Sign in to follow this  
11:33

Wang Li Ping Seminar Talk

So I wanted to ask about what you all learned at the recent seminar with Kathy Li. Well I already saw some reviews on the other thread, but thought it would be nice to have a specific thread to talk about what was shared at the seminar.

What is the main practice? What are you supposed to go home and practice daily, and for how long?

Also, what is the Seven Star Meditation?

All the Best

We learned some sitting, standing & moving meditations basically for collecting and balancing qi. And maybe I'm imagining things, but I feel as if my health has already improved from it.

So, my preliminary speculation right now is that there may be a sort of "3 element" cycle between jing, qi & shen.

Where, working with shen creates spiritual openings and awakenings. But may use up qi and thus decrease health.

Working with qi builds physical health. But this may also drain jing.

Not really sure what jing does...aside from probably sex.

Anyhow, I think plain qigong is important for building up a good reservoir of qi and physical health to help fuel higher alchemy. It may even be that we want to create a pyramid of jing, qi & shen. I think it's easy to snub qigong as a "lower practice," but I'm seeing how it may actually be an important foundation to "higher" neigong.

Or, I could be totally wrong about all this. What the bleep do I know? :D

PS - 7 star is a group meditation - you cannot do it alone.

Edited by vortex

Are there foundation practices you can discuss here, for others to learn?

I was interested when I read that they said to hold off on upper dan tien work, since you need a good foundation before that. Well, mainly all of what I practice is upper dan tien! So I'm interested in learning some ground work type stuff, if possible.

We learned some sitting, standing & moving meditations basically for collecting and balancing qi. And maybe I'm imagining things, but I feel as if my health has already improved from it.

So, my preliminary speculation right now is that there may be a sort of "3 element" cycle between jing, qi & shen.

Where, working with shen creates spiritual openings and awakenings. But may use up qi and thus decrease health.

Working with qi builds physical health. But this may also drain jing.

Not really sure what jing does...aside from probably sex.

Anyhow, I think plain qigong is important for building up a good reservoir of qi and physical health to help fuel higher alchemy. It may even be that we want to create a pyramid of jing, qi & shen. I think it's easy to snub qigong as a "lower practice," but I'm seeing how it may actually be an important foundation to "higher" neigong.

Or, I could be totally wrong about all this. What the bleep do I know? :D

PS - 7 star is a group meditation - you cannot do it alone.

Did any of the practices taught involve reverse breathing? Just curious.

Did any of the practices taught involve reverse breathing? Just curious.

Thanks to all you guys who sent me details through PMs. This really helped get a birdview of the techniques that were taught and the approach.

Thanks again :)

Sign in to follow this