freeform

Inner Guidance

Freeform, really cool technique. Never thought of consciously building in a specific, easily detectable, physiological response that, over time, can be counted on for being in communication with intuition like this. I've played with ideodynamic finger signalling from Mind Body Therapy and also the Chevreul pendulum:

gallery_3_2_370.jpg

which I've found requires far less effort/depth of trance than finger signalling. But with both methods the feedback is not really being "built in" to your body like the LTT exercise you propose here. Thanks for sharing. :)

Sean.

I used to do a variant of it as a kid (I still have no idea how I figured that one out) and just use heating/sensation in left hand for "no" and right hand for "yes".

I think as a kid I was doing it as a "magical" attempt to control certain events that were outwith my control. How I figured out that I could do this or why it seemed like a good idea beats me.

So it's neat to see what it's "really" useful for.

While Freeforms method is elegant it does seem overly involved compared to what a teacher of mine would use. He was an acupuncturist and naturopath as well as very accomplished martial artist. This method merely involved asking the question internally and then checking the strength of index finger and thumb touched together. Watching him do it repeatedly at high speed while checking several body issues,functions,systems looked like a shaman doing magical incantations. right hand goes out and gestures towards an organ or meridian or whatever, then comes back to flick against the left hand with index and thumb touching and repeat, over and over. Like many things it looked like magic when I didn't understand it, but it's really very simple. much easier than pendulum or pendulum body. Less moving parts.

Craig

PS - Mal. Way to pull up an Ancient thread. More??

While Freeforms method is elegant it does seem overly involved compared to what a teacher of mine would use. He was an acupuncturist and naturopath as well as very accomplished martial artist. This method merely involved asking the question internally and then checking the strength of index finger and thumb touched together. Watching him do it repeatedly at high speed while checking several body issues,functions,systems looked like a shaman doing magical incantations. right hand goes out and gestures towards an organ or meridian or whatever, then comes back to flick against the left hand with index and thumb touching and repeat, over and over. Like many things it looked like magic when I didn't understand it, but it's really very simple. much easier than pendulum or pendulum body. Less moving parts.

Craig

PS - Mal. Way to pull up an Ancient thread. More??

Oh I remember this my dentist who is into alternative healing methods does this to his patient to check them. It is called "Oring" here is a link to that http://www.bpmlegal.com/wfinger.html and its effective and much more comfortable than using the arm.

SY