wenwu

Beijing?

how many of your guys are in China? how many in Beijing?

was there 2 months ago. Very nice except certain websites(KAP) were blocked. say hi to katherine at hooter's beijing if you see her ; ).

Edited by ryansmith

you can use the program TOR to get past blocked sites, it's what i've been doing since i've been living in Nanjing for the last 4 months. going back to the states this weekend though. visited Beijing, found it too populous for my tastes.

I hjave heard of certain sites being blocked from China. Why is that? Does the Chinese government do this?

I was over for five days (among other places in China) a few weeks ago. Although I am a Yang Taijiquan stylist I met up with my friend who studies Chen. The Taiji is really good there, I was watching some guy go through a form in the Temple of Heaven grounds which looked like he was making up as he went along.

There's also lots of Taiji going on in Zizhuyuan Park, Haidian District, northwest of Beijing is where I used to train when I was last there a few years ago.

The best place to learn though is at Beijing University of Physical Education with Professor Zhang Guangde who teaches Daoyin Yangsheng Gong.

Hehe, the Chinese government blocking sites is an old thing of theirs. Tiananmen square anyone? That event apparently never existed according to Chinese internet.

Hey, I am expecting to be in beijing through the next year to study chinese.

it would be cool to know another bum hanging around that city.

or maybe good masters to learn taichi from.. (then I could make $$ teaching tai-chi classes back in memphis through grad-school.....)

Hehe, the Chinese government blocking sites is an old thing of theirs. Tiananmen square anyone? That event apparently never existed according to Chinese internet.

Yeah I typed in Tiannaman Square while there and no man in front of a tank. There's actually a really good documentary by I think CNN which talks of how US copmanies (Cisco, Yahoo, Google) helped to create anti-Chinese Dissent software which gives the chinese govt. the names of individuals who post anything against China via the internet.

Hey, I am expecting to be in beijing through the next year to study chinese.

it would be cool to know another bum hanging around that city.

or maybe good masters to learn taichi from.. (then I could make $$ teaching tai-chi classes back in memphis through grad-school.....)

I live in Beijing. Don't be talking to teachers in Beijing about intentions of going home and making big bucks as teachers. After hearing about how much Kumar and others charge for classes back home, they are already very sensitive to the issue, and between that and rabid Nationalism, in Beijing (where the cost of living is somewhere south of 1/5 of that of Big City N.America) I pay more for instruction then I ever did while living in N.America.

And yes, the Chinese government has 100% control of the media inside the country, and extensively censors access to international websites. That is why many (most?) mainland Chinese still believe that Taiwan is just another province. And don't try to tell them otherwise.

fidly in the beijing hood eh...shit...well expect there may be a few lonely types lookin for a 'special' friend to keep em company n such like...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...backs to the walls boys!!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...only kiddin with ya son...pass me the soap while yer down there...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...shit...ya need to be workin on your ENGLISH boy afore ya go off n think ya can learn the civilized tung...god help the poor bastards whod need ta rely on you for there tai chi lessons...why dont ya goin find some poor bastards wife ta cheet with...ya...youd make a fine example of moral behavior...shit...be a real shame if the husband court up with ya...lessen hes lookin fer a special friend also..

Edited by Epicurious

Maybe I could do a threesome ;)

nah, I wouldn't try and make 'big bucks'... just lead and teach a simple tai-chi class, (like 5$ a class.) memphis seems to be going through a wierd time-- before there were multiple classes, now there are none. I could totally tap that market when I get back next year.

I just need some random certificate written in chinese. maybe i'll write it myself, and associate to my favorite bang in china. who'll know the difference. I'll only be fooling idiots like everybody on this board.

I guess I could throw in some 'workshops' B)

Edited by findley