl.iflytek.com/ListenToThis/#

Otherwise, here are some basic pronunciation guides and sound bytes:

http://mandarin.about.com/od/pronunciation/l/blsounds.htm

http://www.travlang.com/languages/mandarin...e.mandarin.html

All of these are for Mandarin Chinese that has been written with the pinyin system. In order to pronounce things correctly, you have to identify what language it is and what Romanization system it has been written with.

Dorjie - 'Door-Gee'

Rinpoche - Rin-posh

While I know Japanese and Chinese, I cannot help too much with the Tibetan words.

The 6 healing sounds are like mantras - they represent a certain vibration. Only a master of the mantra can transmit that sound in order for it to be efficient. The practitioner spends days at a time tuning into the master's way of making the sound. Also there is a certain mental representation that goes along with the sound and some other details. If you don't follow the whole recipe - the result is very close to zero. You cannot learn the 6 healing sounds properly just like you cannot learn a mantra from a book - because it's a sound !!!

Sign in to follow this