alfa

How to commit suicide?

Hi,

I am only asking this out of curiosity. Death is the most important part of life. Without understanding death, no spiritual discipline is complete. So if a person wants to experience death directly by killing himself, what's the easiest and painless way of doing it?

Alfa

Hi,

I am only asking this out of curiosity. Death is the most important part of life. Without understanding death, no spiritual discipline is complete. So if a person wants to experience death directly by killing himself, what's the easiest and painless way of doing it?

Alfa

Sorry but I think it might take you a while to get the correct answer, dear, you see the people had done it have a tendency not to talk about it... for some reason...

Lock this thread please, Sean?

:angry:

Actually let's do one better and delete it completely. Alfa this topic is simply not appropriate. If you need help then I suggest you get professional assistence.

:)

Actually let's do one better and delete it completely. Alfa this topic is simply not appropriate. If you need help then I suggest you get professional assistence.

First, let me say that I completely disagree with the OP's very lightly explained ideas about life and death as it relates to spirituality.

But I find it interesting how quickly people seem to shut down on this topic. I know that suicide is very unacceptable here in the West but my understanding is that is quite different in other cultures, especially Japan. Suicide is actually quite common and very much a part of Japan's ancient culture. Although, due to the rash of suicides in recent years the government is trying to change things, laws and ideas around suicide.

And to the OP: Meditation on death seems perfectly valid and from that myriad ways should come to your imagination. But I would suggest focusing on acceptance of death and not on taking your own life. Death is inevitable but there are serious "karmic" repercussions to suicide.

Edited by Ryan T.
  • Like 1

You should be completely at ease with yourself if you ever wanted to commit suicide for whatever reason. A clear conscious would make the process, whatever way you choose, so much easier to do.

As for specific methods, I'd like the OP to be a little bit more specific as to why he wants that information.

Razors pain you

Rivers are damp

Acids stain you

And drugs cause cramp

Gas smells awful

Nooses give

Guns aren't lawful

You might as well live

Resume- by Dorothy Parker

Edited by erdweir

Without understanding death, no spiritual discipline is complete.

You can't understand death when you're dead...understanding is only for the living.

It's possible to confront your deep seated fear of death directly through certain spiritual practices. I recommend that!

I agree that this topic is inappropriate. Taoists seek immortality or longevity, not a quick release. Many actually believe that you would be doing yourself a disservice by committing suicide!

Plus it's just unethical to be helping someone kill themselves, who seems suicidal. You should be enjoying your life. Death will come quickly enough! Good luck to you.

• Like 1

Hi,

.........So if a person wants to experience death directly by killing himself, what's the easiest and painless way of doing it?

Alfa

Alfa the best way of take end of life is to don't do nothing!!

People nowdays are doing like "suicide" living that is the wors, to don't do nothing whit your life to just see the time past bye!!

77177_PE198443_S3.jpg

Hi,

Alfa

If you want to experience death - kill your ego - leaving your body intact.

How old are you?

First, let me say that I completely disagree with the OP's very lightly explained ideas about life and death as it relates to spirituality.

But I find it interesting how quickly people seem to shut down on this topic. I know that suicide is very unacceptable here in the West but my understanding is that is quite different in other cultures, especially Japan. Suicide is actually quite common and very much a part of Japan's ancient culture. Although, due to the rash of suicides in recent years the government is trying to change things, laws and ideas around suicide.

And to the OP: Meditation on death seems perfectly valid and from that myriad ways should come to your imagination. But I would suggest focusing on acceptance of death and not on taking your own life. Death is inevitable but there are serious "karmic" repercussions to suicide.

before you respond like a smartas*, look and see who's asking this kind of question and why

definately lock it

Hi,

Alfa

Reinforcing my original statement I will expand upon why I think this topic is inappropriate. Firstly because you never know who is reading this topic and I am sure you would not like to live with the guilt of knowing that someone has acted on your words.

