alfa

How to commit suicide?

I don't know nor do I care if sucicide is right wrong or otherwise.

I do know this though.

Those who are in so much pain,who feel for whatever reason that the only viable option for them is to commit suicide,deserve our love, our empathy,our understanding (even if we don't understand) and what ever emotional or physical support we can offer.

It has been my fate to see many who have been close to me, suffer from protracted and long suffering.

Time and time again I have been humbled by the strenght of spirit in face of overwhelming circumstances.

People who suffer to this degree,deserve better then emotional judgement,they deserve what is best from us.

And more often then not this is as simple as a shoulder to cry on,an ear that listens without judgement,a smile in a dark time.

Please lets refrain from casting our moral judgements and half baked theories of karmic retirbution at those who are suffering and consider instead how we can best aide one another in hard times.

I don't know nor do I care if sucicide is right wrong or otherwise.

I do know this though.

Those who are in so much pain,who feel for whatever reason that the only viable option for them is to commit suicide,deserve our love, our empathy,our understanding (even if we don't understand) and what ever emotional or physical support we can offer.

It has been my fate to see many who have been close to me, suffer from protracted and long suffering.

Time and time again I have been humbled by the strenght of spirit in face of overwhelming circumstances.

People who suffer to this degree,deserve better then emotional judgement,they deserve what is best from us.

And more often then not this is as simple as a shoulder to cry on,an ear that listens without judgement,a smile in a dark time.

Please lets refrain from casting our moral judgements and half baked theories of karmic retirbution at those who are suffering and consider instead how we can best aide one another in hard times.

I have been reading this post for days now, sometimes disinterested, sometimes sad. Thank you seadog: kind, wise words.

Edited by Deepbluesea

I must take issue with 'half baked' notions of karmic retribution. Most all spiritual traditions have something to say about the wrongness of suicide, and many do suggest that the act itself has karmic and spiritual consequence. I think this notion that there may be a consequence for taking one's own life and that it is spiritually forbidden by all wisdom teachings is a huge deterrent for many, many people.

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

In my opinion, if you've never thought suicidal thoughts, you're delusional about life. Life is harsh, and it's inhabitants as cold as the moon of Eris. This is a world of stone and ice.

At the very least, doth thou deny a man's right to his own life? If you do, you cannot righteously ever claim to believing in freedom again. But then again, when has America ever been about freedom? After guys like Lincoln, Ben and 'Tommy Gun' Jefferson died, America went straight to hell.

The easiest way to kill yourself is with a hard, sharp (as hard as you can, and as sharp of a knife as you can hone) to the back of the neck, slipping in between the body's armor of the spinal cord and severing the spinal cord. The knife has to be tilted so that the edge is pointed up a bit.

I advise you look at an anatomy chart.

But i advise you to be sure on your choices if you are thinking of killing yourself.

If you can be patient and ponder the way, there is a solution, hard as it is to find.

"Who can be muddled and use constant application to eventually become lucid?"

There are many translations of the Tao Te Ching, with alot of influence from Buddhism.

Your only job as a Taoist is to ponder freely. To seek answers, small matters and large, is all that matters. There can come a day when things make sense. I have spent a good deal of my life on this way.

I should start a topic on this

My advice on life is... If you cant see why not, do it. If you can see why not, try to find another way... If you can't find another way, a little inner-peace on the matter never killed.

People take life way too seriously.

Max & Wang Liping have both experienced death and came back.

However, that was a natural part of their training, more or less, and they had developed the ability to come back by that point. And neither of them did it intentionally through self-harm. So I think it's possible for a highly qualified adept to do so, but kids please don't try this at home! :D

Edited by vortex

In my opinion, if you've never thought suicidal thoughts, you're delusional about life. Life is harsh, and it's inhabitants as cold as the moon of Eris. This is a world of stone and ice.

At the very least, doth thou deny a man's right to his own life? If you do, you cannot righteously ever claim to believing in freedom again. But then again, when has America ever been about freedom? After guys like Lincoln, Ben and 'Tommy Gun' Jefferson died, America went straight to hell.

The easiest way to kill yourself is with a hard, sharp (as hard as you can, and as sharp of a knife as you can hone) to the back of the neck, slipping in between the body's armor of the spinal cord and severing the spinal cord. The knife has to be tilted so that the edge is pointed up a bit.

I advise you look at an anatomy chart.

Are you out of your mind?

You do that wrong, and you risk passing the rest of your life paralysed from the neck down. Reconsidering your action.

