Sign in to follow this  
Taoist81

A question about the consensus on technique

Now, as anyone who has been reading here for some time knows, most here don't see it as advisable to practice taoist sexual techniques without a proper teacher and other appropriate practices for balance.

That is not what this post is about.

On a purely physical level, what does everyone think is the appropriate technique with regards to things like "pc pull-ups", the Deer Exercise etc.? Most of us started out on Mantak Chia with instructions to contract the PC around the perineum, then there is Dr. Lin who says it should be the anus, then there is the Deer Exercise that says PC, then there are others who say anus.

What do our fellow Bums think?

Now, as anyone who has been reading here for some time knows, most here don't see it as advisable to practice taoist sexual techniques without a proper teacher and other appropriate practices for balance.

That is not what this post is about.

On a purely physical level, what does everyone think is the appropriate technique with regards to things like "pc pull-ups", the Deer Exercise etc.? Most of us started out on Mantak Chia with instructions to contract the PC around the perineum, then there is Dr. Lin who says it should be the anus, then there is the Deer Exercise that says PC, then there are others who say anus.

What do our fellow Bums think?

On a purely physical level, none of the above.

if you're looking for consensus, you imply that there must be some of us that know what is what.

that may be so, but then again, the one's that have their issues solved don't go around posting on forums - like me for instance :lol:

so, if you want my take on it, you might want to check the link in my signature.

i think we need to be able to control that area as precise as we control our hand and fingers...

which means ALL of it, all that bottom zone, AND the areas that connect to it.

if you can't do it physically, it's hard to say what can you do at the qi level...

overdoing it is not good, it depends on the practicioner to find the balance between not doing and overdoing.

it's as normal as controlling your footsteps, for god's sake, or the way you take your spoon to your mouth.

it's still a part of you that needs training, regardless of sexual implications.

the secondary effect is that you may become better in bed, and that's it.

there are a lot of old people that can't control that area... it's pretty embarassing to them.

so start early.

if you're looking for consensus, you imply that there must be some of us that know what is what.

that may be so, but then again, the one's that have their issues solved don't go around posting on forums - like me for instance :lol:

so, if you want my take on it, you might want to check the link in my signature.

i think we need to be able to control that area as precise as we control our hand and fingers...

which means ALL of it, all that bottom zone, AND the areas that connect to it.

if you can't do it physically, it's hard to say what can you do at the qi level...

overdoing it is not good, it depends on the practicioner to find the balance between not doing and overdoing.

it's as normal as controlling your footsteps, for god's sake, or the way you take your spoon to your mouth.

it's still a part of you that needs training, regardless of sexual implications.

the secondary effect is that you may become better in bed, and that's it.

there are a lot of old people that can't control that area... it's pretty embarassing to them.

so start early.

Great question, I meant to ask this in another post, but didn't.

Thanks L1, I agree completely.

Exercise is really important but my experience is that pc contractions during sex led to unwanted effects. You are not going to hurt anything with a very strong pelvic floor, I think that it can only benefit. The timing of the exercise is key, and for me, absolutely not during sex. Besides, I am usually having too much fun to think about methodology.

Obviously, for any of us who have experience in this area there are no simple answers. However, mayn people find there way here (and other Taoist oriented sites) because of sexual practice questions.

Out of three responses, only one even discusses the practicality of PC contractions.

Ya Mu, your words in many threads are often spot on and insightful.... care to elaborate?

Little 1.....without disagreeing with the points in your post.... do you have an answer you would like to add? Do you as a practitioner have a "belief" on the PC vs. not PC debate?

deepblue, thank you.

Yes, actually I do have something to add...

Deepbluesea, if I would tell you not to contract your foot muscles when you walk, would it make sense to you?

The same is with intercourse.

Those muscle tense and relax many times during intercourse.

For instance, what I do... My best morning practice is pelvic floor exercise.

There are 15 different zones of the pelvic floor that I train with.

A couple of training routines.

And 2-3 levels of training.

That means training to contract, expand, and then RELAX.

Many forget about the RELAX part. It's as important as the other one, even more.

And if you're accustomed to do it every day, and see the benefits, you think you'd be able to refrain from it during intercourse? Far from it...

The context of the practice is what makes one do it properly.

For instance, if you are too focused on the genitals, as a male, you are bound to finish quickly.

That's why when you do it, you have to know WHY, HOW, and WHEN to do it.

And that, my friend, cannot be taught over the internet.

Suffice to say that, for the PC practice to work, you have to be like the proverbial painter.

When a good painter paints, he forgets about his brush - because he has mastered it.

Exercise is really important but my experience is that pc contractions during sex led to unwanted effects.

You are not going to hurt anything with a very strong pelvic floor, I think that it can only benefit.

Sign in to follow this