And from a Taoist point of view the most important part of life is LIFE.

"When things die they become dry and brittle, when things are alive they are supple and flexible. To be a student of rigidity is to be a student of death. To be a student of resilience is to be a student of life. As such the Shengren makes the newborn their source of inspiration."

To contemplate life after death is to miss out on the incredible opportunity for full spiritual integration right NOW. If life has become distasteful seek an ENTRY into the essence of life in the fullness of NOW rather seek an exit.

:D

Hi,

Alfa

Death is not the most important part of life. In fact, death is not a part of life at all.

Death is the absence of life. Like dark is the absence of light.

On the other hand, thinking about death is certainly a big part of life and we all need to reconcile that for ourselves.

I wonder why the poster is asking others for an easy and painless way to die?

Death and life are both hard. Everything worthwhile is hard.

There's a good reason why the samurai killed themselves in a horrific and painful manner.

Death is a very serious business and any consideration of death should be very serious indeed.

I have two good friends who are watching their sons fight against brain cancer.

I watched a young lady face a lifetime of paralysis after a botched attempt at hanging herself - she relished her life after that!

I've watched the pain of children, parents, and spouses trying to deal with the suicide of loved ones... it's terrible for those left behind.

I feel that those who choose to throw away their lives are weak and cowards.

Life is the most precious gift we can ever receive.

It deserves to be cherished and worshipped, not tossed away as if by an impulsive adolescent or jihadist.

I've thought of taking my own life once or twice. I imagine that most of us do to different degrees. I could think of any number of ways to do it - painful, slow, quick, painless, dramatic, subtle... What's the difference?

Death will come for you soon enough. The question is, will you be ready when it does?

Live fully and deeply for as long as you can - only then will you understand and appreciate the beauty of death.

If the poster is just making conversation, there are better topics to discuss than easy ways to die.

If looking for an easy way out - please ask for help, life is worth the struggle although sometimes it can be overwhelming and may not seem like it for a time.

• Like 1

I work in mental health, and letting people know which is the best way to f@cking die on this forum is not helping anyone especially someone with mental illness reading this f@cking forum.

Why not talk about mental illness and beating the issues using Dao?

Not telling how to kill yourself!!!

Spirit ape

before you respond like a smartas*, look and see who's asking this kind of question and why

definately lock it

So I went back and reread the OP's post and the few that came after it as well as my own post. I can't quite figure out where you read me being a smart ass.

I feel like I thought my post out fairly logically. First, if this person really wants to kill themselves they have come to an odd forum to do so, as I am sure a person could easily find another forum that deals with such specific subject matter. And as he put in the context of spiritual searching, I tried to address what I saw as the error of his considerations on suicide vs. death. Plus, if the OP is really suicidal, is it really the best advice to just say "lock the thread" or "this is inappropriate"? Seems to me if the person really is suicidal an open, fairly compassionate conversation about the concept of suicide might do them some good. And I have seen some good posts along those lines in subsequent posts.

If Sean sees this as a taboo subject then he should lock the thread. But just because I disagree with something you or someone else posts and I post that disagreement does not mean that I am necessarily being a smart ass. I am just stating my take on a given situation.

I work in mental health, and letting people know which is the best way to f@cking die on this forum is not helping anyone especially someone with mental illness reading this f@cking forum.

Why not talk about mental illness and beating the issues using Dao?

Not telling how to kill yourself!!!

Spirit ape

I have yet to see anyone post anything that tells a person what is the easiest or most pain-free way to commit suicide, as was the OP's question.

Thus far, I read responses that are trying to do just what you suggest.

• Like 1

I wouldnt say its Taboo, but does deserve to be at Tao bums you just never know who and what age is reading this and how it could effect people especially giving people ideas on the best and easiest pain free way to end your life.

Anyway just my thought...

Spirit ape

So I went back and reread the OP's post and the few that came after it as well as my own post. I can't quite figure out where you read me being a smart ass.

