Sign in to follow this  
ralis

Reincarnate Lama Turns Away From Buddhism

their trip? so you don't think reincarnation is real? or you just have a thing for dissing tibetan buddhists?

confusing post, but interesting story.

their trip? so you don't think reincarnation is real? or you just have a thing for dissing tibetan buddhists?

confusing post, but interesting story.

Again, you proceed from incorrect conclusions. Why are you so serious? Why so sensitive? The Lama in question was tired of a sequestered medieval life! Good for him!

ralis

Edited by ralis

Eh... personal Karma is complicated.

I'm glad he's happier. Not every Tulku re-manifests in the linear fashion upon the preceding life. As the Buddha said in the Pali Suttas. One may be a high being in one life, not fully realized, but a worm in the next, because he did not fully eradicate the unconscious entities of dormant karmas while he had a chance.

At least he's human and living out something of his desire. Who know's his next life?

Mistakes do happen; sometimes they choose the wrong guy/girl.

p.s.

Please refrain from triple-posting.

This validates two things:

1. Anicca.

2. Karma.

Osel Hita Torres is not ready to continue the spiritual path now but he might later on in life. Anicca again.

There was a server error last night that caused the triple post.

ralis

Mistakes do happen; sometimes they choose the wrong guy/girl.

Like Steven Segal? ;)

QUite a lot of hippie kids eventually reach buddhism. What would really be funny is if this kid once it is old enough goes back to knock at a Buddhist Monastery asking to have everything teached to him again.

Just imagine the scene:

-please teach me

-No, you teach me!

I hope he brings a friend to take a video and they put it on youtube.

This validates two things:

1. Anicca.

2. Karma.

Osel Hita Torres is not ready to continue the spiritual path now but he might later on in life. Anicca again.

Why is his path not spiritual anymore? If one were to follow your statement to it's ultimate conclusion, then one who does not adhere to the so called path he just left i.e, monastic, is not on a spiritual path.

ralis

All Children are Buddhas

Also the best Tantrics are the ones that are in the MUD being LOTUS Flowers : ). In other words being in SOCIETY.

So being in a MONASTERY is not exactly the "MOST" Spiritual.

Edited by Vajrasattva

All Children are Buddhas

Also the best Tantrics are the ones that are in the MUD being LOTUS Flowers : ). In other words being in SOCIETY.

So being in a MONASTERY is not exactly the "MOST" Spiritual.

Well said Santi!

ralis

All Children are Buddhas

Romantically... yes... everyone is even, as a mind practice for us too.

But practically? A Buddha is defined by, awake of the fact.

So... a kid has karmas to bind him/her up as he/she grows and the seed of suffering has thus not been extinguished.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Actually the best one did/do a lot of retreat in seclusion, if not spend most of their time that way.

Actually the best one did/do a lot of retreat in seclusion, if not spend most of their time that way.

Yes, but the retreat only show's it's light when integrated with the ups and downs of regular life.

Yes, but the retreat only show's it's light when integrated with the ups and downs of regular life.

Your practice does show itself in your life, but if you're in retreat and can stay that way as long as you want, it's not necessary to go into "regular life" (unless you want to or feel like you need to).

He's obviously a high level soul. What kid in their right mind would step down from the throne, to go to college?!? :lol:

I think proper tulku education is quite heavy. And not every "tulku" actually is one.

I think proper tulku education is quite heavy. And not every "tulku" actually is one.
wave.gif There are stories of some tulkus being given learning tasks that would be impossible for ordinary people, like learning an entire text in an afternoon. Of course since they might have written the text in a previous lifetime or expounded on it in great detail its no problem. Edited by rex

Your practice does show itself in your life, but if you're in retreat and can stay that way as long as you want, it's not necessary to go into "regular life" (unless you want to or feel like you need to).

Well, regular life is different for different people. But yeah... retreat is said to be necessary!

In reply to the original post.... taliking about stuff like this brings bad karma dude.

I dont have any bad intention, just wow....

In reply to the original post.... taliking about stuff like this brings bad karma dude.

I dont have any bad intention, just wow....

I agree, he needs to check his intentions and their purity.

Romantically... yes... everyone is even, as a mind practice for us too.

But practically? A Buddha is defined by, awake of the fact.

So... a kid has karmas to bind him/her up as he/she grows and the seed of suffering has thus not been extinguished.

The seed has not been extenguished cause "ADULTS" in most cases fuck it up for them.

I have dealt with ENOUGH Lamas to know what I am saying. Take it or leave it...Fine with me either way. I have been in retreats before and Yes they have their value... But it will never replace being a master in the HERE & NOW while you are also a father /bill payer/and in society helping others "BECOME". The ultimate RETREAT is the one inside your heart or in the HEART LOTUS PEDAL within....no where else.

& I can tell you that JUST cause they wear the robes and tell folks to go into retreat doesn't make them perfect nor any better than the PURE STATE OF MIND of a child. Regardless of whether the child has Karma or not from the AGE of birth till 8 or 9 they are closer to BUDDHA-HOOD than MOST "practitioners".

The MAIN ingredient is "LOVE/COMPASSION".... Do your homework. Tibet was not always those 2 words and neither was the LAMASERIES.

There is a KARMIC reason why TIBET LOST TIBET....

Don't get hung up on LAMAISM. ABSORB what is useful (Most of the original stuff that comes from MAHASIDDHA YOGA & Pre BUDDHIST Shamanism (bonpo). The rest is just "Organized Religion"

I did for years its almost 90% Bogus. & Most of it comes from Ancient Persia & its roots are the same as what you have in Catholicism (Mithraism) AKA "PRIESTHOOD". Do they have great methods? YES but good luck you will be kissing ass for years and doing a LOT of shit that us USELESS till you get to the real stuff. If it works for you great...

The real stuff is what the Mahasiddhas did and what the real TANTRIC Yogis & Dzogchenpas do.

Some Lamas are great. Some are just here to "SELL" you there "DHARMA". I hate to tell you the truth and you might not like it.

Love

Santiago

Edited by Vajrasattva

I agree, he needs to check his intentions and their purity.

What original post are you referring to?

ralis

Sign in to follow this