Smile

The real reason they won't release the torture photos/videos

I've decided not to feel horrible until I see the pictures and I know this is a real story. Without the photos they could be talking about photos of aliens or the loch ness monster. Without the photos its just rumor-mongering.

Images or not Obama has admitted that we've waterboarded them before - which is something we locked up the japs for back in WW2.

Images or not Obama has admitted that we've waterboarded them before - which is something we locked up the japs for back in WW2.

Where did waterboarding enter this particular issue? You repeat things too easily, bro. They did much worse than waterboarding back then...as in torture, not just discomfort on some relatively severe level. Chop fingers, attach electrodes to nuts and such. Far cry from waterboarding.

So...its basically bad stuff went on at Abu G...and now we find that it was worse than thought. I guess the question is, what does this change? Of course, if any new offenders are brought forth, they should face appropriate justice.

Either way...sick shit...wtf would possess someone to do stuff like this?? Disgusting.

Edited by joeblast

Where did waterboarding enter this particular issue? You repeat things too easily, bro. They did much worse than waterboarding back then...as in torture, not just discomfort on some relatively severe level. Chop fingers, attach electrodes to nuts and such. Far cry from waterboarding.

So...its basically bad stuff went on at Abu G...and now we find that it was worse than thought. I guess the question is, what does this change? Of course, if any new offenders are brought forth, they should face appropriate justice.

Either way...sick shit...wtf would possess someone to do stuff like this?? Disgusting.

Yeah they did worse I just found it ironic that we're doing the same thing we have jailed people for in the past.

well, 2,200 people died, so we got 5 1/2 thousand soldiers killed including suicide, and killed a million people. Any race that batshitfuckinginsane is bound to do a little raping, so it seems perfectly reasonable that smile's claims are true.

Dont have the link, but i heard a story on one of the darker parts of the internet of a soldeir who was 'highly' intoxicated as well as supposably on heavy over the counter medication that raped what was either a 3 or 9 month year old. Got off scot-free

It goes together with all the other stuff going on...

Examples:

Did you see what Obama wants to do with any threat to his regime?

1uuWVHT1WUY

We can't really know if what they call "an enemy combatant" is just a farmer that was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Or a public speaker that opposes banking fraud. Alone, in the dark of their solitary cell, no one will hear their screams or complaints.

Look at this example of how the information is manufactured to fit our desires: Top Ranking CIA Operatives Admit Al-qaeda Is a Complete Fabrication

But you will never here about stuff like this in the mainstream media... that's why they are starting projects like Project Expose MSM to find the real people behind the media blackouts on some of the news.

That is saddening.

In a world that seems to be insane, we can work daily to become wise.

We don't have the power to change everything all at once, but we can change ourselves.

:mellow:

I'm watching the documentary Smile posted. I thought that a line from it was very appropriate, "they believed that they were free, but in reality they were trapped by their own selfish and greedy desires. American society was not going forward, it was taking people backwards. They were becoming isolated beings, driven by primitive animal forces."

Edited by 11:33

Also interesting in this context...

Christopher Hitchens tries waterboarding:

This is very interesting:

Openly defending double-standards. Very nationalistic.

The problem (besides the fact that that infamous ticking-bomb-szenario can always be atrificially constructed) with this debate about what's appropriate and what not, and that's rarely mentioned, is that we shouldn't debate about a clear legal basis! That is the sick part about it. It is like wanting a clear legal basis for when it is OK to kill and eat your pal when stranded and starving on a desolate island. It is the intent to make a difficult decision easy and waterproof, and these decisions should not be easy at all, that's the point!

Edited by Hardyg

The rumors of what was done, and is being done, that come from the soldiers is very disturbing. I have family in the military, I don't need the news to know that our actions are as ethical as those of Iraqs former ruler.

That we frequently refuse to follow our own engagement rules in combat is also very disturbing.

That our bullets are made of nuclear waste... any idea what having uranium 60% as radioactive as normal around you all the time does? Lets just say the pentagon is not concerned with the long term health of grunts, let alone the fact that we are spreading radioactive waste.

That our leaders will openly lie to their own people and the world. Will there ever come a day when we demand accountability?

Several of our recent leaders should be on trial for treason.

The bullets aren't made of depleted uranium, but the ammunitions were. I'm not so sure that it's being done lately...but it was, to my knowledge, happening at the beginning of the occupation.

But your point is very good...the pentagon, the president, and the higher ups of the military all don't give a shit about grunts. There is a lot of unhealthy stuff we have to deal with. What makes me sad is that people actually fall for the "being patriotic and serving your country is good" crap. Even my own parents...and they just call me a cynic that I try to tell them this stuff.

Flags waving on beautiful summer days, smiling and fun parades, beer and brats. The fact is that being a soldier is not good, and people should know that. All of what America sees is a facade. To anyone that wants to join - don't. Value your freedom, and fight when it actually matters. Don't fall for the BS about having to fight over there so the war doesn't come here...it's not true at all.

Okay rant over.

About whether soldiers actually do really messed up stuff...yeah a lot of them have the capacity and wish to. American boys and girls aren't always good people, like we all want to believe. I have served with people who I think are horrible human beings. However, there are also many more good people who keep their heads and make sure things don't get out of hand. We always followed ROE. At least that's how it was in my old unit.

There are good ones out there, for sure.

But I recall the playground, a place where I saw the evil side of our species in its pure form and I know that those monsters grow up.

Some of those people you surely met while in service of your country are such creatures.

To me war brings out a persons true soul, there are those who would say that their capacity to harm others was a product of terrible conditions, but I know men who went into those conditions the same as they came out, excepting a case of Gulf War syndrome. I also know men who have joined because of their thirst for blood and battle.

Those with good hearts go in and come out of the service with good hearts, while those who lack them cannot find them in war.

If you have served recently can you mention the use of music as a combat motivator for our soldiers and what type of music it is?

Haha...gangsta rap and crappy heavy metal. Stuff that gets your adrenaline going, in 4/4. :lol: The guys that played that were generally the ones to lose control and get the blood lust going. Not saying the music made them that way, but it did bring it out in them.

Also besides music, a lot of guys tended to take stuff like Stacker 2...to be able to be alert on missions (because we went out in the night). That added to their aggression as well.

I took that stuff once and was incredibly pissed off all day long for no good reason. Horrible feeling.

Anyway you're right...war reveals a person's true colors. I understand different types of people much better now.

Also besides music, a lot of guys tended to take stuff like Stacker 2...to be able to be alert on missions (because we went out in the night). That added to their aggression as well.

I took that stuff once and was incredibly pissed off all day long for no good reason. Horrible feeling.

Always good to see the parallels to the so-called enemies: What you write reminds me of (among other places) Mogadishu and Khat. You know what I mean? I learned about this from a documentary about what really happened during "Black Hawk Down". Just read a bit about Khat.