It's because you haven't looked well enough. Sorry for the smartas* thing.

It's because you haven't looked well enough.

So who's being a smart ass?

Sorry for the smartas* thing.

While I guess I appreciate the apology, I find your comment a bit condescending. Just because you and don't agree on the topic of suicide being discussed does not mean that I haven't looked at or thought my ideas on this subject out thoroughly.

I have had people close to me die though some form of suicide. My understanding of people that may be suicidal is that most really just want to be acknowledged and/or appreciated. There literally is nothing you, me or anyone else could say on this forum that would make someone do something that they weren't already planning on doing.

Like the "internets peoples killed my little boy" is just as silly as "the video games killed my little boy" or "black sabbath killed my little boy".

I still find this odd. My take on this was to try to bring ideas into the light and have a dialogue about a topic that could be important to many people and you would have me looking at my "lack" of intent in my thoughts and words. Yet you seem to want to clamp down any dialogue due to your own personal fears about what could happen. When in reality we have no control over what a person does.

• Like 1

:lol:

ok i'll bite

smartas* = a guy that loves the adventure of free thinking, without taking the responsability for it;

irresponsable thinker ;

(i.e. regarding suicide - he doesn't REALLY understand that what for him may be just a theory worth exploring in theory, others may be in the mood of practicing it; and WHEN it happens, the dead is the guilty party)

i Really have no intention in continuing with this argument, i hope you can get pass my concescendence and irony and see the idea for what it is.

every bit of information Effectively shapes our consciousness.

you are of course entitled to explore your view on things.

good luck

L1

How interesting the way in which this forum is reacting to this question. Really really interesting.

Yes it can be used the wrong way. But ...

the idea of someone dying seem to be making some people really unconfortable.

No, it's not the idea of someone dying, it's the idea that someone here might indirectly cause someone else death.

how long have you seated and contemplated death? It was a daily meditation for some of our zen cousins!

And how long have you seated and contemplated that something you do might cause another person's death. Someone you never know, you surely will never knew.

Everything you do causes incredible changes in the whole universe.

Where does our responsability start?

Where does it end?

Beside there is quite a tradition inside succesful Taoists of breaking the shell.

There was also a parallel tradition of breaking the emperor's shell ;-)

-oops that was an error. Sorry your majesty. Ehm, the emperor has just become an immortal.

No, I would say don't close this thread, leave it here, leave it open.

And let's observe it.

For me I have many questions I would like to pose on this topic:

is suicide always wrong or there are situations where you consider it acceptable?

And what about the society? Does the ethical status of suicide depends at all on the status of the society?

Let me quote on this a short story:

There was an island in the ocean. It had problems of overpopulations. They did not want to go and kill each other, so what they did was to permit to people to suicide themselves.

What about compassionate suicide? When a person life has become a huge burden.

I really would love to know what you guys and girls are thinking. Especially those that jumped and wanted this thread closed.

Vertigo isn't fear of falling, but desire to fly.

Razors pain you

Rivers are damp

Acids stain you

And drugs cause cramp

Gas smells awful

Nooses give

Guns aren't lawful

You might as well live

Resume- by Dorothy Parker

Wonderful!

I'll send this to a friend of mine who is constantly depressed (you can understand him, he lives in North-Wet England, while coming from Sunny-Sunny Rome), and recently told me that a suicidal person is an impatient person.

• Like 1

Memento mori,

Staying out of body during astral sex until the body dies.

Beat that. :P

How about the most painful?

:lol:

ok i'll bite

Nothing to bite on.

i Really have no intention in continuing with this argument, i hope you can get pass my concescendence and irony and see the idea for what it is.

Myopic and bullshit? Yep, I see it and saw it for what it was. Sorry just my opinion.

And I also have no intention of continuing on with this conversation as you seem to have your stance and I have mine.

But I do enjoy that the dialogue on this topic continues.