Definitly not the worth any consideration!

an ability honed by meditative practice is to stop the heart. many yogis consciously die when the time is right by going into meditation, but for them it's when the time is right, when the karma of being in a physical body is done and they move on.

if you're just curious why not wait? it will happen eventually man! no worries :lol:

in the mean time, as you patiently wait for your physical demise, you can look into traditions such as Vajrayana which have many methods for getting through the death process and attaining higher rebirth, or even enlightenment, at the moment of death.

death is very scary for most, utterly confusing, and shocking. without prior practice and expectancy of the signs that occur, you will most likely freak out and not attain a favorable rebirth

PM me or email me (mixolyd at gmail dot com) if you want to discuss this in private :)

Edited by mikaelz

No, if you cut above the fifth vertebrae down from the neck, it will sever the nerves to the heart. As long as there are ten minutes before they can put you on some life-support-from-space, you wont survive.

LOL yes stabbing yourself in the back with surgical precision is a great way of killing yourself.

Jeez, obviously, a big overdose of heroin would be quite a bit more painless, albeit slower. No secret there, but they could still wake you up with Narcan. And you might be brain damaged/dead from anoxia, not exactly heaven on earth.

Enough already with the methods...

In a way, thinking of killing yourself can liberate you. Think about it this way:

Life is too much, you just want to die. So in thinking of dying you realize, well if I'm just going to go throw it all away, I might as well go live the life I want to live! I can throw away any imagined obstacles; it becomes a lot easier to do this having already considered killing yourself. At that point, that close to death's door, what else do you have to lose? You're so much better off going to live in a monastery or something, rather than killing yourself.

Let it all go bro, and do what you've got to do to bring balance to your life. Let the pain and strain just go down the drain, and make some choices about what's really got to happen in your life.

Peace.

In a way, thinking of killing yourself can liberate you. Think about it this way:

Life is too much, you just want to die. So in thinking of dying you realize, well if I'm just going to go throw it all away, I might as well go live the life I want to live! I can throw away any imagined obstacles; it becomes a lot easier to do this having already considered killing yourself. At that point, that close to death's door, what else do you have to lose? You're so much better off going to live in a monastery or something, rather than killing yourself.

Let it all go bro, and do what you've got to do to bring balance to your life. Let the pain and strain just go down the drain, and make some choices about what's really got to happen in your life.

Peace.

Yes!!

Oh, do tell!

Have done so already here...short version: first time 33 seconds by bee sting to neck, second time 73 seconds by surgery.

Count Crown Chakra Awareness experiences, exactly like being dead, the number goes to nine.

Simple lesson learned...focus on Love to move toward the light...distractions increase if fail to do so do you...forward only goes the rabbit hole...but azimuth is up to you...wisdom of self-mummified Tibetan monk in more relief revealed...prepare azimuth of departure trajectory is key...to arriving where one intends.

Practice makes perfect.

Suggest do.

Apart from the yogis (or Xeno, who didn't do anything on purpose) who here has actually had so much as a whiff of (throwing oneself off a building, cutting some veins/arteries, taking a massive dose of whatever it takes, sticking their head in an oven -preferably gas, or it just takes longer...) or even just felt that way for enough time to say 'Yes, this would seriously be a better idea than anything else' and taken steps in that direction?

I agree with Seadog. If you feel so low that suicide seems the only thing to do then there are still other things you can do. Ideas like that aren't worth having. Ideas can be talked about at length after all this. You need to save yourself first.Call 911, get to an outpatient dept. They know what to do in emergencies. You can look at prevention after that.

You are worth living, otherwise you wouldn't be alive in the first place. Welcome all arguments that say otherwise. Come at me with a "Tao wants it that way" tip and I'll reply that Tao also wants you to be one with it, and I mean in a fully-intentional, without ego in the way, way. By all means kill your ego and come back after that and say you still want to top yourself and I still won't believe you so I will send you back to 911 and your therapist (or your family).

I can't stress enough how terrible internet can be for taking care of each other but if you are in any danger anytime now. Get assistance where you're at.

Anyone who exit using suicide should be punished on their re-entries with having to read forever and ever every happy life thereafter the garbage posts that is most of the board!!!!!

This should scare the living hell out of you right this moment!!!!!

Flush Gordon

For those who mention the samurai self-inflicted sacrifice, I would counter that this was not considered suicide. Suicide is jisetsu, the ritual that they performed was seppuku. For the Japanese, these were very different things.

Jisetsu (suicide) was always a very morally questionable practice that had very negative Buddhist consequences for the afterlife, because it was done out of an inability to cope with the true nature of reality. It came from weakness and a futile desire to escape.

