Sign in to follow this  
11:33

Lee Ching-Yuen

Hey guys,

What do you all know about Lee Ching-Yuen, the Taoist who lived about 250 years and died in 1930?

http://www.hps-online.com/longevity.htm

Is it true, did he really live this long? Do you all know anything about him that isn't easily found via googling? What sect of Taoism he was for example?

I am interested that the four herbs he considered most useful for longevity were ginseng, gotu kola, he shou wu (foti), and garlic.

Any info is greatly appreciated :)

All the Best,

Alex

Edited by 11:33

Is it true, did he really live this long? Do you all know anything about him that isn't easily found via googling? What sect of Taoism he was for example?

I am interested that the four herbs he considered most useful for longevity were ginseng, gotu kola, he shou wu (foti), and garlic.

Subsequently, Lee had the good fortune to meet several highly accomplished Taoist masters, who taught him internal alchemy and Tee-Jung, and showed him how to utilize diet and herbal supplements for health and longevity.
I'm guessing qigong and lifestyle had more to do with it than those herbs.

Anyhow, I do notice that "spritual health nut" type people do age noticeably slower than your average McAmericans. And the gap gets increasingly wider the older they all get...

If they were not valuable to him, I don't think he would spend his time or money or both to get them and take them :)

Sign in to follow this