Seppuku (ritual self-sacrifice) came from a place of incredible strength. It was always a sacrifice of the body/self for some greater purpose. Your death was to restore the honor and strength of your lord or your family. And your death was done knowing that you would return to samsara, but again, this too was a sacrifice that you were accepting for the greater good of your clan. It was deliberately as painful as possible, and unless you had a second to help, it would frequently take days to die from the blood loss. In Japanese culture, this type of ultimate sacrifice was looked upon how we would look upon a soldier protecting his country by giving his life, or a firefighter or police officer dying in the line of duty. It was a heroic act.

In the West we would lump both of these concepts together, but the Japanese consider the two to be very different (not just in the methods that were used).

Here's some advice for anyone thinking of suicide:

If you are going to do it, stick your head in a bucket of water and hold it till it's done. That way, if you have any last minute doubts, you can always stop yourself.

I've found that I (as well as most people) have a funny habit of second guessing ourselves and stopping at the very last minute. It all seems like a great idea right up until the second before you're about to go through with it.

And if you don't have any doubts, then no problem, but it's better to give yourself that chance.

(I hope no one takes this advice the wrong way, but everyone else has already gone over how you shouldn't do it and the ways to get help, which I agree with, but I don't feel needs to be repeated)

Hi,

I am only asking this out of curiosity. Death is the most important part of life. Without understanding death, no spiritual discipline is complete. So if a person wants to experience death directly by killing himself, what's the easiest and painless way of doing it?

Alfa

If you want to experience death, and still live in this life, you don't have to kill yourself. Just practice Dream or Bardo Yoga. The dissolution of the elements at the time of death is similar to that experienced when those Yogas are practised.

If you want to understand life you need to live it. If you die by suicide you haven't lived long enough to cultivate yourself and your spirit will become a ghost. You'll be trapped and never find the answer to the questions that you ask. To die naturally and old is to have experienced life then to shed your shell so your spirit can go on then that "death" is natural and a part of life.

Suicide is not a natural death only a means to an end of a natural cycle and only to lose your spirit forever.

Hi,

I am only asking this out of curiosity. Death is the most important part of life. Without understanding death, no spiritual discipline is complete. So if a person wants to experience death directly by killing himself, what's the easiest and painless way of doing it?

Alfa

Interestingly, people are referring to how suicide is condemned in Buddhism, yet, no-one really knows. I actually just started reading an interesting treatise on this the other day, perhaps now I will finish it.

http://www.westernbuddhistreview.com/vol4/..._suffering.html

Apart from the yogis (or Xeno, who didn't do anything on purpose) who here has actually had so much as a whiff of (throwing oneself off a building, cutting some veins/arteries, taking a massive dose of whatever it takes, sticking their head in an oven -preferably gas, or it just takes longer...) or even just felt that way for enough time to say 'Yes, this would seriously be a better idea than anything else' and taken steps in that direction?

I agree with Seadog. If you feel so low that suicide seems the only thing to do then there are still other things you can do. Ideas like that aren't worth having. Ideas can be talked about at length after all this. You need to save yourself first.Call 911, get to an outpatient dept. They know what to do in emergencies. You can look at prevention after that.

You are worth living, otherwise you wouldn't be alive in the first place. Welcome all arguments that say otherwise. Come at me with a "Tao wants it that way" tip and I'll reply that Tao also wants you to be one with it, and I mean in a fully-intentional, without ego in the way, way. By all means kill your ego and come back after that and say you still want to top yourself and I still won't believe you so I will send you back to 911 and your therapist (or your family).

I can't stress enough how terrible internet can be for taking care of each other but if you are in any danger anytime now. Get assistance where you're at.

From one who has had 2 serious attempts in his lifetime, I will have to call you on your bullshit here. Why do people feel that one has to be not in their right mind to contemplate or attempt suicide? Just because to you it is not a viable option, does not mean that it is not for others. If they are not meant to die, then they won't. It's as simple as that. But wanting to push the reset button on life should never be viewed as some kind of deficiency. As I believe in a rebirth, then for me, its like deleting all this text and starting writing all over again. Death is not the end of the road, merely the start of a new one.

A recent documentary on suicide jumpers from the Golden Gate Bridge recounts several of the few who actually

survived the jump having extreme regret once they had launched off the bridge and changing their minds. One

can only wonder at how many of the "successful" jumpers felt the same way, but were helpless to reverse the

decision they had made and plunged regretfully to their deaths.